It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Puts 'America First' On Hold To Save Chinese Jobs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

like I said, our best assumption is this was done in diplomacy

the narrative continues

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
ZTE's export privileges were taken away for seven years. They also cannot purchase technology from the US. ZTE got in trouble further for not handing out disciplinary actions to executives.

They are dead in the water. How would any help from Trump make him their pet?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

ZTE violated trade sanctions and did business in Iran.

I thought we didn't like Iran.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
post like this are why America is in trouble

Understanding that two sides cannot be entrenched in their position, lobbing grenades at each other. You have to go to no man's land and try to make a deal.

i don't know if people really don't know how to be social anymore or is this just bigotry and bias towards Trump that people cannot think straight?

T

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Oh that's just Google or Apple listening in.

Whenever I talk about something. Ads show up for that product immediately.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
this short compilation is hilarious. when Obama was president even talking to NK was considered apprehensible, even by john Bolton. LOL

link

no doubt in my mind china is behind it all and trump is hugely indebted. maga!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Oh that's just Google or Apple listening in.

Whenever I talk about something. Ads show up for that product immediately.

But you still carry the phone? I mean what's next people complain about alexa?

The difference is china isn't trying to sell ads.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
ZTE's export privileges were taken away for seven years. They also cannot purchase technology from the US. ZTE got in trouble further for not handing out disciplinary actions to executives.

They are dead in the water. How would any help from Trump make him their pet?

He is looking to reverse those penalties (imposed by his own commerce department). He said they cost too many jobs to be lost in China.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

HAHA.....

I usually wear contact lenses, but last week I had a bad case of dry eye so wore my eye glasses a few days instead. I didn't even say anything out loud, and I magically started getting ads for eye glass frames!
edit on 14-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

He said they cost too many jobs to be lost in China.

How many US jobs have been lost to China. Diplomacy is good. Guess we can help Mexico out too while we are at it, just for grins.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Understanding that two sides cannot be entrenched in their position, lobbing grenades at each other. You have to go to no man's land and try to make a deal.

This wasn't a "position" it was a CRIME according to Trump's own Commerce Department just last month when they levied these sanctions that Trump wants to reverse.

In April, the Commerce Department said ZTE had broken its agreement with the U.S. government by giving full bonuses to the employees involved in the illegal Iran sales, failing to reprimand them, and also lying about this to the Commerce Department.

In an April letter setting out the company’s actions, the Commerce Department said the phone-maker engaged in a “extensive conspiracy,” approved by its then-CEO to evade U.S. laws.

“As a result of the conspiracy, ZTE was able to obtain hundreds of millions of dollars in contracts with and sales from Iranian entities to ship routers, microprocessors, and servers controlled under the Regulations for national security, encryption, regional security, and/or anti-terrorism reasons to Iran,” Richard R. Majauskas, acting assistant secretary of commerce for export enforcement, wrote in the April 15 denial order letter to ZTE.

This isn't a disagreement. They sold US Technology to Iran and paid bonuses to the execs that did it and covered it up and then lied to the US about it.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

i don't know if people really don't know how to be social anymore or is this just bigotry and bias towards Trump that people cannot think straight?

T

what it comes down to is the hatred for Trump has lead to a total lack of common sense and decency they are fighting an evil enemy that has been made up by a media driven narrative

the only people who can't see through it are the %150 behind Trump or those who's vile hatred for Trump leads us to nonsensical positions like have been taken in this thread

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

He said they cost too many jobs to be lost in China.

How many US jobs have been lost to China. Diplomacy is good. Guess we can help Mexico out too while we are at it, just for grins.

Not many. We just shed crappy ones.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
well their main supplier of chipsets is qualcomm, an american company, so doing this protects american jobs as well...
edit on 14-5-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: gortex

Can you offer an explanation?

Payback for getting him off the hook with North Korea.

Iran never advanced to Nuclear Tests or Missile capability. They get slammed by this administration and full-on sanctions, agreement shredded.

North Korea launches missiles and tests Nukes? Gets full love by Trump.

What's the message to rogue regimes about Nukes?

North Korea is never giving up it's Nuclear Strike capabilities. Their Nukes have earned them love from the Orange Menace.

China told Kim that Trump was gullible and in need of good PR and to strike while the iron was hot. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to roll over the USA on the world stage.

As best I can tell Trump is North Korea and China's pet.

Hmm... Do you Work for the New York Times ? Good Luck with that..........

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

NOW, Trump is over-riding his Commerce Secretary, directing him to reverse the penalties against ZTE for selling technology to North Korea and Iran??? 

Couldn't there simply be a way to enact different penalties and address concerns and still enable "a way to get back into business"?

Part of negotiating is give and take. If our concerns were addressed re:ZTE/EAR, wouldn't it be possible to enact heavy fines or other sanctions in lieu of an outright transactional ban on them buying components from US suppliers (which, btw, hurts those US suppliers)?

I mean, I don't know what the final deal will look like, but it doesn't seem obvious to me that cutting off our nose to spite are face is the best way to start the art of the deal.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I remember reading about this at lunch and thinking wtf.

Honestly, what's up with this?

China is the currency manipulating financial nemesis of the USA, guess it's some of that 28th dimensional chess everyone keeps blabbing on about.

originally posted by: namehere
well their main supplier of chipsets is qualcomm, an american company, so doing this protects american jobs as well...

Short-term probably, long-term it's going to keep putting money into ZTE. I mean it's not all that complicated to work out that ZTE would lose market share and supply chains, and would inevitably be in a situation where competition would be all that more stronger.

That's my thinking anyways.

There's more politics at play here, this isn't just about saving Chinese jobs... I imagine Trump will get some flak for this, don't you think?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think some of it is Hillary losing to Trump, and some is Trump's personality. However I think the biggest issue is hyper-partisanship. If a Republican is President everything he does is WRONG (to libs), and when a Democrat is President everything he does is WRONG (to cons).

Obama:
o Sat with a dictator at a baseball game (end of the world or diplomacy)
o Made legal policy by deciding NOT to follow the law -DACA (end of America or basic human rights)
o Gave $150 billion to a sponsor of terror (killed as many Americans in Iraq as Iraqies did) - (traitor or diplomacy)
o Ended an established embargo against a communist regime - Cuba (Treason or diplomacy)

Trump:
o Wants to build a wall to defend American borders (end of the world or solid reasoning)
o Made legal policy to end DACA program (National defense or evil nazi campaign)
o Ended deal with state sponsor of terror (diplomacy or rejection of allies)
o Ended embargo of sinle chinese company (treason or diplomacy)

The idea that it's OK when "our" side does it is rediculous. Either you believe a President can make decisions without "Ohmergawd he's a ________ puppet, IMPEACH!" or you believe that some policy should be restricted from one man (checks and balances). Anything else is simply partisan hackery.

edit on 14-5-2018 by 200Plus because: should not have been a reply - my bad

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Another good move by Trump to trigger the naive.

Castling works.

😎💫🚬

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Sorry you Feel that Way.......Deny Ignorance !

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join