It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, 87, Searches for Job to Pay for Wife's Medical Bills: 'He's a Very Good Man', She Sayss

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Willtell

Riiiiight...cause people from canada don't flock to US healthcare because getting any there takes so long so often they either end up worse or dead because of it.

LMAO yes, and i have heard the same about people going to Mexico for cheap drugs that cost 10/50x or more in the US. It is the same all over. I have read crazy stories about people who have a right for health care in Mexico dying on the waiting room, due to no doctors being available to treat them for hours and hours, because their system is overwhelmed and there's no money anymore for the most basic stuff or hiring more personal

I don't think a free system like that really works, sounds nice but i don't see how it can really work, from what i have seen in several places

I don't have any free health care,at all, but get by paying private doctors, no other way around it. Fortunately my family can afford it too so i won't die out there sitting on the waiting room for 12 hours while having a stroke or something, i don't think some people get it how things always look good on paper but not happen the same in real life

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher777
I hear Go Fund Me pages are pretty popular

That is what i was just thinking reading this story , What could go wrong with a 85 year old driving a hgv truck

www.birminghammail.co.uk...

A 77-year-old bus driver had been warned about his deteriorating standard of driving before he crashed into a supermarket and killed two people, a court has heard.

Birmingham Crown Court was told former Leamington Spa mayor Kailash Chander, now aged 80, pressed down the accelerator instead of the brake.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
How old is this story?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Start a GoFundMe account for them . Ford can get a mil so maybe they can too . By the way , our healthcare system has been crappy for a long time .

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

BS . You and your friends are full of it . sorry

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: angeldoll

BS . You and your friends are full of it . sorry

Less than 200 years old. Medicine was a joke until pretty recently in history. So they make the most amazing advances in human history to relieve pain and suffering and they package and sell it at prices only millionaires can afford, thereby opening the door for the insurance mafia to prance right in and ruin it all.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: underwerks

Yesterday I was thinking about the reasons people don’t support things like universal healthcare and free college. And mostly why it’s the right wing who are against these kinds of things.

Then it hit me. The right wing is historically the party of war and war hawks and building a strong military. What would happen to enlistment in the military if everyone was offered free healthcare and college? Healthcare and money for college is why most people join the military today, so giving that to everyone would seriously hurt enlistment.

I’m not saying this is the main reason for their hatred of healthcare and free college, just that it’s an important piece of the puzzle that I haven’t seen talked about.

If you want those free things, join the military. See how that works?

But then they would be required to work.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
A book by Steve Brill, the creator of court TV, called TAILSPIN explains a lot of the problems in America.

Tailspin: The People and Forces Behind America's Fifty-Year Fall--and Those Fighting to Reverse It www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538631649&sr=8-1&keywords=book+tailspin

He defines the Tailspin as a creation of the protected class, the powerful elite wealthy who don’t need government but controls it through their power merely to keep the politicians off their back by bribes and threats.

Therefore the medical industry, Insurance industry, and many others basically own the political class to the detriment of the unprotected class, that’s us.

Therefore things like fixing the US crumbling infrastructure, fixing health care, the environment, military issues aren’t getting fixed because of this.

We have a sinister meritocracy that has the protected super wealthy class drowning the country, literally buying politicians to save their private moats from public responsibility and scrutiny

It turns out that the protected class has 20 Lobbyists for every elected official in the Congress!

They're paid and bribed not to do anything constructive

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
good on him

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Rather than bitch and moan get Democrats to work with Trump to dismantle and remove Obamacare and replace it with a single payer Trump-care insurance system that keeps healthcare itself private.

Win-win.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Rather than bitch and moan get Democrats to work with Trump to dismantle and remove Obamacare and replace it with a single payer Trump-care insurance system that keeps healthcare itself private.

Win-win.

Isn't the understanding that privatized health insurance is one of the pillars of error that have brought us to this point though? Insurance companies add an excessive cost layer that doesn't provide any value. If Trump wanted to keep it private it would probably be easier to keep Obamacare and just rename it Trumpcare since its overwhelmingly the name conservatives despise.
edit on 40am18famThu, 04 Oct 2018 10:09:28 -0500America/ChicagoThu, 04 Oct 2018 10:09:28 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I just told you what to do, all I hear are excuses why you won't work towards it.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I just told you what to do, all I hear are excuses why you won't work towards it.

I'm pretty sure the only thing you actually did was turn up your SNARK meter to 11 and disregard what was said in my post. It contains my thoughts on why your recommendations wouldn't change that much.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Actually it's exactly what is recommended to have a huge impact and is what is being asked for. Keep up with the excuses.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Actually it's exactly what is recommended to have a huge impact and is what is being asked for. Keep up with the excuses.

Your de-facto approach is to reply flippantly to conversation/debate on the topic. All you're really showing is your inability to articulate yourself (which isn't surprising given the nature of your responses or your general manner here on this forum). If the best debate game you've got is 'nope, you wrong, me bigly right!', then whats the point even engaging anyone unless you're just a troll?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Sorry if it hurts your feelings to point out you are just interested in complaining and not interested in doing anything about the problem.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Sorry if it hurts your feelings to point out you are just interested in complaining and not interested in doing anything about the problem.

Well I appreciate that you admitted you're sorry, but don't worry my feelings aren't hurt at all. I'm actually here to chat about what I think would work to fix things (you know, like a reasonable person does before just going out an 'FIXING THINGS').

Still doesn't answer what the heck you're doing here......

No part of keeping health insurance private/for profit is going to ameliorate the condition we're in. We need to entirely eliminate the profit driven aspect of this system as it is incompatible with the moral code we strive for as US citizens. When more money can be made letting people die then helping save their lives there is something morally and ethically repugnant at root in that thought process that must be purged. Just suggesting in an asinine fashion that we move to a private single payer 'Trumpcare' system belies a critical lack of understanding or even reasonable judgement about what is involved in fixing the system. As I said before, you're acting like a troll, and reinforcing it with every reply because you're not adding anything to the discussion, you're only existing here in this thread to waste time and respond with nonsensical and low value replies (most likely because you have nothing of value to say).

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Still doesn't answer what the heck you're doing here......

Pointing you on the path if you are interested in doing more than just complain. You apparently aren't.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
As far as I knew, the elderly got medicade/medicare for free if they had no money.

Not as far as I know. My grandmother was broke AF in her "golden" years & on several government help programs for seniors, and still had to shell out for it. Hundred bucks a month for Medicare, then whatever the cost for the Part B was that she also had on top of that.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Their republicans

So their view is anti-human

I think you’re confused. We’re the ones that believe innocent until proven guilty.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join