It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labron James vs Kim Kardashian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I rarely start a topic but this article spoke volumes to me and kept going back and rereading. Not really a new idea but very well written. I am taking a few paragraphs within the piece that, for me, says it all. It is a very good article from the federalist and worthy of the entire read.

Speaking of Labron James here

Aside from his appalling arrogance in thinking he speaks for all players, James has a lesson to learn from West. While James might be a star basketball player and one of the best players in history, he is no leader. He may drive his team to victories on the court, but James is no king off the court. He won’t be leading the people he pretends to represent anywhere other than backwards, in terms of social justice.

vs Kim Kardashian

This point was summed up on Twitter today by Fox News Political Analyst Gianno Caldwell: “Kim Kardashian has highlighted one of the greatest failures of the black community. Instead of some of our highest profile black leaders meeting with the President about criminal justice reform or clemency for Alice Johnson, most refuse to meet thereby disenfranchising us all.”

Kardashian just served up a strong lesson in diplomacy. She was never a huge Trump fan. She hasn’t been known for championing any conservative positions. But, to her credit, she’s definitively shown herself, against the expectations of many, to be a passionate and driven woman in fighting to have a woman freed whom she believed was the recipient of real injustice.

West put some skin in the game, did research, and was committed to bringing about the change she wanted to see in the world.

Now I am not bashing James or others because they put money into their various causes. There is a difference between throwing money at a problem and actually involving yourself in correcting the problem. With the presidential bashing about some perceived injustice by the president, they could very well use their position to speak to the president about the problems they see and work with him and others to correct.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Labron did me a solid one time in Vegas so I'm still kind of fond of him but, yeah, he's not that bright.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

did me a solid one time

Um ... OK ... I don't know what that means.

Sounds wrong but I am sure it is US English and has another meaning other than something to do with sex or pooping.

By your sentence structure, I doubt it is one of these.

P

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Very good points you raise.
This falls right in line with the lack of intervention from Black leaders to try to deter African American on African American crime.

Or why dont childish Gambino make a song about black crime statistics or lack of motivation or why there's always a need for someone to tell the poorest many to stop black on black crimes...

So I agree 100% with your idea of the difference between throwing money (or musical talent) at an issue and getting involved.
edit on 7-6-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Slang for a "favor." Not a sexual favor.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Very good points you raise.
This falls right in line with the lack of intervention from Black leaders to try to deter African American on African American crime.

Or why dont childish Gambino make a song about black crime statistics or lack of motivation or why there's always a need for someone to tell the poorest many to stop black on black crimes...

So I agree 100% with your idea of the difference between throwing money (or musical talent) at an issue and getting involved.

Yes, that was what I was thinking and didn't want to say.

While scholarships are good, they are for people who are already motivated and determined. Someone needs to get to the core reason for poverty and crime in the communities. Starting a communication on the government level with other leaders on a government levels could do wonders.

This is a president who doesn't like to fail.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
For the life of me, I do not understand some of the criticism she's been catching. WTF, people? She, unlike many of her critics, actually acted the adult and worked with someone she may not exactly like to accomplish a great good.

Just what the Hell is wrong with that?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
For the life of me, I do not understand some of the criticism she's been catching. WTF, people? She, unlike many of her critics, actually acted the adult and worked with someone she may not exactly like to accomplish a great good.

I think those words in your statement, I bolded, are key to their anger. Since day one, the "sky screamers" have done nothing but demand things and have acted like spoiled brats. Kim showed if you carry yourself like an adult and communicate with sound reasoning, instead of temper tantrums and demands, things can get accomplished. The sky screamers can't have that getting out. Plus, the woman he pardoned wasn't "white" and there goes another long running falsehood out the window. Giving pardons to 2 "non-whites," in less than 30 days, shoots a huge hole in the "nazi racist" boat they have been paddling.

Let the Kim bashing begin!

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Why should he do that, he covered all of that in his last vid.

And when will white leaders get serious in stopping white on white crimes.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Who’s bitching about that?

We acknowledge that forever.

Whites can be scum too.

They kill eachotjer too.

No one cares either.

So boo frickin hoo.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I can't stand the woman or her clan - to me, they sum up all that is wrong with the world in this day and age.

However, credit where it is due. She believed in something and fought to make a change to really make a difference. I would wager that those critiscising her for this have never done anything similar.

In point of fact, actions like this make me wonder if i have been completely wrong in my assessments of her previously.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Spider879

Who’s bitching about that?

We acknowledge that forever.

Whites can be scum too.

They kill eachotjer too.

No one cares either.

So boo frickin hoo.

And boo fukin hoo to you too.
And No! No! No!, not by a great many folks here, like the person whom I've quoted above, always with the same M.O in almost every thread that have something to do with blk ppl.

Here is how I would have approach the issue, Kim did something positive, Donald Trump responded positively, (his motive neither here nor there) but too boring I guess ,let's stoke racial fire of the bad outta control blacks.

Plus the dude whom I quoted seemed to think local Black folks within those said communities aren't working to alleviate the problems, all it would take is a quick Goole search ffsakes.
edit on 8-6-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Gotta admit... like many others I cant stand that clan and usually as soon as I hear the name I cringe.

But she got stuff done and worked to make the change she wanted happen, wish more people took that approach to life.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Kudos to Kim.

I expect the Kim and Kanye -- or "Kimye" -- bashing to escalate exponentially in direct proportion to the good they continue to accomplish. They have money, fame and attitude. Most important, they don't need government or anyone for a damn thing. Including to stroke their egos. (I get the feeling they do that very well all by their lonesomes!)

I expect more good things from these two.... and I hope and pray that includes others in similar positions following their example.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

"This Is America" focuses a lot on the internal problems facing the Black community. Glover's Emmy-winning show, Atlanta, also focuses heavily on it. So I don't get why you're trying to call him out.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Lebron James has the most jacked up feet of anyone I have ever seen. Like...they were mangled by a cometary impact or something. My son showed me a pic and it gave me nightmares.

That said...the comment about refusing to engage the President, and it costing the entire community an opportunity at engagement, is exactly correct. Its called "Cutting off your nose to spite your face".

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

"This Is America" focuses a lot on the internal problems facing the Black community. Glover's Emmy-winning show, Atlanta, also focuses heavily on it. So I don't get why you're trying to call him out.

Because you know.. Bkl ppl??..

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Apparently Labron thinks that lady shouls be sitting in prison

Just another loser
edit on 8-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Lebron is better on the boards. Kim on the "backside". So it's a tradeoff.

top topics

join