It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavenaugh is the embodiment of elite white male privildge IMHO & prepschool mentality

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Seems to me at this site sometimes hate is good, sometimes it is not.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It's not about hate; it's about being honest about it.

This person says they think Kavanaugh did it because they hate white male prep kids because all white male prep kids are like this.

OK, be honest here, OP; you have a strong prejudice against prep kids and that is leading you to be disposed to think Kavanaugh did it, not anything else.

It's no different than people who were prejudiced against black folks and that led them to lynch them from trees.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

white male privilege

there is privilege and perceived white male privilege. If you want to be healthy stop lumping people into groups.

You "resenting" ain't gonna get you to where you want to be.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

You lost me at white male privilege. I was poor with a single mother and educated myself and paid my way through college. Guess what i know some really awesome "white privileged people" Don't paint with just a broad brush people are just people. I really hate identity politics and relating this to BK.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

sounds like every single football jock asshole i went to school with
normal public school

It all makes sense now.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

At the corner of my eye I always see your profile picture as Nathan Explosion from Metalocalypse for some reason... lol

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

sounds like every single football jock asshole i went to school with
normal public school

I hung out with a lot of geeks, and you wouldn't believe the convos we used to have. They made the vulgar implications of Devil's Triangle the drinking game and bouffing look tame by comparison.

Let's just say that "This one time, at band camp ..." from "American Pie" really wasn't all that far off.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

This is one of the biggest problems with modern society. Most stereotypes are there because they aren't bulls hit.

Even when they are, people should not be expected to accept what some pc dip wad is telling them over they're own experience even if that experience is limited.

It's asinine to expect that people ever would.

The real goal should be to aid in changing the stereotypes or gaining the correct experience for people.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

cool

does not change the fact of what i said

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

cool

I didn't say it did, but I'm saying assholism isn't confined to "football jocks" alone.

Because of the amount of activities I did in high school, I was in a lot of social strata. I hung with jocks, geeks, band kids, nerds, theatre dorks, etc. Most all of them were like this.

Maybe ... we ought to just say that it's a high school kid thing.
edit on 30-9-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not really relevant to anything unless you are the type that just groups certain people into a nice little box so you can label them... 

Like you and liberals/leftists/progressives? You're one of the worst offenders around so don't mind me thinking this statement is a "little" ironic.

That's ok, we all know you affect a fence sitter position despite letting your true colors show from time to time.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

cool

I didn't say it did, but I'm saying assholism isn't confined to "football jocks" alone.

Because of the amount of activities I did in high school, I was in a lot of social strata. I hung with jocks, geeks, band kids, nerds, theatre dorks, etc. Most all of them were like this.

i hung out with wrestlers and burners

we did not behave like this or treat women #ty so i dont know

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

IMO, elite white male privilege is simply a contrived byproduct of the actual privilege that exists in our world, that being the privilege that exists where bloodlines and elites are involved and how their conduct gets a free pass whereas ours lands us in prison.

Because these elites and bloodlines have control of the vast majority of what you read, see and hear, they also control the narrative if you so wish to buy into it. The narrative constantly swings between racism, fascism, political intolerance, man vs woman, gay vs straight, black vs white, religion vs religion, war vs economic strategy, and its designed that way so as to keep your eye off the target and away from the control mechanism.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

cool

i hung out with wrestlers and burners

we did not behave like this or treat women #ty so i dont know

Being a girl, I didn't get treated crappy, but the lingo was there. I can talk dirty with the best of them.

But I think it's a stretch to say that what you're talking about is all football behavior, too.

Just like I think we'd be remiss in this discussion if we left out talking about the female version of assholism -- you know the ones I'm talking about. They aren't always necessarily the cheerleaders, but they are as Austin Powers said "like the village bicycle - everyone's had a ride."

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hey look! A blatant racist op!

Thank you for enlightening us with your feelings on judging people based on gender and race!

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Maybe he was at 15. He's not 15 now.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Baha.. just like a lot of people who dont associate with liking Republican values and Donald Trump are delusional, triggered leftist. Hilarious.
This whole kavenaugh thing is killing me, it's gone from a sexual allegations hearing into people taking sides, and outright denying a rape victim.

OP is explaining that kavenaugh is the prime example of rich white man privilege being ripped apart and torn out of a persona hands. Whether he's innocent or not this happens all the time, but in this instance it's someone who had their life soon ded to them off a silver platter with a silver spoon. Boo hoo.
Kavenaugh also made the mistake of losing his temper and bringing partisan politics into it all.

edit on 30-9-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You criticize people taking sides but in the very next comment say she is a rape victim

Did you mean to say alleged sexual assault victim?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Not taking sides but I also dont discredit rape so easily. There hasnt even been a formal investigation. And from what I have seen so far. She's got a pretty solid case. All he's done is just sit there and lose his cool and deny. And he's supposed to be a judge?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Grambler

Not taking sides but I also dont discredit rape so easily. There hasnt even been a formal investigation. And from what I have seen so far. She's got a pretty solid case. All he's done is just sit there and lose his cool and deny. And he's supposed to be a judge?

Yes so you are leaning one way without any evidence, so who are you to criticize others?

In fact you are discussing rape which even she did not allege, which further diminishes your claim of kit taking sides

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join