It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter, 94, lives in the same $167,000 two-bedroom ranch house he built before his presidency

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Jimmy Carter also ranks as having the highest I.Q. of any known president. He was a nuclear physicist.

Well that figures why he was a failure.

💥🤪💥

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Jimmy Carter also ranks as having the highest I.Q. of any known president. He was a nuclear physicist.

Does that mean we have unknown presidents?

🔑🔓

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

How soon we forget. He was NOT a "nuclear physicist." He attended the US Navy's nuclear power school to qualify for being an officer aboard nuclear submarines. At best he could be called a "nuclear engineer," but even that is stretching it. Nuke school is 24 weeks long. Officers get a bit more math than enlisted sailors, but it is otherwise the same course. You can get college credit for this course, but it is nowhere near enough for a degree. He was roundly criticized for calling himself a "nuclear physicist" at the time, but some pundits allowed that given his humble Georgia country peanut farm roots that his Mama probably thought so.

And Carter did NOT have the highest IQ, though he was smart at 153. Clinton's IQ is listed at 155 and John Quincy Adams at 165. Most every President has had an IQ at least two standard deviations above the mean, which means they are smarter than appx 97% of the population. US Grant was rated the lowest at 120, which is right up there. There have been a lot of hoaxes over the years, including one calling George Bush's IQ 91. And, of course, there is always a contingent of people who believe such a measurement is meaningless. So both your contentions are simply not true by any measure.
edit on 8/20/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

He only holds a general Bachelor of Science degree, so in many states he would violate the Professional Board of Registration laws prohibiting anyone who doesn't hold a Professional Engineer's license from even claiming to be an "engineer." I do not know Georgia's laws, but I do know in Alaska, New Mexico, Arizona, and WA, it would be illegal and subject him to a hefty fine and potential jail time if he'd used the claim for monetary or employment gain.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
And, of course, there is always a contingent of people who believe such a measurement is meaningless.

I sit here, personally. I know what I scored on my SATs, ACT, and on a couple of IQ tests I took over the years and can affirm it's largely meaningless.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: pavil

He worked for them. He didn't found the Habitat for Humanity program.
did not know that

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He only holds a general Bachelor of Science degree, so in many states he would violate the Professional Board of Registration laws prohibiting anyone who doesn't hold a Professional Engineer's license from even claiming to be an "engineer." I do not know Georgia's laws, but I do know in Alaska, New Mexico, Arizona, and WA, it would be illegal and subject him to a hefty fine and potential jail time if he'd used the claim for monetary or employment gain.

I am familiar. I have a CNE, which stands for "Certified Novell Engineer," a now defunct network operating system that was pervasive way back when. At one point Novell had to stop spelling out the acronym for just that reason, however, a court case reversed that and their diplomas went back to the full spelling. The CNE represented about a quarter's worth of classroom work, about 15 quarter credits, which is, of course, nowhere near any sort of degree. Not that the tests weren't difficult; they were, but the CNE is nowhere near a real degree. The "Professional Engineer's License" in WA is simply the state's bureaucratic way to acknowledge you have a degree from a recognized engineering school. Show them you have the degree, pay your money, and they send you a license. The state does that a lot. I have one for Librarianship. Cost me $5.00.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I am a Civil PE, and had a WA license at one point, so yes. That said, there is also the PE exam requirements and continuing education mandates at play. It's a little more complicated than just a degree and fee.
edit on 20-8-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Some Jimmy Carter achievments:

SALT II nuclear weapons reductions, the Camp David Accords ending the Egypt-Israel conflict, removal of U.S. nuclear weapons from Korea. On the economy he had Nixon's price controls causing oil and gas shortages, inflation caused by ending the gold standard and an easy Fed. Carter was also known as the Great Deregulator, deregulating oil, trucking, railroads, airlines and beer. He also didn't enter the US into any wars. he did have a couple foreign bugaboos as well.

You know, if you look at it in reality, he wasn't much different than Trump except for the mild mannered gentleman part.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We actually just helped on a Habitat for Humanity project in our own town just two weeks ago. It is a very good program he founded.

Jimmy Carter founded Habitat for Humanity ?
Source , please.
Dont bother , you will not find one
Millard and Linda Fuller

Habitat

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Meh. I guess it depends on what you sourced.

In any event, we don't have to wonder who has the lowest, do we?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

edit on 8/20/18 by Gothmog because: NVM I am just going to let folks believe in a fairy tale story

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Meh. I guess it depends on what you sourced.

In any event, we don't have to wonder who has the lowest, do we?

Not liking someone or not liking his policies does not equate to a lower IQ. It's like calling someone racist. It has no merit.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes. 82 was when my son was born. And Regan was president. Lol.

no presidential election in 82

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Government officials must not have lavish lifestyles or out to impress anyone. We lived across the street from George Wallace who lived in a regular 2000 SF 3 bedroom house in a typical neighborhood in Montgomery Alabama. This was after his his term. I went to school with his sons, and remember Gov Wallace being shot that day.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I am familiar. I have a CNE, which stands for "Certified Novell Engineer," a now defunct network operating system that was pervasive way back when. At one point Novell had to stop spelling out the acronym for just that reason, however, a court case reversed that and their diplomas went back to the full spelling. The CNE represented about a quarter's worth of classroom work, about 15 quarter credits, which is, of course, nowhere near any sort of degree. Not that the tests weren't difficult; they were, but the CNE is nowhere near a real degree. The "Professional Engineer's License" in WA is simply the state's bureaucratic way to acknowledge you have a degree from a recognized engineering school. Show them you have the degree, pay your money, and they send you a license. The state does that a lot. I have one for Librarianship. Cost me $5.00.

Yestaday, I coldn't even spel ingerneer.

Now I are wun!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I've already acknowledged that above. Didn't look it up. It's not really relavant to the discussion.

Most Americans would associate HFH with Jimmy Carter if you asked them. I dare say many would say he founded if asked. Does that error of mine really upset you that much?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Gothmog

I've already acknowledged that above. Didn't look it up. It's not really relavant to the discussion.

Most Americans would associate HFH with Jimmy Carter if you asked them. I dare say many would say he founded if asked. Does that error of mine really upset you that much?

Yes , yes it does.
I guess old Jimmy appreciates it though . He needs all the help with his image he can get .

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Jimmy Carter was NOT a "Nuclear Physicist"!...not by a long shot! This is just a common media myth and a case of resume inflation by many. Total BS!

Carter graduated from the US Naval Academy in 1946 with a (general) Bachelor of Science degree. His education at the time had nothing to do with nuclear science, and certainly not nuclear "physics"! At the time of his graduation the Naval Academy didn't not have any designated degree programs. He didn't start any nuclear training until 1953 (at Union College) as a lieutenant in the Navy. Seven months later he left the Navy to care for the family farm following the death of his father in GA. Nobody (and I mean nobody) is going to earn a Masters in Nuclear Physics in just 7 months!

Now, I'm not suggesting Carter was a dummy by any stretch, and graduating successfully from the Naval Academy is proof of this. However, he is NOT a "Nuclear Physicist" and never was.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
and that's why he is still going at 94 - living where he loves and doing what he enjoys.

I would never move from where I live as modest as it is, I wouldn't seel it for a hundred times its market value. So I understand why he chooses his ranch.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join