It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 inmates dead, 17 injured after hours of rioting at South Carolina prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... ?utm_term=.6b01def9d8d3

Several fights broke out among inmates in three separate housing units at the Lee Correctional Institution around 7:15 p.m. Sunday, and it took authorities more than 7 1/2 hours, until 2:55 a.m. Monday, to secure the prison, officials said. No officers or staff members were among those killed or harmed, the corrections department added.

Looks like a prison implosion...

No explanation in the article for the riot...

www.usatoday.com...

second link and still no explanation..

www.nytimes.com...

Third article looks alike the others...
I suppose the reason for the riot is beside the point of no body cares.
However i think i could be an important factor to know as to not have a repeat.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
historically prison riots start over control of drug sales. guards and wardens get payed big money to look the other way while the drugs come in. when a war breaks out they stand back and let the winner continue paying them. this is the reason it almost always takes weeks to make up the official story. they have to cover themselves to make sure they dont get arrested themselves

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to: howtonhawky

Sadly fightzone is correct, the prison system is highly corrupt and you wouldn’t believe the things that are allowed to happen in there.

Look up a guy named Shaun Attwood, he’s got a YouTube channel where he talks in depth about his time behind bars and how things work in there.

You’d be surprised just how accurate movies like “shot caller” are.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Note to self: Stay out of prison.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fightzone58

As a jailbird, I can confirm. At the prison I go to a couple nurses are the ones bringing them in. Aside from the normal prison wallet method.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: wlasp

lol the ole wallet system...

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I wonder who were the inmates that died and if they were killed for other reason, and the riot covered it up.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SammyB0476

Yeah, riots are often started to get at a specific inmate.
Unless you mean by the guards, who don't go to that much trouble to cover it up. I've witnessed some savage beatings and been near a death (though I didn't directly see it as I was on lockdown) at the hands of guards. They don't bother with stories like that because most of the people who act in ways that get them killed inside don't have people that care that much who aren't also criminals, most of whom are in and out of jail and couldn't organize anything to make an issue. It's also not how we handle things. I had very good cause to sue for spending 4 months on LOAP (loss of all privileges, which is segregation with no mattress, books, toothbrush, showers, etc). Where I live this is against the law. But that's not how I was raised. If a guard does something to an inmate, they are more likely to be followed home from work and take a permanent leave of absence. People outside of prison really don't care enough about people inside of prison to make an elaborate hoax necessary..

top topics

join