It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico - Good NAFTA deal or more illegals!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

Or their government all considering.. If you were part of Mexico's government wouldn't you want your people working bringing peso's in for the harvest?
so to speak.. It's early bear with me.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Why don't they set these demands on the Mexican government? Get us work and get rid of the gangs so we don't have to travel this far for work.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
In Russia they shoot any illegal who tries to enter Russia. In Russia there isn't a single illegal. Politically, no feasible in the US.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Mexicans have a lot of Spanish blood.
Where do they get the gall to complain about "European invaders?"

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So after all the blustering and threatening against Mexico by the President and his sycophants, Mexico threatens back so you want to blow up NAFTA? PFT! Stop throwing stones as we live in a rather large glass house, mate.
edit on 3-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunShines
In Russia they shoot any illegal who tries to enter Russia. In Russia there isn't a single illegal. Politically, no feasible in the US.

until recently mexico sed to shoot illegals on their S border.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

They didn't say they would invade. They said they would stop policing their side of the border and let the immigrates from OTHER south american countries pass through.

What they are saying is that our illegal immigration would be even worse here in the states if not for mexico stopping a lot of it.

It isn't the mexicans he is talking about, it's the people from south america and those that come from all over the world and pass through mexico to get here.

Basically they are saying why should they help us by policing their north border if we are just going to piss on them.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

And if I'm not mistaken, a large chunk of our foreign aid to Mexico goes to security, policing, counter-narcotics operations, and countering organized crime there. So cutting aid to Mexico and hurting its economic stability would also hurt us in that way.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
OH, IT'S ON!

dailycaller.com...

Trump: We Will Guard Our Border With Our Military

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Not if we had a wall....

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Just seen that a little while ago. Seems good to have a President stand for the US instead of ruling through popularity polls like the last one did.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I have always believed that a stable and prosperous mexico would be the best fix for our border issues.

Turn all of mexico into the "wall".

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: scraedtosleep

And if I'm not mistaken, a large chunk of our foreign aid to Mexico goes to security, policing, counter-narcotics operations, and countering organized crime there. So cutting aid to Mexico and hurting its economic stability would also hurt us in that way.

After we have a wall and start defending our borders will it even matter? If mexico becomes a NARCO state we and the UN shall LIberate them with tanks,bombs,and all the freedom we can fire at them.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

If I break the law they remove me from my family too, and I dont get to go back to a country or be free to move around. I get to sit in an 10x10 cell, walk in chains anywhere I go, and go outside when they TELL me to.

So can we please stop with the faux outrage

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sunShines

You must be Russian.

Problem with your propaganda is it can be fact checked.

Currently 4 million Illegals in Russia

And thats not even fishing thruogh the rest of the google results.

Nice Try Borace

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

To my fellow Americans, we're being OFFICIALLY threatened by Mexico now. Who says this isn't war?

Mexico better be nice or will bring some freedom and democracy to them.

That shock and awe might get dusted off.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Mexico could pull back on cooperation in migration and security matters if the United States walks away from talks to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, the Mexican economy minister said in a newspaper report published on Thursday.

So they're going to go from doing nothing to doing less than nothing? End NAFTA now, build the damn wall, place National Guardsmen along the wall with live ammo and K9 units, and screw Mexico and their mess of a country.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Who had the ability and power to stop them, to defend the Americas from "white people?" Now, look at today... epic butthurt and hyperbole because America does have the ability, the strength to stop today's invading force and by God people are sure upset when we hint at using it.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I thought you guys were supposed to be pro-business? Or at least good at business? Launching trade wars with your biggest trade partners is just stupid.

Who's launching a trade war? We're demanding fair treatment economically. If a trade war is launched, it will be Mexico who launches it.

If I am running a store and a certain group of people are stealing from my store, it is not bad business to stop them from stealing... even if it ticks off others that shop there! And make no mistake, NAFTA as is is simply codified theft. We agree not to place tariffs on Mexico, and they agree to not place tariffs on us. That sounds fine, but then their poorer economy means our businesses relocate there and we lose jobs due to it. Then their people come here illegally and abuse our good will by soaking up money in social programs or taking what few jobs are left. That's not free trade. That is taking advantage.

Now we have Mexico threatening us with increasing their export of poor people?

I like to try and liken these international agreements to a domestic business deal. Say you and I are discussing cooperation for mutual benefit; we both make products the other needs. We agree on a fair amount of profit we will charge each other. Then you start making the same products I am, and pull my other business away while not buying as many of my products. At the same time, you pay your employees so little that they need help to survive and send them to my business so they can take food from my employees lounge. They start threatening and harassing my employees. I keep to the spirit of the agreement and complain about it. You respond by threatening to send more people to disrupt my business.

Sorry, but that's when I set up security around my business and break off the deal we had. If you're going to undercut me and then try to sabotage me, we're not doing a deal. That's good business. I don't care if you complain about my actions, because it's costing me money and business and employees to keep doing business with you.

In reality, I would likely find other companies to do business with and make damn sure I never bought another single thing form you... I might go so far as to undercut my prices, taking a temporary loss, just to shut you down.

That quote from you above just summarizes what so many people don't get: fair trade must be fair; good business does not mean letting others take advantage; equity means both sides benefit overall. That is not what we have with Mexico.

I will agree with the suggestions I saw above that our best solution would be to help Mexico become a first world economy. I can think of nothing that would work better. But Mexico has to agree to try and become a first-world economy, and we cannot just shovel money into a third-world economy to make it happen.

So, unless Mexico decides overnight that they want to shrug off the corruption, stop the drug cartels once and for all, and start policing the border and stopping the coyotes, we need a wall, we need the National guard until it is built, we need immediate deportation for all illegal immigrants, we need prison time for anyone who harbors an illegal immigrant (both employers and politicians), and we need to start shooting anyone who crosses in the middle of nowhere. Then, and only then, can we try to establish a more humane immigration policy. You just don't try to help a poor thief while he's still robbing your house.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The problem is the math, man. In 2017 we were budgeted to spend $43.8 million on peace and security related programs in Mexico.

An additional $43.8 million is devoted to promoting peace and security, including counter-narcotics operations and combating transnational crime.

Direct US Aid to Mexico: How Much and What it Pays For

For the 2018-2019 year, we're budgeted to spend almost $79 million on aid to Mexico, including $49.66 million on peace and security related programs in Mexico.
www.foreignassistance.gov...

However, that stupid wall is expected to cost $25 billion, which is the number Trump's own administration officials have been pushing. In other words, US taxpayers would be spending at least 500 times more on the wall than on the existing peace and security programs and more than 316 times more than we're projected to spend in Mexico altogether. How is that a good deal?!

This is one of the things I'm talking about when I question the supposed business prowess of these proposals. It's like most of you only look at these things as emotional issues and never actually crunch the numbers to see if these stupid proposals make fiscal sense. "Let's replace $50 million in taxpayer costs with $25 billion in taxpayer costs and pretend that it's a good deal for the taxpayers." (facepalm)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join