It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you tired of being manipulated yet?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

How many characters is a Tweet ?
Don't take much to report on that.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

My apology underwerks, I reply to the wrong person frequently

I also use "you" the wrong way sometimes. I don't mean "you" as in yourself, just a general statement sometimes

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I’d be careful about celebrating the division he causes.

Somehow I don't think we're the ones who should be concerned.

We aren't causing division, you are. By spreading lies about some bogus & unproven "collusion" nonsense. By spreading hatred and false information about our movement and our people. By continually disputing the legitimacy of our lawfully installed President. By falsely attributing the will of the people to some bogus Russian-bot tinfoil conspiracy theory. By attacking our demonstrators in public simply because you disagree with them. For harassing patriots on college campuses. For levying an array of false accusations (usually sex abuse allegations) at anyone you disagree with. By slandering us, with terms like "racist" or "nazi." By falsely equating law enforcement activities with discrimination (ie: deporting illegal aliens). By insulting our law enforcement officers and jumping on the anti-police bandwagon every time a criminal is shot dead by police.

And that's just for starters.

We aren't the problem in this country. The radical left is.

We're ALLOWED to have a conservative/libertarian agenda. We're ALLOWED to capture the majority power in this country, and use it to implement our agenda. We're ALLOWED to disagree with the left and be free from harassment and violence.

We're ALLOWED to love our country, our people, our heritage, our President and most importantly our Constitution.

And if you or anyone else doesn't like it? TDB

Again, if you can’t take an honest look at yourselves and who you support, we can’t even begin to have an honest conversation about what’s going on.

Until you can hold Trump responsible for his share of the division, there’s nothing really to talk about.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

My apology underwerks, I reply to the wrong person frequently

I also use "you" the wrong way sometimes. I don't mean "you" as in yourself, just a general statement sometimes

No worries.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

He does compromise. He has endorsed proposals (debt ceiling, path to citizenship) by Schumer and Pelosi to the chagrin of Republicans. He leaves the legislating to Congress.

No, it isnt trump not compromising and dividing the country, it is those opposed to him that are.

I haven’t seen one instance where Trump has made a compromise that gave the people he disagrees with more than he and his group gets.

That’s the nature of compromise. You have to give up some of what you want to give others what they want. Everything I’ve seen him tout as a compromise is only that in name.

What he publicly refers to as compromise is anything but.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

He does compromise. He has endorsed proposals (debt ceiling, path to citizenship) by Schumer and Pelosi to the chagrin of Republicans. He leaves the legislating to Congress.

No, it isnt trump not compromising and dividing the country, it is those opposed to him that are.

I haven’t seen one instance where Trump has made a compromise that gave the people he disagrees with more than he and his group gets.

That’s the nature of compromise. You have to give up some of what you want to give others what they want. Everything I’ve seen him tout as a compromise is only that in name.

He signed an EO to stop families from getting separated at the border.

I

link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Trump is held accountable and attacked hourly from the biggest platforms down to the individual everyday.

And yet here you are blaming that on someone else. If you can at least place some of the blame on Trump, we can start to have an honest conversation.

So let me get this straight. Instead of Trump supporters blaming the immaturity of people harassing them in public over the clothing they wear, we should instead blame Trump. I guess self-accountability has gone out the window for the left.

link   

Oh no doubt about it there, Trump is not innocent either. I don't dispute that either. Really, not a one of us is innocent

Until you can hold Trump responsible for his share of the division, there’s nothing really to talk about.

Many refuse to do that because of the false allegations against him. The reaction to false allegations is defensive, even when some complaints are valid/legitimate

Sadly we are to the point now where reality/truth seems to matter less than political affiliation. Worst part is that some folks take advantage of our (that word again) natural reactions and use them to pit folks like "you" and "I" against each other

I certainly acknowledge Trump (and a lot of us, myself included) stoke division and are at least in part responsible for the BS we all face today

How on Earth do we ever move forward/move past all this? It seems there is just too much bad blood out there, with people on both sides growing more bitter and more isolated by the day. Every week now I see things on the news that seem like a new political "Rubicon" has been crossed

I'm just sorry it has gotten to the point it is at now
edit on 7/5/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

That’s not how governance works. Feet-stomping until you get what you want is the wrong way to approach politics. You have to vote.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
"Are you tired of being manipulated yet?"

"Define manipulated."

You can only be manipulated if you let someone do it. Think instead of needing to be told something on ANYTHING.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

How many characters is a Tweet ?
Don't take much to report on that.

That’s the thing, the tweets are all you care about.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Most people didn’t like him before he was elected when he was just a reality tv star.

More stupid BS. How is it most people didnt like him but still elected him as POTUS?

Stop listening to the media.

The electoral college.

Look it up.

Thank God for the Electoral College!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're welcome.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: notsure1

ETA ... As a matter of fact I said this..
They are manipulating us into hating each other

Then I agree with you wholeheartedly.

LOL See now was that so hard?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You can only be manipulated if you let someone do it

What? You do not realize you are being manipulated that is what manipulation is.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

How on Earth do we ever move forward/move past all this?

Someone has to take the first step. I’d like it to be Trump. But he depends on the division and constant media barrage to keep him in the headlines, so I doubt he’s going to be the one to take that first step to compromise and bring the country together. The current climate is working too well for him.

As long as being attacked works to his advantage, he’s going to stay on that route. Without him stepping up, I don’t think it will ever be solved. All we can do is pray that the country doesn’t burn in the meantime.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The sad part is how despicably easy it was to divide a population like ours

Make up some lies about Trump/Trump voters and throw in some lies about Clinton/DNC/Dem voters and you have two sides who refuse to acknowledge their own side's mistakes while actively demonizing the others

If only we could put that hatred/distrust/misunderstanding/natural human reaction aside and see objective reality

Sadly our objective reality is heavily controlled by the media/its narratives (this includes CNN, Fox News, Breitbart, MSNBC, BBC..etc.. they all have an agenda)

I have been forcing myself to ensure I don't smear the entire left/Dem party. I realize that logically the vast majority of the left is like the right, reacting to things going on around us rather than driving the false narratives (the ones both sides put out)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Trump is held accountable and attacked hourly from the biggest platforms down to the individual everyday.

And yet here you are blaming that on someone else. If you can at least place some of the blame on Trump, we can start to have an honest conversation.

So let me get this straight. Instead of Trump supporters blaming the immaturity of people harassing them in public over the clothing they wear, we should instead blame Trump. I guess self-accountability has gone out the window for the left.

I don’t think you should blame anybody. Just understand the source of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: intrepid

You can only be manipulated if you let someone do it

What? You do not realize you are being manipulated that is what manipulation is.

The only thing manipulating me is my hand.
A REALLY good conman can get anyone for a short period of time. A thinking person will let h/her past experience guide them. I'm not talking about Trump.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The sad part is how despicably easy it was to divide a population like ours

Make up some lies about Trump/Trump voters and throw in some lies about Clinton/DNC/Dem voters and you have two sides who refuse to acknowledge their own side's mistakes while actively demonizing the others

If only we could put that hatred/distrust/misunderstanding/natural human reaction aside and see objective reality

Sadly our objective reality is heavily controlled by the media/its narratives (this includes CNN, Fox News, Breitbart, MSNBC, BBC..etc.. they all have an agenda)

I have been forcing myself to ensure I don't smear the entire left/Dem party. I realize that logically the vast majority of the left is like the right, reacting to things going on around us rather than driving the false narratives (the ones both sides put out)

Can’t believe I’m actually agreeing with you and giving you stars.

Maybe this is one of those first steps.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Trump has magical powers. He divides people like Moses did the Red Sea.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join