It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke got my eyes lookin’ Korean.. is that racist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
White people are the new "n-word"s.

It seems like that from stuff I read on ATS but not in real life.
I don't know if BLM is a thing in the UK but my thoughts are generally that it is not really aside from folk crying on the internet. Me and my mates have all run in 'gangs' (although groups is the preferred word) which were always mixed race. Crime has always been colourblind to me lol

...maybe it's different in the US because black people only had full rights within one lifetime of history so it's probably still raw to many people. Might take a few generations to heal.

edit on 21-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: fix quote tag

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

That's what I think every time I hear the term white people, like all white people think the same way.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jdubious
a reply to: 3n19m470

That's what I think every time I hear the term white people, like all white people think the same way.

It's ridiculous isn't it.
Same any generalisation about the social characteristics of any group of people, unless you are talking physical characteristics, then slitty eyes is hardly a lie or racists with Koreans, it's a fact. Like I look as pink/white as the Prawn Crackers sold at my local Chinese takeaway. If they called me a Prawn Cracker I'd laugh so long as they weren't being unkind.
Too many people are too sensitive these days in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I do prefer Australian Lamb.

Oops, there I go. Left out beef, chicken and fishy fishies.

That's not racist is it?

Yeah, nah,

kind regards,

bally

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I WAS SO AWAKE I LOOKED LIKE ONE OF THOSE ROUND EYES!

Hey round eye, why you always look so surprised? :

What do White Women and Tampons have in common?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The most important thing here is the attitude of the "artist" himself. His words didn't sit well with the Korean community, so it made some people feel demeaned. And when asked if he wanted to apologize and he said he didn't, shows his personal lack of moral empathy for his fellow human beings. He really doesn't give a crap how his words make them feel, he can say what he wants, (his mindset using his own public example).

He might not be an actual racist who has it in for Koreans, but his words utilize racist themes, and they make people feel they are being slandered because they are the target of that demeaning phrase and are Korean, or Asian.

Now what would happen if a Korean, or a white guy wrote a song with lyrics like

"Looked at his girlfriend,
got smacked in da face",
an' now gots African lips",
would have settled for a spray of da mace".

Then when interviewed and asked if I want to apologize I say NO!
"And No I'm not a racist"

Would there be a hate crime style of media frenzy? Of course

People would be screaming racist racist racist with murder in their eyes

Basically this guy is using Korean's physical characteristics in a way that hurts the feelings of Korean people and this guy could care less about that. He isn't deleting this lyrics and he doesn't care.

That just might qualify as racist after all.

This is about a new special class of privilege created by CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and even Fox news over a long period of time by always patronizing racially charged things and the so called promotion of "social justice" to a specific audience.

And now the rules do not apply to them anymore, because it's payback time and there is no time limit it is currently set until doomsday. (Or when people decide (if ever) to grow up and find some morality and choose to do what is right and especially CARE ABOUT OTHERS.

But a LOT of people don't care about that anymore just getting what the world "owes" them because they believe the world and everyone in it owes them something because of ..........here it comes again....what these people have been coaching them to believe>>>> CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and all the rest.
edit on 22-7-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

im glad he is not apologizing.
he did nothing wrong so he shouldnt be bullied into it

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
Agreed.
If a Korean rapped something like "I'd done so much coc aine my eyes were wide as a white guy" or something I'd just laugh.
Many people are way too sensitive these days, I think it is pathetic.
I'm massively against racism but not the kind of 'racism' people are wailing about in their cry cupboards.

EDIT
How about "My junk is so big you'd think I was from the Congo", do you think men from Congo would be offended by that, after all studies conclude that they have some of the largest penises in the world on average. Is that racist?
I say again, I think it's ridiculous calling it racist. Racism is being negative to another race or feeling superior to them etc.

edit on 22-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Perhaps not, but he seems indifferent to the feelings of others, which is what I am pointing out.

Saying one has "Korean eyes" doesn't bother me. It also doesn't bother my wife as being racist and she is Asian.

In my opinion, where this guy committed a "wrong" was not giving a sh't about people who were "bothered" by it, which to me is quite typical of that Genre of music.

And if I did what I showed in my example, would I also be considered to have done nothing wrong?

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I laughed about people who believe in gods at the pub once and a guy overheard said he was offended while everyone else chuckled. He was a full on bible thumper, I told him tough luck if it offends you, it's my opinion.
Should I have lied and said sorry when I wasn't sorry at all? That would seem odd to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Perhaps not, but he seems indifferent to the feelings of others, which is what I am pointing out.

Saying one has "Korean eyes" doesn't bother me. It also doesn't bother my wife as being racist and she is Asian.

In my opinion, where this guy committed a "wrong" was not giving a sh't about people who were "bothered" by it, which to me is quite typical of that Genre of music.

And if I did what I showed in my example, would I also be considered to have done nothing wrong?

he shouldnt care about people that are bothered by it though because he didnt do anything wrong.

we all know what the definition of racism is and this isnt it.

someone is always going to be bothered by something.

my mantra has been is something i say offends or bothers you that says more about you than me

racism would be thinking youre superior. thinking another race is inferior. trying to harm someone based on race. trying to keep a person from succeeding cause of their race.
thats racism.

writing a lyric with a thing that is true is not racism.

just cause a thing is true does not mean it is bad or negative

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

another good point.
people always want apologies.

those apologies are not legit though

people want to hear someone else say they are sorry for doing a thing even if they really are not sorry for doing a thing.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Did you at least like my song lyrics? I thought that was pretty funny.

By the way, I never implied any of the things you refer to.

Personally I don't care much about that guy not apologizing, just pointing out that the guy is a low life POS because he has no care about what he says, who he offends, etc.. People that act like that all the time usually end up getting body slammed. He is a "Dweeb" A socially inept person.

Really no surprise at all at his anti-social behavior.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Reminds me very much of this song, about self pleasure in jail (at least that is how the lyrics sound to me). Not only was it constantly played on the radio at the time, but still gets the occasional play now. No outcry of offence or racism that I know of.
I can see why these lyrics could be seen as offensive, but I am also a believer in free speech and if you don't like the words, just don't listen to the song. I am sure Frank Zappa has way more offensive lyrics, don't see any stooshies about his stuff either.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Strangely the real Asians seem to take a rather dim view of Western political correctness (including that of Asian youngsters raised in the West).

I recall there was big hoopla about a white young woman who wore a traditional Asian dress to her prom, and the Leftist trolls accused her of cultural appropriation.
However, the people in Japan actually thought she looked fantastic, and found it rather flattering.
I think there's even a Chinese net-speak term "baizuo", which means "stupid white Letist".
en.wikipedia.org...

It probably depends on the context, and rap music is not politically correct.
If it was a virtue signalling Hollywood tool who should rather shut up and act, I'd hold them to a different standard.
He's not inciting anything bad, just making a comparison (although my view might change if anti-Korean sentiment was a motif in more of his songs).

As long as he doesn't rap that he just polished off a keg of beer, and now he's goose-stepping down the pavement like a German.
Nein, then I'll be offended!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If that song went mainstream then it contains a lyrics unsuitable for all audience.

I think it's a racist phrase anytime when you refer any physical part of a body to a specific group of people.

Let me put it this way.

Some say "wow that african man's skin is as black as a charcoal."

or "that fat american woman walks like a penguin."

The rapper could've easily said slanted in place of korean.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DumbDown

Why does it have to be suitable for all audiences though?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

You haven't got the "maple fever" yet huh?

edit on 14/9/2018 by Brian4real because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join