It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water divination! It's real!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

he was half right
in fact its the interactions between electrons and a misterious sub-atomic particle nicknamed ether

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

My theory is the bike being metal is magnetised and is drawn towards the water.

I do tend to think that this is not a likely explanation. If it were, the bicycle would be drawn toward the water regardless of who was riding it (or anyone was riding it). Also, you describe a sensation of being 'pulled' toward the water... the bicycle is not part of your body and thus would not be able to be 'felt' if I am understanding the description accurately.

An electrical charge moving through a magnetic field experiences a pull in one direction or another. Since biological processes are inherently ionic (i.e. use charged particles), it is possible that you are being pulled toward the water by a similar force. More experimentation would be needed to determine if and why the effect is real.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

it is possible that you are being pulled toward the water by a similar force.
His arms. In such a manner which directs the handlebars to turn toward the water.
edit on 5/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It would be easy, just install an autopilot on the bike instead of a human driver. If it has to correct away from the water, you might have something.

He might have something. I am skeptical of the magnetized bike theory as well. I only caution you because you tend to look at things as either proven and true, or unproven and false. There is also the category of unproven yet true. That's why we experiment.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Any sideways force on a bicycle will cause it to turn naturally. It wouldn't have to be the arms alone.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

“Look where you want to go.” Even a beginning rider course should teach you that, and it’s sound advice no matter how much experience you gain. The bike is going to go where you’re looking. If there’s a pothole or debris in front of you, or a car pulls out, or an animal runs into your path, don’t look directly at it—look for a way out, where you want to go.

www.cycleworld.com...

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I never claimed target fixation is not real.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I tried the metal rod dowsing back when I was about 20 or so... I did have the knack
but I can't for the life of me use a willow branch/ the 'Y' branch type of dowsing...

I have done searches for waterlines for others, including once for a lost water supply line between buildings and under a parking lot "(all hinderances/obstructions to getting a true reading]
I took 10 minutes but told the person that the overhead powerlines and parking lot lamps were very likely skewing my search...

the lost water supply line was indeed 70% following the overhead power lines

so, I always wondered if the overhead disruptions to the EM Continuum could be dowsed or if pipes/structures/aqueducts that were overhead could also be 'discovered', as well as subterranean pipes/water flow/ out-of-place boulders and other things that cause interference in the EM Continuum that will result in a crossed pair of metal rods due to the vortices that results from the presence of a totally dissimilar object in a different but uniform gravity field.

trust me the attempted explanation of the metal rod dowsing is from the way I was thinking back when I was in my teens & early 20s...before the Matrix overwhelmed me
edit on th31152615841212532018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31152615853912552018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

Do you think it does not apply in the situation as described?
That would be a good thing to try. Don't look at the water.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
There's magic in the water, and there's magic in the sky,
And to all the mothers: you're the magic in my eye.

Happy Mother's Day!
edit on 12-5-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Good thing you can control your legs better than you can your arms. Otherwise you'd just walk right in.

As much as that made me giggle, the bicycle always leans towards the canal.

I blame the Romans.
edit on 12-5-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: What did the Romans ever do for us?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

TheRedneck

You sound like you're talking from experience.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
Yes.
From teaching hang gliding. "Don't watch out for that tree!"

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It's one possibility. It should be considered.

It's the same thing with bigfoot. Could a sighting be a bear? Maybe. Consider that. But it could be something else; consider that as well. But don't lock yourself into one explanation and one explanation only until all other possibilities have been eliminated. From my point of view, with my experiences, I am 100% convinced water witching is real. You are not. That's fair, but you cannot definitively state it is not until you have eliminated all other possibilities.

Run an experiment, and my earlier offer stands. I'll get your name on a scientific journal.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Same thing with driving at night. Don't look at the oncoming lights; look beside them.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

That's fair, but you cannot definitively state it is not until you have eliminated all other possibilities.

And, I've said it's not real. Definitively. Of course.

Oh. Wait...

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Same thing with driving at night. Don't look at the oncoming lights; look beside them.

TheRedneck
That's sort of a different thing though. That's to avoid glare effects.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Er, actually it is to avoid target fixation too. It's human nature to look at a moving light and target fixation means you will likely drive into it.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The bearing of an approaching vehicle doesn't change much until its very close. From a drivers point of view, the light is not moving. But it does get brighter.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

An impact doesn't occur until it's trying to occupy the same space you are at the same time either. So what's your point?

(You realize in a way I am taking your side in this, right? You just feel like arguing today?)

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join