It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Cities Hit By Protests For Fifth Day As First Death Reported... Iranian Civil War Phase 1

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Iranians have been protesting the Iranian leadership well before these sanctions were reinstated by Trump. Discontent by the people of Iran has been brewing for awhile. I think the reinstatement of sanctions by Trump could be the catalyst that could over-throw their leadership.

The people need to overthrow their own government in order to have lasting stability and peace. I'll give credit to Trump for this one, but I'm really surprised the U.S. didn't take advantage of the discontent of the Iranian people years ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

The people need to overthrow their own government in order to have lasting stability and peace. I'll give credit to Trump for this one, but I'm really surprised the U.S. didn't take advantage of the discontent of the Iranian people years ago.

Makes you wonder why the Obama Admin didn't help.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I'm not sure I'm understanding your use of the word 'theory' correctly when describing the invasion plans that were laid out by General Wesley Clark on the Democracy Today show.
It's sounds like you're trying to imply that the notion came from nowhere and that nobody actually laid out that very plan.
I must be misreading, because surely you've seen the video.
Maybe you're meaning that it's just his 'theory'.
In other words, you're saying that General Wesley Clark is a liar.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Riots?

I thought they were too busy typing up threatening tweets and being instagram hard, you mean the people dont wanna do the dumb # ol' cleric pants signed them up for, eh, who wouldve figured?

All dickishness aside;

I hope they overthrow those psychopathic religions zealots in control

Power to the people.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It doesn't mean the Trump administration recognized the Iranian people's discontent either. Trump's reinstatement of sanctions after pulling out of the nuclear deal could have easily been an unexpected catalyst to fuel the discontent of the Iranian people. Time will tell if these sanctions creates a positive affect for the Iranian people.

It's just too bad innocent civilians are the ones who take on the hardships due to sanctions before changes take place.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Sounds to me they are up in arms because the Iranian govt is not going to go to war against the US.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
wait... so you folks support "Revolution" "Protests" "riots" etc for other countries... but everyone in so-called 'America' are terrorists, paid shills etc etc

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
wait... so you folks support "Revolution" "Protests" "riots" etc for other countries... but everyone in so-called 'America' are terrorists, paid shills etc etc

That's how it works when you are a clueless follower. It's comical to watch though, sad but still comical.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Never expect people to apply the same morals and principles to themselves that they judge others by!

Not directed at anyone in particular, just something I've noticed to be pretty much consistent over the years.
As long as I bear this in mind nothing much tends to surprise me.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: TheJesuit

Sounds to me they are up in arms because the Iranian govt is not going to go to war against the US.

If you are to believe reports, they are mad that their government is giving treasure and blood in other countries when they feel their own citizens need more help. They are chanting in some spots Death to Khamenei, the Supreme Leader. Make of that what you will.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sageturkey
a reply to: face23785

I'm not sure I'm understanding your use of the word 'theory' correctly when describing the invasion plans that were laid out by General Wesley Clark on the Democracy Today show.
It's sounds like you're trying to imply that the notion came from nowhere and that nobody actually laid out that very plan.
I must be misreading, because surely you've seen the video.
Maybe you're meaning that it's just his 'theory'.
In other words, you're saying that General Wesley Clark is a liar.

I'm well aware what he said. Where theory comes in is people interpreting what he said as evidence we have some master plan to take over those 7 countries. Obviously, wherever he got the notion that we were going to "take out" those 7 countries within the next 5 years, he was incorrect.

I don't get how people are still clinging to an obviously incorrect statement from one general that was proven wrong 10 years ago. He may not be a liar, but he was definitely wrong.

"Plans exist" is a giant nothingburger. We've got plans to invade England if it became necessary. I have a plan on how I'm getting out of my house in case of fire. That doesn't mean it's going to happen.
edit on 7 8 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Let them go at it. It will happen in its time. I just hope the west stays out of it. We've seen what happens when we arm factions inside another country.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I just hope the west stays out of it.

And there's me, always thought you were one the most insightful, piss wise people on ATS.

Where's the rolling on the floor, absolutely pissing myself stupid laughing emoji at?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Where's the rolling on the floor, absolutely pissing myself stupid laughing emoji at?

I leave those for topics that deserve them. This is serious. We're still reaping what we've sown in other countries over there. They ALWAYS come back to bite us in the ass.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah I know....but our governments are like the little kid who see's the sign saying 'DO NOT PUT YOUR HAND IN HERE'.
And at first he doesn't, but it eats away at the kid, 'Why Not' he says to himself and some imaginary reason flashes into his head, so he doesn't. Seconds later he thinks it again, then again, then again until eventually he says bugger it...and sure as #, something snaps his finger off.

When the kid goes back to school the teachers highlight his misfortune in an effort to prevent anyone else making the same mistake.

Next day, different kid, same process, same result.

That's our governments.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Predictable and pretty much pathetic and it'd be so laughable it didn't come at such a high cost.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I honestly think this is crazy town.

Russia has done so much more to us, a thousand times more, no, a million times more, and yet you have a u.s president giddy and swooning all over himself over it's dictator, and yet will happily push Iran to ruin.

Anybody can see there is something wrong with this picture.
edit on 8/7/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Its revenge for Irans sending of monies to guys in iraq who kille dtroops with IED's and for financing terror groups worldwide.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

You honestly think what's going on in the US is even remotely similar to Iran?

No one here is getting stoned to death. A bunch of people have been throwing a non-stop temper tantrum for 2 years because they lost an election. That's all.

God, to be this naive about the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Your deflecting now by going off topic. Stay on topic. All Iranians are terrorists, and the world needs to address the threat. During civil unrest would be the best opportunity of course.

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Your deflecting now by going off topic. Stay on topic. All Iranians are terrorists, and the world needs to address the threat. During civil unrest would be the best opportunity of course.

Is that sarcasm?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join