It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spear of Destiny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I tried using the search, though it returned no results on this topic. If there is any info about this on another post, please link it for me. As I'm sure some of you may know, the Spear of Destiny (if I remember correctly) is part of the new movie Constantine which is about the coming of Satan's son. The Spear of Destiny, as they called it, is apparently is the spear that was used by the Roman soldier during Jesus's crucifixion that pierced his side.

Anyway, in one of the many possible questions that may show up here about that movie, I was wondering if the spear is actually true and exists. I know somewhat about the bible, though I don't try and memorize it or read it (I know about as much as a Catholic school would teach you from elementary through high school..) and I've never once heard about the Spear of Destiny. According to the "movie" you need it and an angel or something or whatever to bring about the son of satan on earth, though could be just some made up.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by SwampFox]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The supposed spear was a fake according to a documentairy i saw on the discovery channel.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I am pretty sure Hitler found the spear of destiny, because he too believied in its "magical" abilities to sway wars in favor of the holder of the spear. Yeah I don't know if what they said in Constantine is true though.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
I am pretty sure Hitler found the spear of destiny, because he too believied in its "magical" abilities to sway wars in favor of the holder of the spear.

Worked pretty well for him, too
For that matter, keeping it worked pretty well for the Roman empire.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
"Spear of Destiny" is the title of a book by author Trevor Ravenscroft about Hitler and the spear that pierced the side of Christ. He has written several novels in the same vein (so to speak) including "The Cup of Destiny" and "Mark of the Beast" with Tim Wallace-Murphy.

The authors assertion is that Hitler utilized the black arts (Satanism) and in particular the spear in his rise to power and bid to conquer the world.

I would suggest reading the book to form your own opinion. Your local library will likely have a copy, if not the ISBN is 0-87728-547-0.

I read it myself some years ago and really don't find much, if any, of what he writes to be credible. He asks the reader to take entirely too much on faith (a good bit of his "history" was supposedly done using ESP or Third Sight). As to whether or not the Spear exists, it is pretty much my guess that he would be the last person in the world that would know.

Having said that, it was an interesting interpretation of an interesting era. It is worth a read simply because, as an author, I found him to be very entertaining.

join