It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experience talking to a Syrian refugee yesterday

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Syria is one of the best-educated and most diverse and liberal countries in the Middle East. Assad gets a bad rap but he's a doctor with an American wife who is very good to his people. Syria is a stumbling block to the greater Israel project which is why they have been under the gun. ISIS is nothing but CIA thugs brought in from all over, there was no "free Syrian army", no civil war going on, just outside agitation trying to topple a moderate regime.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

looks like California

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It seems like something more nefarious has been happening, hard to ignore.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thanks for that recitation of how we got here.

Hard to remember the 90s. It was all Hoo Ra and yeah We are Americans. We didn't see the faces. We didn't know the truth. We didn't see the big picture. And now we know-or some of us know.

It is good to try to remember. Remember that here, now, we sit and we think we know but we don't. The game is being played out and we can't see all the pieces and the faces. This immigration issue is so much larger than it appears. It's bigger than the politicians and the cable newspeople.

If we could only see all the players and the motives and the faces we might not be quite such a divided nation.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

PS. Its Farsi and usually spoken by people of Persian decent

PS its "descent"....

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
We need to remember that War is a product, to be staffed, manufactured, and exported.

As with everything...."follow the money"

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: grey580

I purposely kept religion out of the conversation. I know from people that Christian's in Iraq and other parts of the ME were under persecution for the last few decades at least specific cultural backgrounds and ethnic groups.

When I was in highschool back from 2001 - 05, there was a few Christian Iraqi students who started a year after me. They were bumped up a grade because their education system was higher than what it was in southern Ontario, smart kids. I became friends with one, and even hung out at his families house. Very nice people, even tho they were christian his mom still wore a head scarf, it confused me at the time, but it's just what most women do in the that area of the world.

I also work with two Iraqi men, and a Syrian refugee, all of them are very humble, Syrian guy is very cautious about what he says. I should ask him more questions about himself to be honest, but he works as a maintenance guy, a millwright.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

sad but true.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Hey man, good thread! Not what I was expecting and I'm glad I was wrong!

I hear Syria was a very modern part of the Middle East but those damn terrorists always on the heels of western invasion ruin everything! Just look at Libya and that's just one example out of the many!

It's no secret in the conspiracy world that the US and her allies, aka corrupt politicians and wealthy donors want the Middle East completely unstable and have had a plan on how to do it all laid out years prior and it's still on going. Once Syria completely bottoms out, or not, the damage was sufficiently caused and the West/ISIS (or w/e the hell they call themselves then) will move on to another nation and begin again.

Now, I wish Trump would follow through with his anti war/military occupation of the Middle East and pull us out already! But there seems to be no signs of that happening any time soon.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
The Brits have been drilling Somali oil since 2012.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is how we could heal our sick world.

Pull up a chair and talk to someone different than you.

You will learn how alike we are...

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
ISIS didn’t come out of nowhere. They got a lot of help from Obama, Hillary, CIA and McCain.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Look up Alan kurdy Everytime I read that story and see that picture I cry looked at it earlier still tears to this day and that was from 2015. It may be that my son is his same age but the heart wrenching picture and story just hit me in all the wrong places like this should never have happened. Especially to the innocent victims of it all which there are many.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

There's a huge difference between Syrian refugee's and many of the migrants coming from other parts of the world.

Because you got to know them and now see them as human and not just as migrants.

If you get to know people from all the groups of immigrants and refugees you will see that they are not as different as you think.

Any steps even baby steps are a good thing. S&F

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Thank you for posting this. It is so hard to dig through all the noise so if you can find a personal story it is nice.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

There is always conflict in the middle east. Every action carried out there appears to result in more turmoil.
Sufferance and death that all is about.
ISIS is just a cult created by another bigger cult.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Meh, one guy you met from Syria, hardly a peer reviewed study lol
Your interaction means as much as me sharing stories from the guys in the Kurdish store down the road from me, basically nothing aside from anecdotal tales.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Justso

yeah something I've learned that is the ME is not just like 1 area with 1 group of people it's very diverse and actually most Middle Eastern people are very friendly and hospitable.

No way really? I never thought people actually believed they were all the same.

PS. Its Farsi and usually spoken by people of Persian decent

Is that worse than full of # , usually spoken by #tards....?
edit on 1-9-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

So would it be safe to say that an actual Syrian refugee and one who was in Syria as a refugee then left Syria as a "Syrian" refugee are not at all the same thing?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join