It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aztec Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I once had a vaguely Aztec dream. I was seeing the dream through the eyes of someone else. How do i know i hear you ask...well the person in the dream was an Aztec female and i am a good Yorkshire lad. The dream was actualy quite disturbing.

I...that is she was tied do to the floor with chains. She was in a stone room kind of like a burial chamber. There were many other people in the room an a person was coming round and giving each person a drink from a chalice made from gold. The other people were also tied down.

It was then her turn to drink, she took a sip and emidiatly started to feel dizzy, the cup was filled with pioson. Then a man came around with a golden Kris (a type of dagger) and started to slit the people throats. The last thing i remember from the dream is a knife being drawn across the womans neck.

I woke up with a hell of a fright. I was clutching my throat and gagging.

Does anyone know what this dream could mean. Preferably someone with some Aztec knowlage.

And anyone else free to post i need your individual oppions on this one

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
hmmm I'm not a big aztec buff but I will say this I think it might've been one of your past lives as sad as it may seem

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You may want to do some research on your own and see how accurate your dream was when compared to what is known about aztec culture.

There are many websites available to look at and of course in this day of internet access we still should not forget about local public libraries and university libraries.

If you google Aztec Culture or Aztec Ritual under exact phrase you should get some promising hits.

Spiderj

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
thanx il try seaching.

strange to think that i could have been o woman in a past life

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
hmmmm... i have found many souces that say that the Aztecs held mass sacrifices but i can't find any description for the methods used.

Can anyone help me here?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
That is a very scary dream and the aztects did have sacrificial chambers and they mostly sacrificed woman so i'm not sure what your dream meant,but i am pretty sure that you were seeing through the eyes of a person from long ago and might have been picking up somthing that actually happened in the past

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Remember though TB that it may not have been a vision or past life glimpse.

To paraphrase frued: Sometimes a dream is just a dream.

The fact that you were a powerless woman in this dream who then drank poison and basically felt her life end and watched those around her die, well as disturbing as it is, it could very well just be parts of your psyche working through some issues.

Perhaps your feminine side feels crushed and or as if it is dying, smothered and controlled by your masculine side. the dream could be warning you that if you do not embrace and nurture your feminine your masculine side too shall fail bringing you a sort of spiritual death.

Hey this is just off the top of my head so don't put too much stock into it.

And of course, not that you would but please do not think of your feminine side as weak or homosexual or anything like that. We are all half yin and half yang when one side dominates the other and your "spiritual energies" become really unbalanced, it can lead to many problems.

I do not believe the kris style blade was something used by Aztecs. Aztec weapons tended to be wood with stone shards, at least their version of a sword was. I would think any knives would be ritual, but as far as I can remember the kris style blade as something that originated in the middle east and very popular amongst the hashashim(sp?) it's been a while so i could be wrong, someone please correct me if I am.

Also a ritual sacrifice involving a young woman usually revolved around the concept of purity,hence virgin sacrifice. It seems odd that a priest would poison a sacrifice and then slit it's throat. If you were offering something up to your god would you kill it twice once with poison (essentially negating the purity) and then killing it with a knife? Odd. IMO of course and as always.

Spiderj

[edit on 2/20/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thakyou v much for that i was very helpful.

Your obviously quite a good thinker.

But one realy anoying fact remains....i may have died a virgin in a past life. DAMNIT!!!

lol

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

i may have died a virgin in a past life. DAMNIT!!!

Don't know how old you are, but considering you dern kids these days if your over fourteen it's safe to assume you won't die one in this life.

So that's something.

Spiderj

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terra Bane
strange to think that i could have been o woman in a past life

A lot of people were actually the opposite gender in a past life. It's nothing to freak out about.

Another thing, if you're seriously considering the theory that it could have been one of your past lives, I would recommend keeping some sort of journal just for exploring your past life (lives). I've found that a spiral notebook works well for this sort of thing, because I look things up online, print them off and staple them in there. Whenever you have a dream that you think might be related in any way (even that the same sort of dagger was used or something marginal like that), write it down. You might find connections to that life and another life after it, or even to this life.

Best of luck.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's not an incarnational dream.

The Aztecs (indeed, the whole of the Americas) didn't have much in the way of metal technology. They did have gold, but they didn't have ways of making chain (or smelting iron.)

Gold's just a bit too soft to use for daggers -- except as ceremonial daggers. You'd bend the blade long before you managed to slit a throat.

They did behead, but their favorite method of sacrifice was cutting out people's hearts. These were done with obsidian (glass-like) knives. There wasn't much (if any) throat cutting.

I believe it's a symbolic dream; not a past life dream.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
All the time, except I'm a Spanish chick living with some English guy named Henry and I can't for the life of me manage to have a son- then, chop.

top topics

join