It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant caravan reaches US, Mexico border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Well if you live in Central America please do more to help these people so they don’t have to seek refuge

I don’t mean spend your money or anything, but try to work to change the corruption in those countries so that good people don’t need to flee

I have no idea why these people felt they had to flee but I doubt it is because of corruption.

As a central american I can tell you that if a foot in the door is offered then people will use it to get in.

I will continue to try to hold my government accountable to make sure this country doesn’t become a place that is not desirable, and will argue for my government looking after all of its legal residents before accepting economic migrants like these

So?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That's not entirely true.

They're perfectly welcome to be hired under the table to do yard work and serve as maids.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
so much crying over fifty people in distress?

let them in, let them stay.
Yeah!
Hell just take the whole of South America.
Your attitude is how first world countries becomes third world ####holes.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just announced they've halted all entries for today !!!

A disaster waiting to excel.

😣

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

You can say whatever you want as many times as you want but you don't decide who fulfills the requirements to receive asylum and who doesn't.
Maybe he should decide instead of some bleeding heart politician who has no real world experience of living day to day with economic migrants.
Maybe then the border would actually serve its intended purpose.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

But he doesn't get to decide because he agreed to leave that up to elected representatives.

edit on 29-4-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's not entirely true.

They're perfectly welcome to be hired under the table to do yard work and serve as maids.

Yeah I once wrote a thread on how immoral the argument for illegal immigration is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey they need cheap labor, so who cares what the consequences are!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Just announced they've halted all entries for today !!!

A disaster waiting to excel.

😣

There are 75,000 people in line ahead of them. The Mexico government should set up a tent city, where they can wait their turn.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

That live stream looks like a hell of a lot more than '50'.

It started with 50 but definitely ballooned.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Distress from what exactly?

If its only 50, then where they left from must not be that distressing.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Those 75,000 are normal immigrants, US law says refugees go to the front of the line.

I know it might boil the blood of some but the game is to use the loopholes available, just like when filing taxes.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

honestly i think the money problem could be resolved if we would modernize our tax system, there's trillions of dollars we could access easily if we could figure out how to tax our nation properly, we have plenty to spare just waiting for us to make use of someday.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Those 75,000 are normal immigrants, US law says refugees go to the front of the line.

I know it might boil the blood of some but the game is to use the loopholes available, just like when filing taxes.

Set me straight. Is this caravan from Central America to Mexico an annual thing? That's what I've heard.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Where's the UN ?

[|😳|]

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

According to those that organized it, this is the tenth anual caravan.

ETA: The organization has been active for 15:
Pueblo sin fronteras

For more than fifteen years, members of Pueblo Sin Fronteras have been reaching out to the most vulnerable immigrants in the United States and to migrants and refugees on the move.

edit on 29-4-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Distress from what exactly?

If its only 50, then where they left from must not be that distressing.

Havent you ever been in distress?

I mean when you are and someone says let me help you we will grant you asylum, you would be in such distress that you say "No thank you!"

Then you walk hundreds of miles taking days.

Then finally when you get to the next country, you say "Ok now I will take some help"

Cause thats apparently what people in distress do.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It’s perfectly legal under international and American law to allow these people to apply for legal asylum.

They are not doing anything criminal but are largely victims of their own countries violence

I hope and pray we can find a solution to these issues for these people and the countries involved.

America shouldn't be unfairly burdened with the problems of other countries, but this country is still a beacon for freedom and an asylum retreat for those in real need.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: toysforadults

Well there ya go people. Possibly the dumbest thing said today on ATS. So if someone is working and paying taxes somehow yours will go up? ... If you don't like the system feel free to GTFO.

Yes! GTFO! All you Americans should GTFO!

These people are fleeing the brutal war in Syria. Thank God they have friends and family who are already in gangs here to help them apply for welfare. I would not be surprised if we found out that Honduras was gassing thousands of its' own people.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

So 10 years ... meaning 8 years of Obama and now this is the second year of Trump?

In other words, Obama started not enforcing the laws, and now they're upset because Trump is trying to say he would like to start enforcing them again?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you saying Trump didn't enforce them last year?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join