It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wealthier people from other states are moving into California while those with less money move out.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Wealthier people and those from states like New York and Illinois are moving in by the droves to California while young people with less money are bailing out to states such as Texas, Arizona and Nevada, a report from the state’s Legislative Analyst’s Office revealed Wednesday.

As a result, California is increasingly becoming a state only for rich people.

Source Article

For those wondering why, it has a lot to do with the rising costs in California. In order to live in California, you have to have a roommate, live with parents or find a a high paying job. By high paying job, I meant corporate, IT, or Hollyweird. Many of these jobs are very notorious for being hard to get in.

If you don't get any of these, you end up in situations like this:

Me, my friend and many other people are discussing places to move. The places we are considering of moving are the following states: Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Texas and North Carolina.

A lot of us feel that we have no future in this state. Not even trades can help us. In fact, I know one plumber who have to have another job (apartment management) in order to live in his place.

There are no manufacturing jobs since a lot of them went overseas in the 1980s and 1990s due to neoliberal policies.

However, there are quite a few who refused to move and want to take a stand against the rising costs. Many of them are working class minorities who feared moving to the Mid West and South because they see the place as full of KKK and other white supremacist groups.
edit on 5/8/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/8/2018 by eriktheawful because: attempting to fix link

edit on 5/8/2018 by eriktheawful because: Link Fixed

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

your friends are very bigoted and racist.

do you think the reason CA allows the illegals in, is so they have a service class that cannot move away?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm, speechless.

honest opinion.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Interestingly, the white liberals in Beverly Hills are very racist. While they call Trump and conservatives racists, they look down on brown people and think all of them are poor.

I am told by my professor to stay on Western Conservative US states like Utah and Montana and avoid Oklahoma and other Southern states.

(post by JIMC5499 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

So his friends are bigoted and racist according to you, yet “your professor tells ya...” in the next thread.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam
Nvm one is Socrates and the other back to you. All I know is living in Cali is pricey. More so everyday

link   
dup removed

edit on Tue May 8 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
dup removed

link   
dup removed

link   
dup removed

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Cost of living is insane in CA. Even people who make really good incomes are giving second thought to moving there. My wife and I have a 1%er household income and we won't move to CA because it is too expensive. We've turned down job offer because they simply don't pay enough relative to the cost of living. We aren't trying to play the maybe get rich in the tech IPO lottery either...

With that said, the skid road video is a bit misleading... the crackhead and drug addicts living in tent cities are hardly representative of the middle class being squeezed out of CA.

I get why some people love the CA weather, but no way would I move there to live unless money was no object.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If you do move to Nevada stop bringing the liberal policies that made you move out of California in the first place.

I'll never understand why Californians bitch about taxes and onerous regulation only to force that garbage on the states they move to.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Interestingly, the white liberals in Beverly Hills are very racist. While they call Trump and conservatives racists, they look down on brown people and think all of them are poor.

I am told by my professor to stay on the Western Conservative US states like Utah and Montana and avoid Oklahoma and other Southern states.

My favorite place to travel is the Southern states. They are filled with friendly folks and some of the best food around. I am surprised by your professors remarks. He sounds like a bigoted fool.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Sure many are crackheads but some are people who couldn't afford to live in their own place anymore.

In fact in my college (It's in LA), there are homeless students and a lot of them lived in their cars or other various places because they can no longer afford to rent an apartment.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Uhhhh believe it or not, a lot of us working class liberals aren't fan of those rich regressive liberals who run around causing trouble.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
If you do move to Nevada stop bringing the liberal policies that made you move out of California in the first place.

I'll never understand why Californians bitch about taxes and onerous regulation only to force that garbage on the states they move to.

It sounds a bit as if they taught them much faulty thinking then are kicking them out into the world to spread their faulty education into other states.

Government sponsored immigration to dilute states rights over generations.

It would not surprise me to learn that someone had a plan for such in the 90's.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Amen. All I ever hear from emigrant Californians is how much they hate it here.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The middle class and upper middle class are getting crushed by the cost of living and high taxes. A lot of upper middle class people buy homes in AZ,NV or OR and claim them as primary residences to get around the taxes, even though they still live and work here. I wish we could get some super wealthy conservatives to move in to help tip the balance and bring sanity back to this place.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join