It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl, 10, forces Kellogg's to change 'sexist' wording on boxes of Coco Pops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree
Argue the idea or concept, not the reasons why someone holds the idea.
In a similar vein why are you so emotionally affected by people viewing the mum thing as sexist?
You seem more affected than anyone in this thread lol

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You're a drama queen
I never got the impression TST was offended..where you pick that up?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
'approved by parents'... pffff

What about me.. I feel left out..

Could it not say approved by everyone

I guess not.. because not everyone wants to "approved" it

They should just write "food" on it

But then again.. some would argue its not
edit on 13-9-2018 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
It's not about the change. No one cares that they changed. It's about the motive and sensitivities behind it. If you are SO sensitive that "approved by moms" hurts or offends you.... you've got a lot to learn about life.

It's not offensive nor sexist. You're just a baby.

A2D

Well, she is only ten years old.
It bothers you so much that a kid may have an opinion that reflects their age and experience? And has parents that encourage her to find/use her voice?
"A ten year old wouldn't have an opinion, must be the SJW parents forcing it on her... That's it, the world is ending!"(yes this is exactly how it sounds to the non deranged, non partisan members here. Not a " leftist" either, although you'd be surprised how much y'all sound exactly alike).
You guys seriously need to wind the outrage dial way back, maybe even to "occasional".
*My first and last time posting on one of these endless world in crisis threads, only so much senseless/meaningless division I can take....
edit on 13-9-2018 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

They were great until they added marshmallows and ruined them!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: TinySickTears

Let me make this simple for you.... if words on a box offend you, you have the thinnest skin ever and should not even be on the internet due to the damage that could be imposed upon your fragile little heart.

A2D

I don't get offended by anything so save it.

My point was you said nobody cares.
My point was some do so what's your problem?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
i can only wonder what will go through little orphan timmys head as the new " improved " cereal boxes are passed around the orphanage dining hall ?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
You're a drama queen
I never got the impression TST was offended..where you pick that up?

Who knows with some people

I don't see how anything I have ever said about anything can come off as me being offended. I'm not that guy

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Why does it have to be coco pops?

Why not white coco pops?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I think I will write a letter to kix just for gigs.

Their slogan is kid tested mother approved.

I will try to force them to change it to kid tested parents approved.

I'll let you know how it goes

If I could star you multiple times i would!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven

I think I will write a letter to kix just for gigs.

Their slogan is kid tested mother approved.

I will try to force them to change it to kid tested parents approved.

I'll let you know how it goes

If I could star you multiple times i would!

And if I could give you a star for your username I would. I dig it

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

Lol yes A2D seems to be emotionally invested in this and apparently speaks for everyone.
As a father who had legal joint parental responsibility I massively agree with the girl, it has been mother biased for too long in this century.

Mother and baby rooms are a good example of it, having to change my child's nappy/daiper in a pissy mens toilet was the classic.
Yes we should challenge these gender stereotypes.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I don't see it either.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
She isn’t wrong, it’s a none issue to me I don’t care either way, it just makes sense from a marketing prospective to change it.

Also their political ideology isn’t stated nor do I think it’s pertinent to the issue.

a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It is pertinent to the issue because the 10 year old has obviously ben hearing and reading things coming from the pc left.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Approved by someone, somewhere.....maybe?

New slogan. Now everyone is happy.

Oh the horrors.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
ok, I'm going to try get round to replying to posts! I didn't think the thread would take off as quick as it has

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Melen
Seriously, screw all you people with the "lefties" bull#. That's all you barely intelligent people can come up with these days. You literally turn everything into a left/right issue. That says more about you than this kid. I must be missing in this article where it states the parents are "lefties". Oh, right, it's not there. You're just making # up, like most of you "righties" do.

Incidentally, this "leftie" thinks this whole thing is stupid, but I wouldn't want to mess up your idiotic political narrative, now would I?

Ok... I upset your feelings... I may be wrong but who do you think has been reading her stories and teaching her things about 'sexism' and what to look out for on... cereal boxes? ha ha.

I'm not too right... btw... I just want to have an opinion on things without being labelled 'bigot' or 'racist'.

If it helps, I think I can still alter my OP, if I can, I'll delete my 'leftie' comment.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Yes I'm happy because the inference is no longer that mothers have some special status deciding what kids eat.
Parents have equal status, that is a good thing.

EDIT
Approved by dad's would be shot down in a heartbeat as should approved by mum's.
edit on 13-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

She thought it was unfair because 'dads can make breakfast too' and it might be 'upsetting for people who don't have a mum'.

I would have thought it would be reassuring for people who don't have a mum to know 'dads can make breakfast too'.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

This is madness.

They changed their slogan.
Omg. How will we continue on

Here is some news for you. Things change. Companies change slogans and logos and color schemes.

Why does it bother you so much?

Is it a bad thing they changed it?

I'm not the only one this bothers. If you check the link, you can read hundreds of comments!

It's not that it bothers me anyway so much, it's just that these tiny little things to find to moan about are being taught to 10 year olds.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join