It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jared Kushner’s family firm accused of pushing out tenants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Kharron

been a bad week

for who?

ummm...many people all over the world

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Tenants say it started early in the morning and went on until nightfall, so loud that it drowned out normal conversation, so violent it rattled pictures off the walls. So much dust wafted through ducts and under doorways that it coated beds and clothes in closets. Rats crawled through holes in the walls. Workers with passkeys barged in unannounced. Residents who begged for relief got a standard reply, “We have permits.”

I'm pretty sure this author is going for fiction author of the year award or something, does that exist?

I mean seriously, you read that and believed it? give me a break.... I'm pretty sure Stephen King wrote that part.

But the data suggest turnover at the building known as the Austin Nichols House was significantly higher than city averages for coveted rent-stabilized buildings, leaving behind a trail of anger, disrupted lives and a $10 million lawsuit filed late Sunday in which 20 tenants say they were harassed and exposed to high levels of cancer-causing dust.

The data suggest turnover at the building known as Austin Nichols House had higher turn-over rates?

I'm assuming someone has an Iphone in that building... is there any video or audio recordings? I mean if it was really that bad there must be some video and audio on someone's cellphone right?

In a statement, the Kushner Cos. acknowledged it received some complaints about construction during major renovations, which ended in December 2017, but said that it responded to them immediately and that “tremendous care was taken to prevent dust and inconvenience to tenants.”

so the construction has been over for over 7 almost 8 months now....

It said many tenants moved out when their rent was increased to the maximum allowed under rent-stabilization rules.

so this was an agreement they had already signed and new the possibilities of

one-bedrooms going for more than $3,000 a month.

wtf that's crazy expensive

Also, the city’s building department says it sent inspectors to the building dozens of times since 2015 and uncovered no evidence that construction rules were being violated

rent-stabilized

rent-stabilized
rent-stabilized
rent-stabilized
rent-stabilized

that's what the article actually sounds like, with the Stephen King hysteric's mixed in

Then came the rats, including one she accosted with a tennis racket as it teetered on a curtain rod in her bathroom. She also had to contend with a flood after workers hit a pipe in the unit above her and with the constant fear workers would burst into her apartment at any moment after two with passkeys tried to do just that, once while she was in her underwear.

Hysterics, like a Stephen King novel, probably a total lie if you buy this garbage something is wrong with you

In 2017 alone, the company sold 99 apartments in the building, according to Jared Kushner’s federal financial disclosure forms

sounds like the investment worked, they remodeled the building they purchased and raised the value for others selling their apartment's/condo's

hysteric's lies mixed in with totally fictional stories what a total waste of time and absolutely zero respect for AP

link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

link   
I had to look for a good link for this one, I'd thought everyone was aware.

Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump are married!

Which means he's family with the First family. And they make each other look good or bad.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I don't think I see the bias because I only get my news from reading and I read a dozen or so various sites daily.

Peter Strzok didn't think he was bias either.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Which means he's family with the First family. And they make each other look good or bad.

that's the second time you have said that in 3 pages, it's clear what's happening here

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

crystalline silica

AKA "dust"

edit on 16-7-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

that's the second time you have said that in 3 pages, it's clear what's happening here

What is clear, what am I saying? That Trump only surrounds himself with the best people?

edit on 16-7-2018 by Kharron because: reword and be nicer

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The article is practically a fiction novel. This will go nowhere. There should be at least 1 recording.

streeteasy.com...

There are 338 homes contained within this building of an obviously affluent part of NY. Not a single recording. NOT. A. SINGLE. RECORDING.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: vinifalou

Lol well it did..

It did for who?

The Globalists who wants the world to dive into a Second Cold War with Russia?

Yea, it went pretty bad for them.

edit on 16/7/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

crystalline silica

AKA "dust"

"Dust" from certain construction materials that can potentially cause cancer.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The article is practically a fiction novel. This will go nowhere. There should be at least 1 recording.

streeteasy.com...

There are 338 homes contained within this building of an obviously affluent part of NY. Not a single recording. NOT. A. SINGLE. RECORDING.

Wait a minute, toys? When you say recording you mean sales, right? You're trying to discredit this article by saying you have not found any sales on this building? But in your own link all these sales are listed:

Or are you saying there are no video recordings of anything? In which case I have to ask you how you know that?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

obviously not. I'm CLEARLY talking about audio and visual recordings as I've stated before

next time you are about to sign an agreement with your landlord and you see something you don't like, don't sign it and choose another place
edit on 16-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

hahaha
THAT is the building in the OP?
That is nice! Waterfront, doorman, concierge, gym, garden, roof deck, garage parking, nice floorplans.

Those poor, poor people. Getting some dust and noise from remodeling.

Geez. The Resist movement is getting desperate.

edit on 7/16/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

crystalline silica

AKA "dust"

"Dust" from certain construction materials that can potentially cause cancer.

oh yeah, wouldn't you record some of these things happening to build a legal case if you were in their position?

I would. everyone practically records everything today and not a single person out of hundreds to potentially thousands of people decided to record anything

here's a hint: mostly lies

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

desperate

it's beyond desperate, the media is freaking out because they've lost the narrative

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

22 active sales ($1,527 per ft² avg, $1,225,909 avg price)
12 in contract sales ($1,504 per ft² avg, $1,103,750 avg price)
209 previous sales ($1,552 per ft² avg, $1,229,032 avg price

the cost per apartment is $1,527 per ft, wow. these people are millionaire's without cellphones

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

obviously not. I'm CLEARLY talking about audio and visual recordings as I've stated before

next time you are about to sign an agreement with your landlord and you see something you don't like, don't sign it and choose another place

Ok then, how do you know there are no video recordings? Are you their attorney?

And to answer your second line, that is exactly what was happening. The apartments are rent stabilized, however they are so expensive that even under those protections, the Kushners decided to raise it to the maximum legally allowed. This added $500 per month for some people, or more for others and was raised as frequently as it could have been.

Some people were rich and could afford this, others couldn't. That's why the attack came from many sides. Those who could afford a price hike could not handle the noise, the rats and the carcinogens. This was done very well, and what you suggest about not signing the lease and choosing another place, that is exactly what they had in mind as well. Or so the lawsuit claims.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If the owner is making significant improvements, of course the costs will increase.

If someone is renting, that is a known risk. Renting does not give you a permanent right to live in a place at the same cost beyond your lease.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
$1,225,909

That can buy me 392 acres with a 4,500 sq ft. home in my area.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join