It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Afghanistan May Be South of the US Border

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Xtrozero

You cant kill all the Drug Cartels.

Who the hell will facilitate your nation with all the snow and smack it requires to keep itself from falling apart and imploding?

We will. We’ll just legalize all drugs.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

When have governments ever eradicated crime, poverty, and corruption???

Fact is they cannot function without such.

For a start where would they even draw their politicians from if not the corrupt?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

$$$$$$

££££££

Apt to happen sometime.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just make them suburbs of San Diego

a reply to: conspiracy nut

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Leave the Canadians alone, they're posing no danger to anyone and all that you're going to make happen is some glares and stern headshakes of disapproval.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I don't think so myself. I think Iran is the most logical next stop, considering the wealth of resources they're sitting on. After that, South Africa may be boiling over and separated enough from the developed world to warrant a visit from the west.

The whole "wealth of resources" angle I think is pretty much dead. Didn't work for Iraq or Afghanistan, so I don't think it is really on the table other than talking points.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh Birdman, you of all people.... ought to see the humor contained...... lol.. Surely No one is taking my comment seriously. But, yea, they should stay out of Utah, for reals.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Here.... to make up for it, a little Canuc diddy. www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-6-2018 by Plotus because: Whoop, whoop, whoop...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Northern Mexico.

💫🔑

You mean Texas? lol

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why can't we just get invaded by aliens!

I just hope they don't bring their kids too...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Bruh, literally neither of those is in South America.

Meant everything south of the border...Fixed the title for you.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The company I work for has an employee organization called the "leadership forum"; it's a forum where employees from all departments and levels can get together in an informal setting, have a few drinks, dinner and interact on a social level. After every dinner the group invites a speaker to give a presentation.

So... one time maybe 3 years ago we had a US general come in to give a presentation on the "Next threats facing the nation" ... bottom line was that he thought South America would be the next threat and he gave a compelling argument as to why.

Call it a self fulfilling (or US government fulfilling) prophecy but a lot of what's happening now was part of his argument.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Let's be honest its quite clear whos next really.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
And just maybe ..... there needn't be another Afghanistan. We have President Trump at the lead, not a warmonger or hawk, someone with a New Thinking. Look at North Korea, no one could of done it before Trump. Past administrations were the ones promoting the wars. I think we are on the threshold of a new mindset. One without such horror and war.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Just imagine the flood of refugees when Venezuela collapses. Yes I believe we will have big issues with Central, south america and Mexico. This is our backyard and we should work with their governments to eradicate crime, poverty and corruption. We should invest in them to build up their infrastructure and teach their citizens skills so they can help to build up their own countries.

Because we've had such grand success with this in the Middle East?

It's hard to know what to do. But they desperately need help in taking their countries back.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I was thinking Africa. There are some very important technology minerals there, and they're important enough that the superpowers might want to start cleaning up that continent in order to guard against shortages. Get rid of the warlords, establish some puppet governments... you know, the usual.

o.O

Please look into the "Scramble for Africa". Europe did what you're saying from the late 1800s to the early 1900s and there were untold atrocities along the way, including the Belgian atrocities in the Congo & first genocide of the 20th century (HERE). All of Africa's current countries except for Liberia and Ethiopia were conquered by Europe during that time period (Liberia was already a US vassal state and Ethiopia defeated the invading Italians).

But in response, from the 1950s until 1980, there was an entire branch of the Cold War which is commonly called the "Decolonization" period. Throughout Africa's branch of decolonization, there were constant violent and nonviolent revolutions that forced the European colonizers out of virtually every one of those African countries. There is literally no way the US would be able to accomplish another "Scramble for Africa".

To be real, this is exactly why so many African countries are getting closer to China. I won't go into the full history (though this link gives a pretty good summary), but this constant push by the West to conquer African countries is still fresh in African minds. China, on the other hand, typically stays out of African domestic affairs, doesn't try to preach about hypocritical moral crap to African countries, and instead simply works on mutually beneficial deals with African countries.

In fact, one of China's overt goals in Africa is to build strong allies there during the process. They want African countries to get strong economically and militarily both so China can have better trade partners there and so the BRICS nations can be even less reliant on Western countries. In fact, I not so secretly suspect that there's another massive ulterior motive for China wanting to build up African countries, but I'll keep my suspicions to myself on that one.

Star for you my friend and well said... It is not just Africa where China is using that model. Infrastructure projects along with financing which a country ends up not being able to pay for, so China basically ends up owning large projects and the ground they are built upon all over Asia and other places..

The USA/CIA model of buying a few politicians who they can control seems to have fallen out of favor as the locals have gotten smarter..

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The USA/CIA model of buying a few politicians who they can control seems to have fallen out of favor as the locals have gotten smarter..

That is what China does but on a business level. We can't do that in the states legally, but they can.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Aye, the guys a champion of Men.

Nobel prize material really.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think we need some sort of think tank kind of analysis . Fingers crossed that Canada would be near the bottom for their maple syrup and bacon .

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Moosylvania.
We need to blow these hippies off the gawdamned map!
Keep an eye on Venezuela.
That's some hard bush.
edit on 21-6-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Darn Iranians ...just what were they thinking anyway

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join