It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Possible Bigfoot Chunking a Tree

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Video of a dark figure chunking a small tree, possibly in protest of the presence of an oil crew in Alberta.
The guy does a fair job of analyzing the footage.
If it was a guy in a monkey-suit he is one tough dude.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Bear- they are playful

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Have seen this earlier, it's obviously inconclusive but doubt it's a bear, and the throwing motion if it is an animal is very close
to what it looks like when a chimp or gorilla throws something. On top of the weight and length its unlikely its a human just throwing something while dressed up.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Looks a lot like a bear in every way.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Its a bear in a monkey suit

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

if its a bear how is is it throwing a tree like a javelin, just the throwing motion is what I'm referring to. Cause it looks like it's facing towards where it's throwing the tree

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I share this video for a laugh, but in reality? There are too many unanswerable variables here to conclusively say yea or nay.
If the tree had been dead for a while, and somewhat dried out, it could weigh less than half of what it would if it were green. Also having personally worked as an arborist for half a decade, I learned by necessity techniques to really huck wood far. I have myself had to handle, and toss comparible sized limbs in various circumstances, and I'm not some body builder. Though I'll admit performing that throw one handed is amazing.
It's too bad the OP's video is so foggy, because it is intriguing.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Looks a lot like a bear in every way.
It looks like an indistinct critter in the fog. I don't know that bears are known to hurl objects. I'm not a bear behavior expert.
I've never heard anyone complain that a bear was throwing small trees at them.
Primates are known to hurl objects ranging from poo to sticks and stones.
It well could be a bear, but there is no way to make a firm analysis.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: KansasGirl

if its a bear how is is it throwing a tree like a javelin, just the throwing motion is what I'm referring to. Cause it looks like it's facing towards where it's throwing the tree

I agree- it looks like it's facing the direction that it throws. Looks like a bear who hurls an object and then slams back down onto the ground (its front paws) as an opposite reaction to the force spent throwing the tree.

Can a bear throw a tree like this? Yes.

But it's a crap fuzzy video, so either or both of us could be way wrong.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This could have been rigged with a pully system tied to the tree and a furry cloth hung over to hide the throw. The throw kinda looks mechanical from what I can see in the blurry video.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Bears definitely hurl things. And bears are STRONG. There is some serious power in the body of a bear. Bears can break into locked cars. Bears can crush down the top of a car. They are no joke.

But yes, the video is absolute crap (in the sense that we can see pretty much zero meaningful detail- or ANY detail, really), so it could be a St. Bernard, for all we know. To me, the way it moves (or what we can see, anyway) looks just like a bear. But I defer to you- we don't know what it is so we may as well say it's moe likely to be Bigfoot, because bears don't hurl objects.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Also, friends: the guys who are taking this video do not act in any way as if they are seeing a Bigfoot. They are cool cucumbers. It's not the bear/Bigfoot/hog/Santa Clause/gorilla/alien that they are remarking on; they are remarking that the thing threw the tree.
edit on 31-3-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hard to say much BUT it's either a bear or unknown known commonly called Bigfoot.

Bears don't throw with an over the shoulder motion, but that could just be a trick of perspective ... and then there's the problem of actually gripping a sapling and throwing it with one limb and bears not having thumbs.

Take all the more serious evidence and reports, tho, and ol' BF has more reality than most think ... disregarding those poor, ofttimes credible souls who actually see the guy.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: skunkape23

Bears definitely hurl things. And bears are STRONG. There is some serious power in the body of a bear. Bears can break into locked cars. Bears can crush down the top of a car. They are no joke.

But yes, the video is absolute crap (in the sense that we can see pretty much zero meaningful detail- or ANY detail, really), so it could be a St. Bernard, for all we know. To me, the way it moves (or what we can see, anyway) looks just like a bear. But I defer to you- we don't know what it is so we may as well say it's moe likely to be Bigfoot, because bears don't hurl objects.
I can say with some certainty that it was not a large dog.
I have no doubt that bears are incredibly powerful.
A bear is a creditable candidate.
The "bear in a monkey suit is even more interesting."
It does appear to be dropped on all fours.

But...just maybe.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The most popular theory on this video ? It was a catapult on the ground. And a person in a suit.
Someone made a video that did just that. Turned out the same.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Maybe it's a big foot throwing a tree?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Its a bear in a monkey suit

Obviously this guy knows whats up.

can't believe how gullible some of you are

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoseaintcontrails
This could have been rigged with a pully system tied to the tree and a furry cloth hung over to hide the throw. The throw kinda looks mechanical from what I can see in the blurry video.

I saw this video when this analysis was done in January. I originally thought as you did. Anytime I see anything questionable (or not) in nature I want to debunk it. However, I cannot arrive at an effective way to throw this tree (as a hoax) in the manner it is actually thrown. If you have ever thrown a javelin or even a make shift spear you can see this was thrown by it's base to get the launch trajectory it had. Identical to how one would throw a javelin or spear. It also looks like what ever is throwing this leans forward onto it's left hand for throwing leverage which would make sense as well.

I think the guy (Thinker Thunker) does a really good job at trying to debunk videos of this nature and for the most part I agree with his assessment of the size of the tree. To set up some type of a pulley system to launch this tree in the manner it is thrown would require quite a bit of effort. It would also have to have the top part of the tree stabilized before the throw otherwise it would simply fall over. I don't see how a pulley system would work in this scenario and I cannot come up with any other scenario as a means to imitate a throwing action or trajectory.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
How come all these videos are so fuzzy and murky, cameras have come a very long way since the P-G film era but we still can't get a crisp, focused effort?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

Its Bruce Lee reincarnated as a bear...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join