It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes. . . . the bad guys win

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

But I'm not really surprised. I can say that I won't be screaming into bubbles while wearing a pink hat, but I am disappointed.

The report really is a "nothing burger". Sure, there is enough to "interpret" if you lean one way, but you could "interpret"
it another way if you wanted to as well.

We all know that DC is corrupt. But I guess it doesn't matter.

Because the bad guys win.

They can spend millions on sexual harassment hush funds and no one, left or right bats an eye.

They can apply unequal justice based on ideology and no one bats an eye.

So sometimes, the bad guys win.

It's time to accept that.

And maybe it's time to stop being the good guy. Because good guys don't win.

We should maybe start emulating our feckless #### leaders in sh#t-hole DC.

We should sexually harass, because they did and got away with it.

We should lie to everyone because they do, and they get away with it.

We should cheat, lie, steal, be partisan, base our decisions solely on ideology and not right or wrong.

Because they did.

We should call for the attacks and punishment on people based on nothing but ideology, because they did and still do.

We should become the bad guys, because they are and they are winning.

I defended free speech rights for people that would have me silenced. Maybe I should just shut them up because being the good guy ain't winning no prizes.

Maybe breaking the law is okay now because enforcing immigration laws sure as sh#t looks likes a "loss leader" to me.

Maybe it's time to be a bad guy and start winning. Maybe it's time to be a bad guy and start screwing people over based on thoughts and beliefs because they sure as hell are and they are f###ing winning!

Maybe it's time to be a bad guy.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The sad thing is, some will point out no criminal wrong doing, while not even considering the implications...this will affect us all negatively.
edit on 14-6-2018 by theatreboy because: I can not spell

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Perish the thought.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

But I'm not really surprised. I can say that I won't be screaming into bubbles while wearing a pink hat, but I am disappointed.

The report really is a "nothing burger". Sure, there is enough to "interpret" if you lean one way, but you could "interpret"
it another way if you wanted to as well.

We all know that DC is corrupt. But I guess it doesn't matter.

Because the bad guys win.

They can spend millions on sexual harassment hush funds and no one, left or right bats an eye.

They can apply unequal justice based on ideology and no one bats an eye.

So sometimes, the bad guys win.

It's time to accept that.

And maybe it's time to stop being the good guy. Because good guys don't win.

We should maybe start emulating our feckless #### leaders in sh#t-hole DC.

We should sexually harass, because they did and got away with it.

We should lie to everyone because they do, and they get away with it.

We should cheat, lie, steal, be partisan, base our decisions solely on ideology and not right or wrong.

Because they did.

We should call for the attacks and punishment on people based on nothing but ideology, because they did and still do.

We should become the bad guys, because they are and they are winning.

I defended free speech rights for people that would have me silenced. Maybe I should just shut them up because being the good guy ain't winning no prizes.

Maybe breaking the law is okay now because enforcing immigration laws sure as sh#t looks likes a "loss leader" to me.

Maybe it's time to be a bad guy and start winning. Maybe it's time to be a bad guy and start screwing people over based on thoughts and beliefs because they sure as hell are and they are f###ing winning!

Nice rant! I sincerely mean that. However, I do not believe you will stop being a good guy. You just don't have it in you to be evil.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Yeah well,hopefully people will now start to realise that it is, always has been, and always will be, them against us. Until of course "we" actually decide to effect change.

The fact of the matter is that there are no "good guys" running anything when it comes to politics, a fact sorely lost on a significant number of ATS members.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
No it is not time to be bad.
Now is the time to stick to lawfulness and following the rules. Others do not, and that will be their downfall.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

For now DB...for now.

Maybe not in your or even my lifetime but these times will be noted in history as WTF period.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I plan to read all 500+ pages before concluding one way or another.

Meanwhile, the kleptocracy endures.
edit on 14-6-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Steady... Steady... STEADY!!!!

To paraphrase, we are in that strange time in our country where it is too late to get rid of the criminals in the system by using the system, but we are too early to just shoot the bastards.

Give it a little time.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It has always been this way. It will never change. The good guys never win but at least they keep trying-it's the only thing that that keeps many of us sane-hope. Always remember, if you don't want to fall off that cliff, you and your high hopes are not alone. There are many with you.
edit on 14-6-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Better yet, let's just redefine what "winning" means.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

If u cant beat em....

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You're right. No matter who's in power Liberals or Republicans...nothing ever really changes. The two parties just switch back and fourth as to who's the bad/good guys.....depending upon who's in power. All of us, we're just the worker ants, and we all know that the colony can't function without the worker ants...…....when will we as a collective of folks understand that . Effective change takes radical thinking......it did when we declared our independence and it applies present day. Yea, maybe it's time to turn into the bad guys......as a collective of worker ants.
edit on 14-6-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If we play by their rules, we go to jail.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

You always have the "liberal golden rule".....do unto others.....then run!!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I'm not ready to throw in the towel.

I believe the IG report is only about her use of a private server and how the FBI handled it. From what I can tell the report doesn't directly reference the act of deleting subpoenaed evidence and lying to congress.

Her intentions won't be applicable in this case. It doesn't matter what the evidence is, the laws are clear about tampering with or destroying evidence. And even more clear on lying to congress. She can't claim to not understand the consequences for lying to congress unless she claims amnesia from BCs trial.

I could be wrong, but that's my take at this point.

edit on 14-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I've been calling it all along, it's nothing more than a distraction for those willing to devote their energy towards it. I said all along that nothing would come of any of the investigations because they're nothing more than a carrot being dangled on the end of a stick held by the media and those in power. All those threads devoted to how the IG was going to change everything yet here we are no closer to justice after its release.

I'm not surprised even a little bit, they'll drag out another partisan talking point for months on end once this blows over, I guarantee it. And guess what, people here on ATS will continue to chase the carrot in hopes their justice boners are satisfied.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Based on the reactions by the media, and the worthless leadership in DC, it doesn't really matter.

Decisions were probably made days ago when those worthless scum knew and read the report.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't agree.. We must remain optimistic. Fighting the establishment and draining the swamp is an uphill battle. It's going to be a long time before we see real justice in dc. But it will be worth it. I still have faith that the institutions will be cleansed of corruption. Wars are not won over night.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Good rant!

Having just listened to a number of Bernard Cornwell's Saxon stories on Youtube, I can identify with your feelings. Sometimes I think it would be satisfying to the reptilian side of my brain to just "Go Viking" and "Kill the bastards, kill every one of them!" after hurling clever insults to them for quite some time. But I'm not a reptile and so far in this life I've managed to resist those reptilian impulses.

I'm afraid I've stopped believing any "leaks" or any anonymous sources close to the matter. There is way too much hyperbole on both sides. It's okay with me that they have their free speech and can shout vulgar and coarse things to each other. But I long for the days of the clever insults that stung like a thousand bees. Abby Hoffman was my hero in that regard. When he flung an insult everybody had to at least chuckle, not gasp and try to remove the children from his influence.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join