It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia Isn’t The Main Problem With Catholic Priests, Homosexuality Is

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Homosexuality and Pedophilia are both deviant sexual behaviors that should be avoided by people that consider themselves Godly or spiritual. Both are sinful in the dogma of the Catholic church and neither is better or worse than the other. Maybe the real issue is enforcing celibacy in the first place.

Do you honestly think heterosexual marriages would stop the problems of homosexuality and paedophilia in the church or anywhere else for that matter ? If you do, could you explain how and why ?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Maureen Mullarkey is a painter and a critic. A member of the International Association of Art Critics (AICA), she writes on art and its intersection with religious and politics. Her essays have appeared in various publications, including The Nation, The Hudson Review, Arts Magazine, Art & Antiques, and The American Arts Quarterly.

This lady is wholly unqualified to make any such determinations. But this is a religion for you.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The author is entirely incorrect. The problem has nothing to do with homosexuality. The problem has to do with individual clergy failing to honor their vows of celibacy and hierarchy who is willing to look the other way. The fix is to hold the pedophiles accountable and send them to jail and to, as well, prosecute those in the hierarchy who protect the criminals.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Liberals attack Christianity

The church isn't exactly making that a difficult endeavor.

Defend homosexuality.

Who a person decides to engage in relationships with does not require a defense. Rape and molestation are non-consensual and are therefore indefensible regardless of the sexual orientation of the individual.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

She's lashing out at her perceived enemies and external threats to the Catholic Church. She just can't accept that there's a problem with the Church itself and that it and God are not synonymous.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

They have it all and entirely wrong and I have been trying to explain that to clergy in the Church for the last two weeks! The church has always had devout, learned and dedicated gay priests. The difference is they cherished and clung to their vows of celibacy.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Metallicus

Homosexuality and Pedophilia are both deviant sexual behaviors that should be avoided by people that consider themselves Godly or spiritual. Both are sinful in the dogma of the Catholic church and neither is better or worse than the other. Maybe the real issue is enforcing celibacy in the first place.

Do you honestly think heterosexual marriages would stop the problems of homosexuality and paedophilia in the church or anywhere else for that matter ? If you do, could you explain how and why ?

I don't think suppressing the human biological imperative is going to be a good plan. I am unsure that it requires marriage to release that sexual energy, but trying to suppress the human nature is not going to end well.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Breaking the oath isn't the issue for me. Religion is meaningless to me. Covering it up is the issue, the continued cover-up at the highest levels of the Church.
edit on 3 10 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

you must be a liberal. Because that was a joke and you didn’t get it .

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Homosexuality is not a behavior, for # sake.

I didn’t wake up one day and choose to behave like I’m attracted to guys. In fact if you met me you’d never know I was gay.

It really surprises me how many of you on this forum still can’t make that distinction.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

you must be a liberal. Because that was a joke and you didn’t get it .

This is a text-only medium. How am I suppose to know you're joking?

No, I'm not a liberal.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Homosexuality is not a behavior, for # sake.

I didn’t wake up one day and choose to behave like I’m attracted to guys. In fact if you met me you’d never know I was gay.

It really surprises me how many of you on this forum still can’t make that distinction.

I don't care what you do with your personal time.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

My bad and trust me when I say this.

I completely and sincerely apologize for calling you a liberal .

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Seems like you fundamentally misunderstood my point.

I think you meaht to say, or should have said:

‘I don’t care what you do with your personal time, so long as it doesn’t involve murder, rape, or children.’

To which I would have to agree. But that’s not what you said in your first post in this thread. Therefor, I replied the way I did.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

First this an opinion piece not a news piece, you present it as fact.

Federalist is a hard right periodical.

Analysis / Bias The Federalist is a news and opinion website that reports with a right wing bias that typically favors the right and denigrates the left.

There is frequent use of loaded emotional language such as this: The New York Times’ Hit Piece On Mike Pence Is Anti-Christian Bigotry, Plain And Simple. In general, The Federalist sources all of their information to credible mainstream outlets, however they sometimes use sources that we have rated mixed for factual reporting such as the Daily Caller.

According to an article from the left leaning Daily Beast, The Federalist was openly critical on Donald Trump before he won the election, but has since become a strong supporter of his Presidency and agenda. Further, In November 2017, The Federalist came under criticism from both conservatives and liberals for publishing an opinion piece by Ouachita Baptist University philosopher Tully Borland defending Roy Moore’s dating of teenagers while he was in his 30s and arguing that such behavior was “not without some merit if one wants to raise a large family.”

A factual search reveals that The Federalist has made a Mostly False claim that was not corrected. In order to be classified High for factual reporting a source may fail only one fact check without correction. If another fact check is failed by this source it will be labeled as Mixed for factual reporting. Overall, we rate The Federalist Right Biased based on story selection that favors the right and High (on thin ice) for factual reporting. (8/8/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 8/10/2018)

mediabiasfactcheck.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
At the highest levels it is one big satanic cult. No joke.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Seems like you fundamentally misunderstood my point.

I think you meaht to say, or should have said:

‘I don’t care what you do with your personal time, so long as it doesn’t involve murder, rape, or children.’

To which I would have to agree. But that’s not what you said in your first post in this thread. Therefor, I replied the way I did.

I don't care what you do with your personal time as long as it doesn't harm others or their property. I just assumed you would not break any laws.

Hope that helps you.
edit on 2018/10/3 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have that’s how I know they have the same people and same got.
allthatsinteresting.com...
This is just the first thing I could find with pictures so I think you will like it.

It’s just what messiah or prophet they latch onto.
I took a few relegion classes in university just because it’s fasinated me how people have latched onto relegion for so long and with such zeal.

World religion,ancient myths and ancient lost religions.

Noah’s flood was plagarized from the epic of Gilgamesh.
Jesus a further plagerization of more ancient religions, like the cult of Mithra.
Every modern religion is a rip off of a older one they just change the names to suit their need and garner their followers

You should see the amount of flood myths and messiahs there are out there.
Lots of death and ressurection too,way before Jesus

Go read your favourite book then and ignore all the others.
a reply to: smkymcnugget420
en.m.wikipedia.org...

This is a good read too.www.amazon.com...=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=mysteruniver-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=162055636 7&linkId=46ac816a4e15114a0d112f7ff23b7df6

Worth the buy.
edit on 3-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

The majority of Priests - it is not only the catholic church but protestant pastors and orthodox priests as well as Muslim imam's and Hindu priests - are people whom simply believe in God, they love God and want to devote there lives to him.

But were there is power there is corruption and the church's have long been a place of social standing and power.

Kiddie Fiddlers - it is not repressed sexuality it is sadism you walk down a street and want to see children safe - well behaved BUT SAFE - they see them as a sex toy, something they can oppress and control to get there sexual kick's from, some of these pedophiles are themselves the victim's of child abuse and have some wiring in there brain's connected the VERY WRONG way around but this does not excuse them or there action's, others are simply evil people and let's be fair we live in a world of good and evil with most people being a mix of the two however most people do not ascribe to this form of particularly nasty anti humane evil.

Homosexual's were consenting adult's do there thing even if we both disagree and don't understand there persuasion are definitely not in the same boat as pedophiles and it is most certainly not fair to put them in it with them, many of them are decent folk in every other way and would never abuse a child and in fact would care just as much about that child as an ordinary heterosexual person would - in some cases more since some gay men have almost motherly instinct's, even pedophiles that favor abusing young boy's are seldom actually homosexual's but most often have a wife and even kid's of there own, some even don't abuse there OWN kid's favoring the children of other's but most do.

The CATHOLIC, PROTESTANT or ORTHODOX church or indeed the other faith's mentioned is not the point here.
Were there is power there are those that seek it, were there is a cover there are those that will use it.

But we all know the Church has a cancer and is seemingly not fighting it as it should be, each of these priests whom abuse children is already DEFROCKED in the sight of the lord, they are already Wolves in sheep's clothing and those that would protect them while sacrificing the very lamb's the good shepherd laid down his life for are also DEFROCKED in the sight of the lord make no mistake about this, there position in an earthly institute makes no difference they have NO position in the heavenly institute and have forfeited any oath they made.

Jesus I would remind you did not like the hypocrisy of rabbis whom abused there power so how much less will he like the devil's that hide under the cover of his church.

Make no mistake these pedophile priests are not priests of Christ or of the REAL church rather they are priests of Satan and pervert the course of the church for his whims and there own.

But for every real devil even some sitting on the throne of peter there has been a real pope chosen by God himself, a saint made into a modern apostle to show his sign's and anointed not by man but by the holy spirit himself, Padre Pio is a good example of one such priest, John Paul the first was murdered because he was TOO good and so were several other pope's.

But don't think to use this to attack the church itself, God will sift his wheat himself and those tares will be well and truly dealt with in his own way.

Here is a point though, those that use these evil men to destroy the ENTIRE church are actually on the same side as these evil men - the church is fighting for it's life on earth.
And remember also that Christianity already know's that it will all but die out on earth before the second coming when the Lord will restore it - those atheists, secularist's and devil worshipers are then to join the tares - including pedophile priests - were they are going.

But it is not only the church, the human race is in such a state that there is good and evil in every flock.

Child abusers seek out positions were they can affect there perversion upon there victim's such as school masters, social workers, sports coaches and guide masters as well as other avenues to power even politics.
But so do other corrupt being's, there is a good saying to remember it is Not power that corrupts but power that attracts the corrupt.

edit on 3-10-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Pedophilia is bad, is a gimme there’s no discussion needed .

But

Liberals attack Christianity

And

Defend homosexuality.

Why bring partisan politics into this?

This isn't a left/right issue, this is a snip-hole issue,

(ETA, Please excuse the terrible pun)

edit on 4/10/2018 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Eta

<< 1    3 >>

join