It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulling the race card when nobody has been racist

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Popped into a grocery store with my workmate today and while choosing what to buy heard a guy start shouting at the two girls running the place:

"What do you mean I'm scaring you? This is how I speak"
"You seem aggressive and there is no need to swear at us, we don't set the prices"
"You talk like you do and I talk like I do, you're just giving me # because I'm black"
"No I'm not and I don't deserve your anger because we've done nothing to you"

[insert a rant] You white supremacists, #ing racist bastards etc [/rant] ...My mate and I start listening closer and approach the till/checkout with our stuff so I had an excuse to 'interupt' to get served.

(Me, calm social worker voice) "Mate, you are frightening the girls, I know there's a problem but it isn't their fault, they don't set the prices, and I'd feel scared if I was them"
"This is my #ing shop and they are screwing us over"
(Me, same calm friendly voice) "No it's not your shop, same as it's not my shop either, come on fella, you don't need to be angry and swearing, they've done nothing to you, be chilled"

[insert an exchange of rant and calmness while I noticed another male customer nod to me from stood behind angry bloke]
This continued for some minutes and I got him out of the shop but unfortunately for him, being a city centre I was working in, cops arrived at the same time. Ultimately he got arrested still ranting about racism but when the cops viewed and listened to the CCTV they nicked him for threatening behaviour.
Me, my mate, and the other decent male customer agreed to be witnesses if needed but the cop just thanked us and said they had enough from CCTV so we probably wouldn't be asked, they'd lock him up for the night and kick him to the magistrates court in the morning.

There are probably many aspects and social issues to discuss in this thread so please do explore them if it interests you, the way the situation was handled by me with strangers and just knowing what we were each doing even though we'd never worked crowd control together before.
The crazy jump to black oppression and white supremacist accusations by the angry man because of the shouty way he was speaking.
It shocked me, just blatant lies about racism when the two white girls were speaking respectfully and professionally while afraid of him.
I was working in a university city today so most store workers are students, the two today were professional as you could get and speaking to him in textbook manner.

The blatant cry of imaginary racism actually shocked me today, the guy was an angry prick, not an angry black prick, just an angry prick.
Any related chat, anecdotes, discussion, debate, etc, about this kind of story please do comment. It's Friday night though so I may not get back to you, just throwing a story out to be chewed.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Happened to me at one of my restaurants with a guy who was yelling at the help. Guy accused me of refusing to serve him because he was black. I told him it was because he was an asshole.

edit on 7-9-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Haha yes, that's all I thought as well!
I nearly diffused it all but did laugh with my mate when he kicked off still at the cops and they nicked him.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Had something similar when I was working in a hotel yeeeeeeeeeeears ago. Guy came in absolutely drunk. Could barely stand, let alone walk. Came up, asked for a couple of whiskies. I told him bluntly "I'm sorry, but I can't serve you as you're clearly too drunk". Next thing I know, he's calling me all sorts of names and saying I wouldn't serve him because he was black. Funny thing was, he wasn't black. He wasn't quite white, but you could barely notice a colour.

Some people just need to feel like the victim and the race card seems to be the easiest thing to pull.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Antisemitism, for when the Zionists feel threatened by just criticism

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
Lol

(Angry guy) "It's okay for you, you are white"
(Me) "I'd call myself a more salmon colour to be honest" - [calm social worker voice]
(Both) Momentary look in eyes and see a smile that couldn't be hidden.
...pity the cops turned up, I'd chilled the prick out.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Happened to me at one of my restaurants with a guy who was yelling at the help. Guy accused me of refusing to serve him because he was black. I told him it was because he was an asshole.

I can tolerate the occasional asshole in my Gallery if they are wearing a Rolex. I just offer them a drink of my special tea and they chill out nice.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Roofie Colada?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The more I'm thinking about my angry man today is the more I'm thinking mental health issues.
Still though, such issues are clouded when people shout the race card without reason.
Society is a strange beast for sure.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It is because culturally, the black community teaches that racism is a constant factor in our kid's lives. You have to remember, our parents who lived through actual racism/segregation are still alive. The constant hangwringing too by the media and "leadership" doesn't help as well.

As such, any slight is often perceived as racist even if it isn't. The mere fact that one side of any altercation is white or black automatically defaults to race even if race had nothing to do with said conflict.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Saw it on th Bus the other day.
Muslim woman (she made a point of telling everyone a number of times) shouting abuse. No one was listening so she launched a tirade directed at a white couple because they were non believing Kaffars (ignore spelling. )
Obvious mental issues and looking for attention, calling the race card looking for the rise her random ranting didn't receive.
She got more agitated the less attention she was getting.
She ended up getting off early supposedly for the abuse she had. I.e.no-one listening.
Ok. Any random nutter can kick off but it was the use of the race card that annoyed me.
Gives the Muslims in the street a bad name.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru
I'm now thinking mental issues with matey today, sad really.
Nobody can be that much of a snowflake as angry man today...can they?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

She wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.
Couldn't get a rise with her lack of verbal skills so guess what ...

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Perhaps there is an answer beyond our grasp for such.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe we are all linked in some sort of chain and this guy had a bad day somewhere else and he did not really know why he was upset so he picked the most common go to.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru
Who? The girls working?
Angry guy wouldn't have kicked off with big tatooed bloke who usually works them hours at the shop. The prick picked on the girls and tried the race card.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

And, of course, it's like anti-vaccine fears.

If someone of another race denies you something you feel you should have or you feel, as in this case, the prices have been jacked up to gouge you because the clerks are white, all you see as the person of color is the racial circumstances and the perceived injustice. You never get to experience things from the other point of view -- that of a white person in the same circumstances of high prices and white clerks to realize that maybe this isn't just you being put upon, but it's that way for everyone.

You can't prove or disprove whether the perceived injustice actually exists.

Just like you cannot prove that many people are saved by vaccines because the intent of a vaccine is to prevent disease from ever happening. So all you see are the people who have the bad reactions, not the ones who never got an illness but might have without being vaccinated -- invisible benefit.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well, I wrote something up with over 2,400 words and was going to post it as a reply to this thread, but then I decided against it since I know the second I do I'll be called a you-know-what.
So... I'll keep my reply simple.
I'm white. I used to work a job where I had to interact with large numbers of people every day. Being confronted with anger and accusations of racism from blacks simply for enforcing certain trivial rules on EVERYONE EQUALLY was a routine occurrence for me and my white coworkers.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well the market is wide open for a real set of race cards...

It would be an interesting game to play.

Just gimme 1% royalty

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
i worked for uhaul 2008/2009 on the north side of las vegas i was assulted twice one guy pulled a box cutter on the assistant manager and i heard the race card atleast 3x a day ... i wasent even a damn csr i did hitch and wiring but @6'2 300 lbs i was security when that # started had to start carrying my breaker bar with me everywhere

most commion reasion uhaul was raceist ... they had to pay for gas

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It’s pretty par for the course with many black folks.

Don’t like the white boss man telling you to clean out the trash cans? Just call him a racist.

Don’t like the white manager at the movies coming in there to tell you to get off your phone? Make a scene and call him racist.

I call it the black card. All you need to do to have it is be born with black skin.

Black folks have known for a long time now that When you play the black card, white folks cower in terror, else they be deemed a racist.

I live in the dirty south, I see it all ....the....time.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join