It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible MERS out break on United Arab Emirates Flight EK203 Dubai-NYC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Althogh the CDC has not spelled out Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), the location and departure by multiple muslims visiting Mecca maybe the cause. sEric Phillips, press secretary for New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, states that " a "flu outbreak" in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, and said that might be a possibility, stating, "It appears some of the ill passengers came from Mecca before getting on in Dubai." www.npr.org...
Passenger Erin Sykes twittered, ""worst flight ever," saying on Twitter that the plane "was basically a flying infirmary. Many of these people should never have been allowed to board." The well known rap person Vanilla Ice was also on the plane, and live-tweeted his experiences, posting video of the police and emergency services on the ground. www.thenational.ae...

Mayor DeLazio of New York allowed over 100's of people from the flight to leave the quarantine area. "The aircraft was carrying around 521 passengers... and... officials allowed people to disembark only after checking each one for symptoms." www.npr.org...
We'll see where this goes.
edit on V342018Thursdaypm30America/ChicagoThu, 06 Sep 2018 18:34:01 -05001 by Violater1 because: wretyju

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

What strikes me as odd is that the people presenting with symptoms would of had to be exhibiting before boarding. With recycled air and incubation time ( flu is around 4 days, unsure about MERS) Isnt everyone of the other passengers a potential carrier?

Ok 5 days on average incubation with MERS but anywhere between 2 and 14 days. That is a pretty cavalier attitude not to quarentine imo.
edit on 6-9-2018 by BlueJacket because: Eta

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Mayor of NY needs his butt kicked!
This is how the zombie apocalypse always starts in the movies!

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Could be a plot to spread a disease right before the elections and cause a panic.

🎃🚬

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Mayor of NY needs his butt kicked!
This is how the zombie apocalypse always starts in the movies!

From what I remember, it's how the TV show The Strain starts

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Strange events leading up Sept. 11, 2018.

If you wanted to make a bunch of people sick by Sept. 11, now would be about the right time to start spreading it.

2 flights in 2 days with sick people on them.

Those crazy conspiracy theorists!!!!!
edit on R142018-09-06T21:14:34-05:00k149Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That seems ENTIRELY too short an incubation time for people who didn't raise any red flags getting on the flight to develop such acute symptoms so quickly. If memory serves, 14 hours isn't long enough for flues, but it is for gastrointestinal stuff like food poisoning. If memory serves yet again, I believe cholera has one of the shortest incubation periods at just a couple of hours, but this doesn't seem to fit the passengers' issues.

More likely to have been food poisoning than a flu, I'm more than a little surprised they went with the flu cover for this one, it just doesn't seem to fit given the flight time.

Edit: I admit I'm no pro, but this stinks to high hell and I'm not buying what they're selling.
edit on 9/6/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
From The CDC web site:
www.cdc.gov...

"Most people confirmed to have MERS-CoV infection have had severe acute respiratory illness with symptoms of:

fever
cough
shortness of breath

Some people also had gastrointestinal symptoms including diarrhea and nausea/vomiting. For many people with MERS, more severe complications followed, such as pneumonia and kidney failure. About 3 to 4 out of every 10 people reported with MERS have died. Most of the people who died had an underlying medical condition. Some infected people had mild symptoms (such as cold-like symptoms) or no symptoms at all; they recovered.

Based on what researchers know so far, people with pre-existing medical conditions (also called comorbidities) may be more likely to become infected with MERS-CoV, or have a severe case. Pre-existing conditions from reported cases for which we have information have included diabetes; cancer; and chronic lung, heart, and kidney disease. Individuals with weakened immune systems are also at higher risk for getting MERS or having a severe case.

Based on information we have to date, the incubation period for MERS (time between when a person is exposed to MERS-CoV and when they start to have symptoms) is usually about 5 or 6 days, but can range from 2 to 14 days."

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Ok 5 days on average incubation with MERS but anywhere between 2 and 14 days. That is a pretty cavalier attitude not to quarentine imo.

No kidding.

I knew it would be a cluster**** as soon as I saw the CDC showing up, a description of the symptoms, and the response of the authorities. The CDC was reckless when ebola came to the US. I thought (and still think) they were much more careless and untrustworthy than NIH.

I don't trust the CDC to contain anything. Better than absolutely nothing, but just barely. It was obvious, also, that this flight had something worse than, "oh, it's just a cold....maybe the flu" given the response and how the news channels tried to laugh it off.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

"Allowed hundreds to leave the quarantine area"? OMG.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You're right about incubation period....which means they were all sick when got on or it was something like food poisoning. We'll see.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

What was the other flight? Do you have a link? (Or I can google.)

Never mind, I think I found it. Flights from Paris and Munich.

edit on 7-9-2018 by drussell41 because: sentence added

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Would we know if something has broken out in Saudi Arabi or Dubai?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What pisses me off is the fact they took the crew off nearly immediately in ambulances, but made the rest of the passengers stay in quarantine on the plane for hours!

What, the crew is more important than the rest of the passengers???

That's BS!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41
Would we know if something has broken out in Saudi Arabi or Dubai?

Generally our US Embassy would find out and send a secure message.
"Generally."

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

There's a flu outbreak in Mecca, where the aircraft stopped. They may have picked up already sick passengers who didn't get really sick until in flight.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
True, but I mean, "we" as in "we, the people". RSOE-EDIS?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There's a flu outbreak in Mecca, where the aircraft stopped. They may have picked up already sick passengers who didn't get really sick until in flight.

Where did you find this? When I checked RSOE-EDIS and WHO yesterday, there was nothing. Do you know the strain(s)?

edit on 8-9-2018 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

No, I just happened to see it mentioned somewhere without any kind of details.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yeah, just found an article that said it was "an especially virulent Type A". FWIW, Rice University predicted that this year's vaccine won't be any more effective than last year's.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

edit on 8-9-2018 by drussell41 because: link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join