It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member seeking answers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I once had what i could only term as a UFO sighting. I was standing out front of my house just generally stargazing/ watching planes etc. It was about 2am and i started to watch a moving light on the far western horizon(i have a 180 degree clear view). This light however seemed different from other lights(plane lights) as i could not see any flashing as you would normally expect of a plane. As i watched it accelerated across the entire horizon, im talking far west to far east in the space of maybe 4 seconds. It then stopped dead and increased greatly in size and brightness, it then proceded to go straight up, stopped again, then sort of flashed(hard to expalin) and then carried on up and just disappeared. It didnt go behind any buildings jsut sort of faded out.

Now, im not agreat believer in aliens and UFO's, more of a fence sitter until i get concrete proof. I would just like input from the people of this site as to possible causes/phenomena.

By the way, i am very impressed with this site and the fact that most topics etc are discussed and answered seriously to a main degree. Keep up the good work

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hi and welcome on ATS

Thanks for your testimony. Lots of similarities with other sightings, like brutal stop and enlargement. To me this was very certainly a real unidentified flying object, cause no known natural or artificial things (to my knowledge) can explain its movements.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hi dude,welcome to ATS!......

what youve described seems to be a text book UFO sighting.....the way the ufo performed its 'in-flight' manouvers seems con current with hundreads of reported sightings.

regards.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
You may also want to research the phenomenon of "Ball Lightning", just to rule out the possibility. Google on it, and see if it fits your sighted events... Just ruling out the plausible before leaping to the fantastic...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome and the replies.

I was hoping someone would say, "oh thats a normal stellar phenomena" but they didnt, oh well, i'm still sitting on the fence

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
madjamjar, Are you having fun yet? Yes, what you have seen has been identified by many.... Myself enculded! Welcome!!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
you seem generally intrested and some skepticism is ok. what you saw wasn't (Necessarily) of alien origin i know a former pentagon associate and asked him if he saw anything while in the military he saw a saucer like craft, when he asked his Superiores what it was they denyed it was even there. he later found it was a military craft. some things to get you thinking: are these beings from another planet or are they ourselves after millions of years of evolution. a single fact makes us ask this question there are (many) genetic scientists that work at area 51. and we can only speculate what they have to be sworn into secrecy under a penalty of death to the scientist and to all his family members.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that of the aliens actually being us but a future us, travelling back to gain samples of us, to restore something in themselves that they have lost.

Yes, i believe there must be other life out there in the vastness of space. Have they visited us yet? i just dont know.

I got to see it to believe it.

On a side note, i once thought that aliens had tried to abduct me. I had all the classic symptoms, frozen in bed, unable to move, i could feel and hear things moving around me, whispering, advancing on me, just on my peripheral vision. I struggled in my mind to move, but couldnt, the panic rose inside me and i strggled harder and harder to move, i felt my self falling and suddenly had all movement back and was hanging out my bed.

This scared the life out of me, i instantly matched it to previous things i had read about abduction. Needless to say and i didnt go back to sleep that night. About a week went by when again, i woke unable to move, but this time there were no noises, i was just frozen. Again i panicked and eventually regained movement. ENough was enough, i researched the net and eventually came up with what i believe happened to me. My mind woke up but my body didnt, it's supposedly quite common and it happens to me about once every few months. I have now grown quite used to it, and generally drop off to sleep, but it is quite disconcerting.

I tend now to think of abductions as more likely to be this after my experience and it makes me less inclined to go with the alien abduction scenario.

Thus it makes me less inclined to believe that we are being visited by another race from a different part of space.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There are also scientists TODAY working on anti-gravity space crafts and they do exist TODAY....they wouldn't necessarily have to be from the future if they are from this planet. Who truly knows how advanced our own technology currently is in this field??

But of course, could have been an alien craft!!

Welcome to the circus!!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Im aware nobody may see this- on the other hand, I dont really care. To start with, I'd like to apologize, I know this discussion was about a UFO sighting- something I'm thankful I'm not reporting. However, I am a "new member seeking answers". So heres the deal- I feel like im being watched.. and I imagine what I would look like through its/their eyes. Its possible that I've seen too many movies, or maybe im partially clairvoyant.. anyhow- maybe they are even watching me type this
. Do you think its even a minute possibility that a grey would invest their time and effort on monitoring my behavior? maybe the gov? (for what I do not know) or I could just be a paranoid schizophrenic, lol..
regardless- its quite unsettling.. and I have, what seems to be a very good intuition- so when something like this happens, I usually feel like I'm right.. you be the judge..

top topics

join