It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth Unemployment Hits 52-Year Low

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The lowest unemployment rate for Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, in like forever while women are enjoying the lowest unemployment of 65 years Which is good news as far as I am concerned however, wait www.wsj.com...
Youth Unemployment Hits 52-Year Low

The unemployment rate among young Americans fell to its lowest level in more than 50 years this summer, though the share of young people looking for work remained well below its peak in 1989.

Of Americans between 16 and 24 years old actively looking for work this summer, 9.2% were unemployed in July, the Labor Department said Thursday, a drop from the 9.6% youth unemployment rate in July 2017. It was the lowest midsummer joblessness rate for youth since July 1966.

All of this in just two years of make America great again.. There will be those who will claim it is all because of OBAMA but IMO if that were the case why did we not see numbers like these in his 8 years after his tax cuts for companies and individuals ? Because there were none? Just more same same as everything is to hard and big to do not to mention that was not the plan for the NWO.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

...the share of young people looking for work remained well below its peak in 1989.

Why aren't our kids looking for work? I don't get it.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
When you force people to work with a positive attitude from its leader of its country, that is what you are seeing. I was 8 years and had my own lemonade stand. It all comes down to the basics, get out an work for a living.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Honestly and IMO I put only the blame on parents and the way kids are raised today. Not all are to blame don't get me wrong there are great parents everywhere but when you do not get on your kids to do chores and all they want to do is play video games all day then what do you expect? What kind of skill sets will you see? We have young kids come in that can't put in or take out a drill bit because they don't know how, heck we had one kid not even know how to mop a floor!

I blame nobody but society and the parents.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Have they revoked the child labor laws yet?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

So true. Gosh....

Kid: What? You want me to mop the floor? For how many cookies?

Parent: Just mop the damned floor. Some day you'll thank me...No cookies for you!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

Honestly and IMO I put only the blame on parents and the way kids are raised today. Not all are to blame don't get me wrong there are great parents everywhere but when you do not get on your kids to do chores and all they want to do is play video games all day then what do you expect? What kind of skill sets will you see? We have young kids come in that can't put in or take out a drill bit because they don't know how, heck we had one kid not even know how to mop a floor!

so u had one kid that probly laughed at you

every time someone asked me if i knew how to mop a floor i always saied nope and watched there dumbass mop a floor

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Yeah, because we have no patience for stupid, so we'll just do it ourselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I was 8 years and had my own lemonade stand.

That's it? Just one job at 8?

I was delivering papers, walking dogs (sometimes I returned them), boosting cars for the local chop shop, selling fireworks and putting on inappropriate puppet shows.

(some of those are actually true)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
10 started delivering papers and made like $15 a week then at 14 started working in a restaurant because it was always nice inside and it had a lot of waitresses that would take care of me in their special way. Should have never quit that job but at 19 went to work for GM and started college and real money!!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
So what's the big deal?

My daughter is a sophomore that participates in three sports and still has homework.
When the hell would she be able to get a job?
Especially when she has a social life.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

every time someone asked me if i knew how to mop a floor i always saied nope and watched there dumbass mop a floor

Somehow I can believe that
(spelling and grammar were my clues)

edit on 8/17/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CanadianMason

Yeah, because we have no patience for stupid, so we'll just do it ourselves.

idk who we is but if ur one of my past bosses its really funny to see a suit n tie mop a floor

n i bet after this you will never ask such a stupid question again

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

"We" = people who get # done, whether "we" like it or not. There's a saying in the Canadian Military: 'Don't 'gotta like it, just 'gotta do it.' Maybe you should consider joining your military, boy. You might learn something, like how to formulate a proper sentence, for one and, second, how to tell the difference between a statement and a f**king question because, I didn't ask you a question. Wipe the snot off your nose! Pick up a mop and do something useful, lad!

edit on 17-8-2018 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I would have fired you on the spot, then shamed you for being so dumb.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

aka, thanks 0bama

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason

u seem mad ... how many people have tricked you into moping floors im guessing alot

and u really assume i was refering to what u saied and not the question the entire post was about ... i see how u where so esaly tricked into beliving theres a human on earth who cant use a mop

oh and maby lighten up on the english thing it seems to really cloud ur mind n make u assume thing u dont know like my age u think u know or if i served another thing u dont know or that i dont have a usefull occupation also u dont know

infact all u know is my handle i spell bad and that i had alot of fun messing with my bosses

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

I would have fired you on the spot, then shamed you for being so dumb.

so why would u hire someone u thought was so dumb u had to ask if they could mop floors

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

"Someone" probably lied during the interview.

Plus, it can be easily assumed that most functioning human being of legal working age can mop a floor. I mean, if you don't even have THAT semi-marketable skill, what do you have to offer an employer? (that's rhetorical, not a jab at you, per se)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

"Someone" probably lied during the interview.

Plus, it can be easily assumed that most functioning human being of legal working age can mop a floor. I mean, if you don't even have THAT semi-marketable skill, what do you have to offer an employer? (that's rhetorical, not a jab at you, per se)

exactly my point why would that even get asked its indirectally calling them stupid

if you are one of the people who cant i doubt your applying for a job as that would need many simular skills like bathing dressing finding your way to your place of employment i doubt someone who cant figure out the complexity of a mop would have any hope of doing

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join