It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corruption of Fox News Media

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja

Perhaps you should work for Fox news since you like to insult Canada so much.

I am not insulting Al Canadah, they insult themselves.

God, don't you just love IRONY?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I when you say Al Canadah it is insulting. I find it abusive and hateful.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I find the way you refer to the bible as "YOUR BIBLE" offensive....I find your support for homosexual dysfunction immoral and offensive. Obviously you do not respect the opinion of others... what guarantees your opinion be respected? This is not a new topic. You are not ignorant to this opinion and position of the Christian faith.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I find your support for homosexual dysfunction immoral and offensive.

I'm assuming you are refering to the gov'ts policy on same-sex marriage. If so, you will note that, as with all issues like this, Canadians are seperated on this. To say that ALL Canadians support this would be the height of ignorance. It would be the same as accusing all Americans of being murderers just because your gov't has an aggressive, illegal foriegn policy.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Damn straight I don't respect your opinion. You want to nuke Canada!

Canada should be nuked... they are morally bankrupt. Absolutely worthless!

I don't care what your religion is. I was bringing up the observation that its okay to murder 32 million people, but its not okay for 2 people who love each other to get married.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Damn straight I don't respect your opinion. You want to nuke Canada!

Canada should be nuked... they are morally bankrupt. Absolutely worthless!

I don't care what your religion is. I was bringing up the observation that its okay to murder 32 million people, but its not okay for 2 people who love each other to get married.

Sure Umbrax, don't you think that is what Christ would do?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm assuming you are refering to the gov'ts policy on same-sex marriage. If so, you will note that, as with all issues like this, Canadians are seperated on this. To say that ALL Canadians support this would be the height of ignorance. It would be the same as accusing all Americans of being murderers just because your gov't has an aggressive, illegal foriegn policy.

The highest form of Law in Al Canadah has stated Gay's can get married and that religions do not have to be forced to take part. Is this disputed?

As far as the "illegal war", as a US citizen and a taxpayer, I am tired of paying for 12 straight years of NON STOP military action inside Iraq while Saddam Hussein does nothing but prolong this and disrespect his promise made that allowed a cease fire. The UN authorized the US to start military actions in 1991, and Military action has not stopped since. Take your bleeding heart tears for Saddam's rape rooms and torture chambers elsewhere, I am not concerned.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Kinja, did the priest "bless" you in a inappropriate way when you were a kid so you try to make christianity look bad, or do you really think it ok to nuke someone because they don't suck up or brown nose?

Anyways, no Bush Babies have said anything about the reporters fired for not lieing as told by Fox Uppers. Or that Bush has family working for Fox, or is it Fox working for them? Have your family keep your propaganda machine in line.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Quote: "They reproduced through adoption. Sounds pretty Homosexual to me. Repent or risk Burning in Hell!"

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA - That was a Good One!

Oh man I am Laughing so Hard I am Crying! Thanks I needed that!

First of all YOU do not speak for all Christians! Secondly YOU are NOT God - YOU do NOT get to decide who gets to go to Heaven or Hell or anything of the Sort! Your Hateful Ignorance is more than apparent to anyone reading your disgraceful postings on this Thread - you Degenerate - Poor Excuse for a Human Being! STOP putting words into GOD's & Jesus' Mouth!

You are no REAL Christian - just a Nazi Hate Monger pretending to be one!

P.S. Yes you got one part right -> the Essenes were a Gnostic Sect!

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Quote: "They reproduced through adoption. Sounds pretty Homosexual to me. Repent or risk Burning in Hell!"

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA - That was a Good One!

Oh man I am Laughing so Hard I am Crying! Thanks I needed that!

First of all YOU do not speak for all Christians! Secondly YOU are NOT God - YOU do NOT get to decide who gets to go to Heaven or Hell or anything of the Sort! Your Hateful Ignorance is more than apparent to anyone reading your disgraceful postings on this Thread - you Degenerate - Poor Excuse for a Human Being! STOP putting words into GOD's & Jesus' Mouth!

You are no REAL Christian - just a Nazi Hate Monger pretending to be one!

P.S. Yes you got one part right -> the Essenes were a Gnostic Sect!

Where did I decide your eternal Fate or was that your Imagination?

Got reading comprehension? If you do try using it. Don't fill in blanks with whatever comes to mind... just read what I wrote and comprehend. Perhaps english is your second or third language? Maybe someone else could relate what I said in English to you.
Perhaps you should re-examine the Laws God gave to Moses. In this instance, Leviticus.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Essenes were a group of jews who followed the "greek traditions" and rejected women and marriage. They reproduced through adoption. Sounds pretty homosexual to me. Repent or risk burning in hell!

There ya go

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wasn't, You shall not murder one of the laws?
Or how about You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Wasn't, You shall not murder one of the laws?
Or how about You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor?

Exodus 20:13 - Thou shalt not kill.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

The difference, for those lacking cognitive thought, is Innocence.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So you admit that the bible contradicts itself. How come I say it contradicts itself I am a sinner, you just put up PROOF it is bs, and yet you are a christian........

Anyways, WHAT ABOUT THE REPORTERS FOX FIRED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH/NOT LIEING AS ORDERED! No one has said anything about them, guess it like the gay prostitute Bush&Co planted to suck up/ask softball questions, it is something you can't defend, not even with a whole platoon of gay prostitutes.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I just quoted you! Here let me do it again:

Quote: "*Sounds pretty* Homosexual to *me*.

*Repent or risk Burning in Hell*"

First of all I am not a Homosexual - did you accuse me of being one - we will let the people decide! Secondly - It "Sounds to You" means NOTHING - unless you were alive 2000 years ago & hung out with the Essenes Personally!

"Repent or risk Burning in Hell" - what else more do I have to say! Do you always threaten strangers that you don't know & have met for the first time on a Web Site of being Homosexuals that will Burn in Hell?
You PIG!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
We need an 'O'rielly is a scum-bucket who sucks the BDD' thread...
I hate that excuse for a man.
Every time i see him, i cross my fingers and hope he's going to off himself, live on air.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Who's cousin works at Fox News? GWB's cousin John Ellis.

Haven't played at this thread yet because...Well, fact is Fox News is biased. As is every other news medium out there. Fox just happens to have a conservative bias while the others have liberal biases and that drives many people nuts. Fair and balanced my patookus is right. That is just a catch phrase, though, like "The best a man can get" was for Gillette razors back in the day.

Now as to the family relations, that's a bunch of bs. Who cares? My mom is a senior officer at ABN Amro, my grandfater impeached Bill Clinton, and a cousin of mine owns the JimmyJohns franchise. Yeah, they're my family and I'd take a bullet for any one of them, but that doesn't mean I will agree with their ideology no matter what. You may have heard I broke my hand recently. It was not, as I've told most people, a ping pong accident. I was being rather unchristian and reacted to a family member's total disrespect for me violently. I didn't break my hand on his backbone while punching him in the chest, as I almost did, but rather

I fought the hutch and the hutch won.
I fought the hutch and the hutch won

Yet he's my family. I would still take a bullet for him. However, I would also take a bullet before I agreed with him. Just because someone is family, it doesn't mean you back them completely. I have never spouted the wonders of ABNAmro on this thread. Yet my mom works for them. She used to work for Pink Elephant as the director of North American operations, but since leaving them has no loyalty to them at all. I'm going to assume Cheney is the same way because I've seen it in my own life (totally off topic, but I thought I'd throw that in
)

Just because a family member does something it doesn't mean you lose all credibility. That's the wonder of our culture. Many hold you personally accountable for your family member's actions. America does not, because we respect you as an individual. You are not your mother or father, you are you. You are accountable for you, and no one else.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well, at least CNN and MSNBC have democrat and republican hosts, more then one of each! And the owner, wait, who owns Time Warner? They own CNN, are they registered democrats? And does any Clinton or Kerry member work at CNN or MSNBC?

But good point, my siser is a avid Bush Baby, I love her, she my sis, but I don't agree with her on her political veiws. But still, the guy is a Bush, all the other Bush's are right wing oil political scumbags, who's to say this one isn't either?(except Bush kids, they aren't old enough yet to run for office, yet, just wait, when they turn 30 both will become just like daddy, uncles, 2nd cousins, grandaddy, grandma, mom, so forth)((This why i like you JJ, you make good points, and you use wit to make a point, no blinders for you))

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
CNN and MSNBC may have a mix of political figures, but Fox does, too, to a degree. However, I totally disagree with the whole thing. As I was telling a friend the other day, blogs are changing the entire MSM. I think it's great, because they're holding the media accountable for its bias. Just look at Rather and Gannon. If media outlets would just report the news with no hidden agendas and let editorials handle the spin, this country would be far better off.

Oh yeah, and on media bias, we really need to make the government stop supporting NPR with finances. That, however, is an entirly enw thread.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Firstly, quite an interesting thread. From an opinion from an Australian who gets News TV from the US (CNN, NBC, FOX, CBS and ABC), UK (SKY NEWS) and Australia I can tell you from my point of view that the US media is largely centrist except for FOX who are to the right. What one must remember is that while many reporters have their own views they must also tow the corporate line, they work in a corporation and they must not do or say things that displeases their bosses.

The most fair and balanced TV station in Australia is run by the government, the state owned TV station ABC. They are fair and balanced because they are allowed to be independent because they are run and paid for by the australian people and not by corporations and corporate interests. Many ABC programs are usually always the first to expose scandal's in our country that other media stations won't touch because of varying corporate interests and they won't hop on the bandwagon until someone else reports the scandal and they (the entity in the scandal) are down on the ground and ripe for the kicking.

I believe this would be similar in Canada as well.

James The Lesser, if I had any more votes left i'd vote for you this month, it's a good topic

As for Canada, Canada is an exemplary nation that is socially oriented, modern and a progressive society. Canada is an enviable country that shows what a 21st century society should be like and I am always saddened to see American's attack Canada because they are militarily weak and largely anti-war so the American mindset doesn't respect Canada and largely sees them as a leech on the side of the American torso.

On homosexuals, god loves all of his creations and I don't think our lord christ would take kindly to some of the statements said here that are full of anger and hatred. The bible is essentially full of contradictions and I personally take what is said in the old testament with a grain of salt at best. One must remember that the bible isn't the direct and true word of god, it is the word of prophets who are only human and distortions have occured. I feel a good christian loves his neighbour, loves his brother and loves his fellow man, I also believe a good christian never condones violence nor pre-emption but only would use force in a purely defensive role. If a homosexual couple love god and jesus, they will be forgiven and will be able to enter heaven. This is why god sacrificed his only son for us, because we humans aren't perfect and we all sin.

thanks,
drfunk

[edit on 19-2-2005 by drfunk]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join