It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Thought of a Way to Build a Time Machine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
Get your butt to the North Pole....Stand up straight with your arms out and whirly dervish. Counter Spin = Past, Over Spin = Future. Each revolution equals a day. Go back to your point of observation and check the clocks. This is the ancient secret to immortality and endless riches. Bring a windbreaker...

a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

I almost spat my coffee to the visual, thanks!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

No that isnt the key word. E=mc^2 requires it. The laws of physics are uniform throughout the cosmos.

Travelling back in time violate both special and general relativity in that it violates causality, as I explained earlier, that is the 'c' in the above equation.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If anybody ever invents the time machine the first thing I do when I get to use it is go straight back so I can shake the hand of the dude or chick that invented the hot dog.

"Say boss... I have an idea. Let's take all these left over disgusting parts that we can't even use for dog food, we will grind them up, add a bunch of spices and stuff them into a collagen tube! we can call them hot dogs!"

That dude was brilliant.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It probably isn't possible to travel forward faster than normal time or backwards at all. At least not in the physical sense. I have often wondered though if information could be transmitted back through time and received with the right equipment.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

There are 2 ways this can go. You finish it right now or you eventually manage to complete it when you are older. Your older self then jumps in the new constructed time machine & then hops back to your younger self & gives you then plans.

As to what would happen next, nobody knows. Would he be erased from history right in front of your eyes, would he remain intact & get hit with a new lifetime of memories. Would existence branch off into a new universe etc, etc.

Either way, I doubt anyone has to worry about this for the foreseeable future given what it would take to accomplish such a feat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join