It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bethesda Teasing Fallout Game

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Bethesda appears to be teasing a Fallout game. I'm thinking it has to be a FO3 Remaster but many people seem to think it's a new game. An admin of resetera is claiming it isn't a remaster but the only other thing that really makes sense would be a spin-off game like New Vegas made by another developer, there's no way they could get another Fallout game done so soon. But the fact it's the 10th anniversary of FO3 and Bethesda recently forced a team of modders creating a FO3 remake to halt the project, makes me think there's a very high chance for an official FO3 remake. An online Fallout game also seems some what plausible if they want to get on the bandwagon for apocalyptic online shooters like Rust, DayZ, PUBG, etc. If they can create a nice new take on that concept it could prove to be popular but most Fallout fans hate the idea of a Fallout MMO.
edit on 29/5/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Not to mention, I seen an interview not to long ago about how they wanted to wait to release another Fall Out because the tech they wanted to use wasn't available yet - or something along those lines.
But if they managed to keep it on the down low and where secretly developing a new fall out.
Ill pay up right now.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

E3 starts in 2 weeks so if Beth do have something other than Rage 2 and DLCs then that will be the place to show it , I'd love to see Obsidian Entertainment do another Fallout game as they seem to have more ideas than Beth these days.

Elder Scrolls 6 !

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Please, please, PLEASE release Elder Scrolls 6.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Fallout Online...
Please be true.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre
Please, please, PLEASE release Elder Scrolls 6.

I highly doubt we'll be seeing TeS 6 any time before 2020 unfortunately.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Online??? No. Thanks.

Please eff off with making everything online ffs....

Almost definitely a remaster if it's anything at all. The way they've milked Skyrim it's almost a guarantee...

Would LOVE to be wrong though: New elder scrolls or spin off fallout would be amazing..

That all being said, what about this new space RPG that's been banded about? Cant see them releasing a brand new IP AND a spin off/New instalment of something. They won't want to be competing with themselves...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Count me in for whatever they're doing.

I think a Fallout online makes sense after ES Online, otherwise it's too soon for a part 5.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

I'm starting to think it could be an online Fallout game but also a FO3 remake because if they only do one of those things they'll anger some people, but doing both will please the solo players and those who might want some multiplayer action. Personally I love games like Rust so I'm definitely willing to give an online Fallout game a chance, if they integrate their awesome world designs and some of the base building concepts from FO4 into the game it could become one of my most played games.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Might be Starfield.

Might be a totally unrelated IP like above. Todd Howard said they wanted to start branching out more from TES and Fallout.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
How about this time we don't make it a pos like FO4?
edit on 29-5-2018 by Lysergic because: nerd rage

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Might be Starfield.

Don't think so, Kotaku posted an article with the following quote:

Some fans have also theorized that this might be some sort of remaster of Fallout 3 or Switch port of Fallout 4, but from what we’ve heard, this is a new game, one that takes the series in a brand new direction.

Over 140,000 People Are Watching A Fallout Bobblehead On Twitch

Someone in the comments asked if it was Starfield and author replied "Nope, that’s something else".

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Online?

But ESO sucks.

Rage 1 kinda sucked too lets be real.

Branch out into what?

Games that are rip offs of successful franchizes?

Hey you want fallout bro?

Nah I play Flopout.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The team of mod makers behind the development of the fallout 4 capital wasteland mod have decided to disband fearing that making the mod could affect the job prospects of some of them whom want to or already do work in the game development industry, however F4NV - Fallout 4 New Vegas a complete recreation of Fallout New Vegas and it's DLC's in the Fallout 4 engine is apparently still on track but no release date has been announced as it is a Mod being developed by fan's so may be literally years away if we ever even see it.

So given this an OFFICIAL remaster of fallout 3 would be an eye opener and would itself start a half heart'd backlash against Bethesda by a lot of very disappointed gamers whom had been waiting for that abandoned capital wasteland mod but then felt very let down by the mod's closure when in fact it was VERY far along.

I would however NOT be surprised if Bethesda had rushed development of there next fallout game especially since that development most likely began before fallout 4 was even released and they have a track record of releasing badly bugged games.

Still the best fallout game by far is however Fallout NV AND of course it was not even developed by Bethesda but under licence, rushed and even unfinished when it was released.
There were even mod's for it that added settlement building ability etc BEFORE fallout 4 came out though these were creations of mod makers.

Here are some of the old settlement mod's for that older game.

Look at the Nuka World DLC for fallout 4, they realized how disappointed the fan base was in there last offering and began - but never implemented - there own version of New Vegas but of course near Boston.
The similarity's are three tribes, A mad genius kept alive by a machine, a robot army etc but that is were it changes as if the planned quests and idea's were dropped.
This genius is a head in a jar who has no control over anything, the robot army are simply out of control robots and the three tribes are simply not as cool as the three tribes who ran New Vegas on MR house behalf and instead are mindless raiders with limited and very poor radiant quests.

However fallout 4 was NOT a failure, it was good in it's own right but no where near as good as FNV.
The Settlement quests detract from this game but can be fixed by using mod's such as sim settlement's etc but they still make the game into something that does not know what it want's to be, you want to role play, to explore but instead one of the first quests has you save a group of thankless and ungrateful NPC's then has you built them shelter, beds and plant there food for them as well as build defenses for them - AFTER your character who is supposed to be still in shock from the murder of there spouse and frantically looking for there stolen child after finding them-self in a dead vault and then escaping it into a nearly as dead world.
So the plot stink's, the quests are poor and the game engine has a lot of bug's such as landscape assets popping in after you get somewhere if you have moved there too fast, lod's not unloading properly etc.
Of course if your PC is fast enough and you run it from a SSD then you will most likely not notice the broken engine failing as it does so often.
And yet the game is still compelling, still keep's players hooked even after they have played it through BUT almost to a person they can not wait for that fallout 4 NV remake and once it is out most of them will simply leave the Boston wasteland to play the Mojave based wasteland mod.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb
Online??? No. Thanks.

Please eff off with making everything online ffs....

^^ This cannot be stressed or reiterated enough to express how strongly and sick I feel about almost everything being online multiplayer lately. At the least make it an OPTION.

As far as a new Fallout goes that would be great however please don't recycle all the models and mechanics from Fallout 3 and 4 and call it a new game. That's precisely what made Fallout 4 suck IMO.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

1 million star post imao.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Unpopular opinion: I liked it better than New Vegas.

**SPOILERS**

You wouldn't even have a protagonist if Mr. House had just used one of his robots to retrieve the chip. Hiring you're run of the mill courier to bring you an item you spent millions upon millions of caps for, and was paramount to your grand scheme, seems out of character for what we know about Mr. House. New area to explore and a ton of side quests to distract from a poor main story.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Regarding how sub par ESO was, I can relate.

I think offering an option to go questing with one or two friends online in a new fallout would be neat, however.

edit on 5292018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Might be Starfield.

Don't think so, Kotaku posted an article with the following quote:

Some fans have also theorized that this might be some sort of remaster of Fallout 3 or Switch port of Fallout 4, but from what we’ve heard, this is a new game, one that takes the series in a brand new direction.

Over 140,000 People Are Watching A Fallout Bobblehead On Twitch

Someone in the comments asked if it was Starfield and author replied "Nope, that’s something else".

I did hear a rumor about some sore of "adventure game"...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

So given this an OFFICIAL remaster of fallout 3 would be an eye opener and would itself start a half heart'd backlash against Bethesda by a lot of very disappointed gamers whom had been waiting for that abandoned capital wasteland mod but then felt very let down by the mod's closure when in fact it was VERY far along.

I think there's a substantial chance that Bethesda actually acquired that project and helped make it into the Anniversary Edition, and told them not to speak about it. This is why I think it's likely they will also announce an online Fallout game, because they know an online game will annoy a lot of people and if they can have a Fallout remake to taper some of that hate it could work in their favor without requiring much work on their part.

Still the best fallout game by far is however Fallout NV AND of course it was not even developed by Bethesda but under licence, rushed and even unfinished when it was released.

Fallout 3 is also an awesome game:

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join