It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hard time for Cali?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I love Southern California and always have a great time on my business trips out there and business is great!

But I have a great time wherever I go.

edit on 1-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
You reckon that could explain the international adverts here and in Oz calling for people?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I turned down a job a few years ago in San Francisco. They offered 250K salary and that (according to the cost of living there) would not have been enough for me and my family to live on.

250k and cant live sounds nuts, you'd be a king here.

I'd be a king most places with half that.

It's nuts there.
edit on 1-4-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Me, too. Will be living in SW Florida Gulf in 2 weeks. My redneck heaven. And Cheap. And nice weather. Cali is like a different country compared to over here.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Its what Florida did before the housing crash, its still expensive to live there but they are no longer losing people so badly.

Had a friend all proud about negotiating a "good deal" for his kid in san fran, kid was going to pay 1000+ a month for a 1 room studio apartment. Where I live in Oklahoma that much money will get you a very nice house and some land.

*shrugs* so its all in perspective I guess, I would never live in such an expensive area unless my boss was picking up the tab.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yup California dreaming near Disneyland

Was that in the CA advertising?
edit on 1-4-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Me, too. Will be living in SW Florida Gulf in 2 weeks. My redneck heaven. And Cheap. And nice weather. Cali is like a different country compared to over here.

Oh geez, so envious!
I will be there soon enough though, just a few. more. years.
I miss it deeply and folks who despise Florida can't understand my longing.
I spent many years there and consider it my home above all others.
I love the people, the scenery both beach and inland , and just can't hardly wait.
I hope you have green grass and high tides and enjoy!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

All my kid gets from me is good luck and a smile whatever his plans!
But he's seen Cali calling him on his media so fair one, if I was his age...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Is your son white?

Seems like such a stupid question but a white male looking for work in Cali is going to be passed up by anyone with enough "oppressed minority"points.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Nope, they definitely did not show that ad.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Truth it was not in any Cali adverts I've seen in the UK, but I was aware from threads on ATS.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Seems to me they are using the MJ sales tax to promote California. Having lived there in the past for quite a few years and owning 2 businesses, I got to say, when the economy is moving its a good place to live outside any major sht hole city.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Oh, thanks-so excited. Born in Atlanta, but grew up in Miami-Hollywood area-plus Tennessee, Alabama and 20 horrid years in Minnesota. So, I do know how to appreciate that part of Florida. Easy living-beautiful beaches-so much fun-love the mix of cultures too. Sorry, it's gonna be years for you but I've hit the retirement button and know just what I want.

Cali is fun to visit-a short visit.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Is your son white?

Seems like such a stupid question but a white male looking for work in Cali is going to be passed up by anyone with enough "oppressed minority"points.

White and skilled, he can always get the next flight home if it didn't work out. I'd pay for it if he was skint.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Sadly, the skill part may not matter. That said, anything is worth a shot.

Personally, you couldn't pay me enough to live there. Which seems to be a common theme given the mass exodus that's taking place from there.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Bloody hell, seems the world of the Beach Boys ain't no more!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
Yup California dreaming near Disneyland

Was that in the CA advertising?

Looks like the Philippines

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Yea the surfer boy life style looks great, the problem is that died by the mid '80s id guess, but to be honest I have never been there for long usually while passing through for the military.

So your mileage may vary...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Still better than my parts, can freeze to death in a tent 3 months of the year here.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Yea the surfer boy life style looks great, the problem is that died by the mid '80s id guess, but to be honest I have never been there for long usually while passing through for the military.

So your mileage may vary...

Friendly people and cash for anyone willing to work hard is the key to a nice place.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join