It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrant children detained in Virginia facility say they were beaten

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: NthOther

Funny that you think this is a left-right issue. Funny that anyone that disagrees with anything done under Trump must be a card carrying leftist Obama lover. Everyone should look at stories with an open mind, fact check, listen to alternate sources and use your own thinking to wade through all the fake spin news out there.

Congress and the trump administration need to work together to get things done in this country. the Democrats seem to be doing the same thing the Republicans did to Obama when he was in office they refuse to negotiate compromise and work with one another it is extremely childlike and unprofessional.

Ok, so that I understand you correctly; are you saying that when Republican's control the government, the Democrats should just bend over for them and pass whatever the Republican's want, but the Republicans have a duty to stonewall any Democratic action whatsoever?

I should hope with that opinion you were just as disgusted at the Republican's under Obama's tenure for the same actions....

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: dragonridr

Actually it was filed October 4, 2017. Once again though, for the third time in this thread:

As I've said in other threads, I don't pin this kind of behavior on one single administration. This is a systemic issue that keeps getting overlooked.

It doesn't matter whose administration this occurred under. It occurred under Obama. It occurs under Trump. Hell, it's probably been occurring in some form or another since the founding of this country. Abuse of children by the state should not be a partisan issue. So stop trying to make it in to one.

ETA: The article about the original filing of the case.
Wiley Rein and Washington Lawyers’ Committee File Fifth Amendment Complaint on Behalf of Immigrants Detained in Shenandoah Valley Juvenile Center

Wrong the brief was filed oct 4 2017 actually not the 30th. The plaintiff is now 17 and filing this before being released from juvenile detention at 18 hes free to go. By the way hes no longer being held their according to court brief and reading through the court filings je was on minimal detention centers but do to hand activity and violence was sent to maximum juvilnile detention center. This is where they treat the juveniles like adults. They pit the bags over thr head when transporting to prevent them from spitting etc just like real prisons.

Now the judge may find his treatment was excessive but it has nothing to do quth him being an illegal immigrant. Any more then illegals currently on our jails serving sentences for crimes.

www.documentcloud.org...
edit on 6/21/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm all for overhauling our education system as well as cracking down on child abuse in our entire criminal justice system. Funny how anytime these problems have been brought up in the past this site acts like it's not worth the resources while cheering on billions of extra dollars going to the military.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I'm all for overhauling our education system as well as cracking down on child abuse in our entire criminal justice system. Funny how anytime these problems have been brought up in the past this site acts like it's not worth the resources while cheering on billions of extra dollars going to the military.

Id go further and say there is a huge problem with the criminal justice system.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'd agree with you on that. One step at a time though.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say if this is all true. There is nothing to say really, it's detestable. I can't believe we live in these times.

But the frog in boiling water started a long time ago and it did so with cold water. Can we detain potential terrorists without charges? Guantanamo? Off-site bases? Can we hold people for years? Non nationals or nationals too? How about torture? How about we break international laws on humane treatment?

And at no point did any frogs jump out. And now the water is getting pretty damn hot.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Abuse of anyone and especially that of a child is abhorrent and individuals found guilty should be punished.

What is being described by the 15 year old sounds like a restraint chair and a spit guard.

While the use of those tools can be abused by authorities, most facilities have very tough rules on their use and require extensive reports after use.

What that individual believed to be abuse could have been officers restraining an unruly prisoner. Hopefully a full investigation will uncover the whole truth.

Since the article details allegations that have "occurred for years" without providing any sort of time frame, it shows that the current "policy" of seperating children was not invented by the current administration but instead shows that children have been incarcerated long before the current administration ever took office. Where is the faux outrage and flowing tears of the biased press now ?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Yes that is exactly what they are saying, but your forgetting the reason they are saying that..

They literally believe that all the media, FBI, government, scientists, college professors , unions , celebrities, teachers, exc are all in some big, likely satanic leftist illuminati hellbent on destroying America/Christianity/white people/etc.. basically destroying everything except the big corporations saying nice those are the GOP’s primary financial backers..

If you believe all the craziness it makes perfect sense lol..
edit on 21-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence to back them up. Which I am not seeing here...

However I do know the human trafficking Mexican government gives out pamphlets teaching people headed to the border how to manipulate the system just like this. At this point I'm inclined to believe it's the latter.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

This site supports concentration camps as long as brown people are thrown into them. Cheered 4500 US citizens being left to die of exposure in Puerto Rico. Has advocated for genocide against Muslims. Loved the idea of nuclear war with North Korea. And advocates using the military as an occupation force on American streets.

And that's all in the last year. Right wing posters on this site are not balanced individuals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join