It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE-vamping vacant big box store retail locations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

RE: vamping vacant big box store retail locations

Why not say what you really want: Vampire Convention Centers.

Been there, done that here. U know where I live??

Yes.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
the smokers thing.

What the heck are you talking about. I'm completely lost at what you are tying to get at or explain?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

the smokers thing.

What the heck are you talking about. I'm completely lost at what you are tying to get at or explain?

smokers are unsanctioned fights

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

RE: vamping vacant big box store retail locations

Why not say what you really want: Vampire Convention Centers.

Been there, done that here. U know where I live??

Yes.

Yeah that convention center. I remember when some "locals" wanted DMX (the rapper) to perform there about 3 years after it had been completely redone, so it was in "pristine" condition. When the center said "no, too high a security and property risk" we were called racist and a whole other line of things. Did you ever hear about that?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
it sounds crazy and it kind of it but there is money to be made by all.
the fighters. the people running it. the people betting there and online.

the major liability is the issue. thats why they are unsanctioned smokers.

they used to move around. different place each weekend.
there was 1 bar/restaurant called the ringside cafe on 4th st in st pete that used to host unsanctioned fights all the time. i dont know how they got around that but save for that restaurant they were in different spots and there was a LOT of cash flying around.

now you can be in kansas watching and betting on a fight in south carolina.

lotta money

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Sure. Great ideas. But someone owns the land. Someone owns the building. Someone pays for maintenance on those buidlings. And "re-purposing" means "spend lots of money." So who is going to pay for all this?

I'm not asking it for free. I'd expect it to be paid for by the new tenets, or the cost build into the lease. I worked in 2 of the big box buildings (about 3 years total) and I know how they are set up. Some could even be 2 levels IF it was desired. Sure it would cost $ but the way they hand out development $$ around here, I can't see how they couldn't' get it, especially if it was benefiting local business owners as there would be more support for this than you could ever imagine - people are fed up with chain BB stores destroying pristine land.

OK. So how are you going to implement this? Or do you just have lots to say about how other people might want to spend their money? Catch my drift here? You've got a lot to say, but without backing, these are just words. Talking to ATS about it is unlikely to move the idea forward in any meaningful way.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

so a "smoker" is a fight? Like bare knuckle boxing, or MMA, or kick boxing, or whatever the match call for?

This has nothing to do with tobacco or weed (except for those attending using it??)?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

so a "smoker" is a fight? Like bare knuckle boxing, or MMA, or kick boxing, or whatever the match call for?

This has nothing to do with tobacco or weed (except for those attending using it??)?

a smoker is an unsanctioned fight.
nothing to do with anything else.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Sure. Great ideas. But someone owns the land. Someone owns the building. Someone pays for maintenance on those buidlings. And "re-purposing" means "spend lots of money." So who is going to pay for all this?

I'm not asking it for free. I'd expect it to be paid for by the new tenets, or the cost build into the lease. I worked in 2 of the big box buildings (about 3 years total) and I know how they are set up. Some could even be 2 levels IF it was desired. Sure it would cost $ but the way they hand out development $$ around here, I can't see how they couldn't' get it, especially if it was benefiting local business owners as there would be more support for this than you could ever imagine - people are fed up with chain BB stores destroying pristine land.

OK. So how are you going to implement this? Or do you just have lots to say about how other people might want to spend their money? Catch my drift here? You've got a lot to say, but without backing, these are just words. Talking to ATS about it is unlikely to move the idea forward in any meaningful way.

The same way most businesses grow or operate, investors, those who would want a location, possibly grants (I've seen grants for such a wide variety of "redevelopment" that I think this could fall into that catagory) and many others.

Every thread you seem to pick the smallest issue, especially when things are a hypothetical discussion thread, spitballing, etc. You remind me of the guy who said "Email and the internet will never work. who's gonna connect their computer to an online commmunity or email server!? Who's gonna buy a computer just to look at naked pictures? Your an idiot if you think this will work. I'm going back to my fax machine and betamax and minidisc and laserdisc and VCD..."
edit on 7 23 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

a smoker is an unsanctioned fight.
nothing to do with anything else.

Pheeww! Glad I got that cleared up, lol. That is what I thought after reading the first post about it but never heard it call that and have heard of a smoker referred to a number of other things (none fighting related) though.

I would think an old warehouse (like real warehouse, not old BB store) would be best for these, kind of like the same places where they have underground dance parties/raves. Seems like there is about the same amount of "danger" in those two scenes (smoker & raves). Plenty of old warehouses around here for that.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

im with you on the rave thing.

those have become a bit more accepted too.

sometimes medics and people with a little training offer to 'work' them. make sure people are not overheating. passing out water. a lot of times the cops are cool with it too. they know it is going on and what goes on so kind of stay close but dont run in cracking heads.

there is a lot more acceptance these days.

but yeah of course warehouses work.

i would rather the buildings you speak of be used for smokers than just crumble though

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The same way most businesses grow or operate, investors, those who would want a location, possibly grants (I've seen grants for such a wide variety of "redevelopment" that I think this could fall into that catagory) and many others.

Every thread you seem to pick the smallest issue, especially when things are a hypothetical discussion thread, spitballing, etc. You remind me of the guy who said "Email and the internet will never work. who's gonna connect their computer to an online commmunity or email server!? Who's gonna buy a computer just to look at naked pictures? Your an idiot if you think this will work. I'm going back to my fax machine and betamax and minidisc and laserdisc and VCD..."

And you remind me of a guy who has a lot of ideas for how other people should spend their money that are based on your imagination. I have yet to see a constructive way to make this happen. You have absolutely no financial information here. As a community, e.g., government, an investor, or someone with grant money to give out, I would expect to see a concrete business plan that specifically shows how the economics of such an idea would pan out for everyone involved. How much would it cost to take over one of these stores? What are the property taxes? How about zoning? What are the maintenance costs? What about utilities? What market research have you done? How many millions of dollars would it take to "re furbish" one of these places to whatever specs you're thinking of? Are there tenants even available to fill the spaces? Do you have any idea at all how to answer even one of these issues? Because it's not going to happen unless they are all addressed and resolved to the satisfaction of investors. Some sort of flea market is not going to cut it.

Basically you're telling us that because you worked in a couple of places like this (I'm guessing you were not in the management or accounting end of these operations.) and "know how they are laid out" (Hint: It's a big box) that somehow you have some insight on how this would work. Anybody who has money to invest is going to want to see specifics. You're not going to get buy-in on an idea like this unless you can provide that information. But then, you're not really serious or you wouldn't be wasting your time on ATS.
edit on 7/23/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

And you remind me of a guy who has a lot of ideas for how other people should spend their money that are based on your imagination. I have yet to see a constructive way to make this happen. You have absolutely no financial information here. As a community, e.g., government, an investor, or someone with grant money to give out, I would expect to see a concrete business plan that specifically shows how the economics of such an idea would pan out for everyone involved. How much would it cost to take over one of these stores? What are the property taxes? How about zoning? What are the maintenance costs? What about utilities? What market research have you done? How many millions of dollars would it take to "re furbish" one of these places to whatever specs you're thinking of? Are there tenants even available to fill the spaces? Do you have any idea at all how to answer even one of these issues? Because it s not going to happen unless they are all addressed and resolved to the satisfaction of investors. Some sort of flea market is not going it cut it.

Basically you're telling us that because you worked in a couple of places like this (I'm guessing you were not in the management or accounting end of these operations.) and "know how they are laid out" (Hint: It's a big box) that somehow you have some insight on how this would work. Anybody who has money to invest is going to want to see specifics. You're not going to get buy-in on an idea like this unless you can provide that information. But then, you're not really serious or you wouldn't be wasting your time on ATS.

Go back to your fax and betamax, they have more potential than anything you've ever put forth on the board. Never seen any ideas flow from your thread, just nay-saying on eveyone's ideas.

I didnt know you were the finance dept at the bank that would make or break this idea. Had I know that I would have brought a business plan, instead of using the forum for DISCUSSION which is what it is meant for. I can't think of one thread where anyone laid out a business plan for any idea on here, but prove me wrong and that you aren't just a wet blanket.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Right here in Albuquerque, we have a Old JC Penny's that is now an indoor antiques mall. In fact, we have a buttload of them.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

One of the local big malls by me was just in a news article. They pay over 2 Million in property taxes a year.

I don't see options talked about here being able to foot such a tax bill.

The Internet is the Iceberg that will slowly sink most of the big brick and mortar stores.

It's the new reality along with automation. We need to adapt.

Soon Amazon will be able to drone ship something to your porch you clicked on your phone an hour ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join