It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else here deal with Horse people?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I've been doing this now, for about 6 years. My wife grew up around them, so knows far more about them than I do.
We own 2 (a paint and a palamino). We board 4 others (3 different boarders).

But, over the years, we've had multiple boarders...some with multiple horses.

First off, I've come to the determination that all Horse people are insane to a degree. (this includes my wife). I mean, let's face it, even if you have the space like we do for them, the stables, etc., it's STILL $150 per month to basically feed each one. For boarders, now add on the cost of boarding (and we are CHEAP).....so, there's some general insanity there to start with.

However, I've also determined that horse people get exponentially MORE insane if they own more than one horse (so yes, my wife is crazy to the 2nd power). In the past, when we've had those with multiple horses, the more horses they had, the crazier they were (and typically, the more money they skipped out on when they fell behind in board payments).

Am I just unlucky with this, or have others in the horse biz dealt with this same strange ratio of horses to crazy?
edit on 29-3-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

LOL

Many moons ago a friends girlfriend was an avid horse person. She claimed to have her first, well, um, 'climax' while riding a horse, and that all women experience this and is part of the thrill about it. We were all like NO WAY, and all that sort of thing, and she insisted on it.

Have you ever heard anything like that?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I have heard this many times. I believe it is possible. I would say that the up/down movement would put some pressure on the pubic bone of a female which tends to be an area that likes a good workout for that sort of endeavor.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Dated an avid equestrian for a few years. Can confirm: she was crazy. Her crazy/hot ratio was off the charts. Her mom, also a competitive equestrian, was also both crazy and hot.

They were good people, but absolutely insane.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
As long as the crazy to hot scale was followed, lol....

Yep, some of our boarders have been cute, but not the crazier ones.....

Yep, absolutely true I'm told (and with motorcycles too). I know our ranch hand gal used to love to ride for this reason (and wasn't shy about telling me that, LOL).....

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
once in a while I do deal with horse people, it is kind of hard to understand them when they are sick.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

LOL

Many moons ago a friends girlfriend was an avid horse person. She claimed to have her first, well, um, 'climax' while riding a horse, and that all women experience this and is part of the thrill about it. We were all like NO WAY, and all that sort of thing, and she insisted on it.

That's not true. I never did and love horses.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Awww, disappointed ...thought someone else finally encountered The Horse-people, as my own experience was on the high plains in the middle of frikkin nowhere, and they are apparently a vanishing breed using mustangs as a cover. (add: remembering which site I'm on- kidding)

But people who own horses? All kinds of mostly harmless crazy... but they are certainly more "interesting" than the usual and yeah, more than the usual ratio of hot, crazy women ride... not hard to suss the reason.

The financial problems come from a certain proportion that equate horse ownership with "high society" and overextend themselves to impress.
edit on 3/29/2018 by Baddogma because: add info to belay falsity

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well my only experience dealing with a crazy horse Lady was a customer who's horse farm we did a granite counter install job for. She ended up freaking out because she paid, apparently for 1 1/4" slabs of stone...uhhh.not only are slab sizes inconsistent but they sell them in CM so what she paid for was actually a 3cm slab which is actually only 1.181 inches. She used a measuring tape to check found out it was less than a 1/16"th thinner than 1 1/4". She freaked out, threw the measuring tape at the head installer, they started screaming at eachother, they both phoned the shop and yelled.at the receptionists. I just went outside and chilled.with the lady's dogs. In the end she wanted us to rip everything out and redo it. We ended up taking it out, waiting a week and reinstalling the same counters. When we went back she was polite to the point of hitting on me and the other installer in creepy, crazy cougar way....she was fairly unpleasant. She had many horses and her entire house was decorated in horse themed #.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I had several 'horse' people growing up and one was my sister. I got a car and she got a horse. It worked out to about even with the insurance and car payment offset by the cost of her horse and boarding. I think I got a much better deal with the car, but whatever makes you happy.

I also dated a girl when I was 16 she had a horse. I had to help her muck her stables as part of the fun of dating her. She was nuts for the horse. Eventually I didn't think dating her was worth the crazy.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yes, some are cray cray. It's not so much the horse ownership thing as it is the money thing.

A hobby shouldn't effect your quality of living. Down in Florida I see a ton of horse properties daily.

On a most of the lots it's the same thing. 80k dollar diesel dually, 40k dollar gooseneck, completely destroyed lot, run down barn, dumped cars and garbage, a general lack of maintainence all around and a dirty trailer to live in.

I used to stock barns with hay, for a summer, never again.

It was pretty fun riding through Mc Donalds drivethrough on a horse though, that got some attention.

Horses are a ton of fun, but I put them in the swimming pool catagory, but more expensive.
When the novelty wears off, the bills don't care.

So I will rent a horse when I want to ride, and it's not my biz what someone wants to spend their cash on, well as long as they don't run my property values down.

You should post some pics

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Serious horse people tend to be assholes. This may be what you equate with crazy.

I owned one horse at a time, boarding with a small, private farmer. There were a lot less headaches and no one swiped my tack.

My advice is to limit exposure. Ride for pleasure, not ribbons and trophies.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

LOL

Ah bullsh*t. Ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I see them sometimes. Normally I don’t pay attention to traffic, but it’s kind of hard to not notice when a person wearing a horse mask is grinding to a halt against the curb on a street where nobody parks, not ever. Last time I saw one, it was driving a wreck dripping in rust, and holding a cellphone.

# 953

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Amen!

I live in the boonies. Lots of horses around. Except for the Amish, nobody does anything with them. They just hang out. What is the point?

Folks are always boarding horses for someone else. I cannot figure this out. That's a ton of cost and effort for what?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

She really did, and we couldnt believe it and really compelled her to fess up and she insisted it was true. Her being in the position of being embarrassed really made the juncture a memorable one. That's all I know.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

So women

have orgasms

On horses?

And guys just crash thier balls?

I guess I'm good with that.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I'm not a female. And have never ridden a horse. But that's what she said snarf snarf.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Horse person here... While I am considered crazy at times, I am nowhere near the same class as many horse owners out there. In my experience, the craziest ones are the ones that are in it just to compete.
If you don't have to take in boarders to make it financially, def pass! Not. Worth. the Headache and DRAMA. There are loads of forums out there filled with horror stories. Just google for some stories of disbelief lol. its really not worth it. The same goes for some barn owners too! Take care of your own and you don't have to worry.

Hate to break it to you guys- but that is just a stupid belief that men seem to really want to be true-Lol!
No, women are not riding around the countryside orgasming-- roflol. I've been a horsewoman all my life, ridden all kinds of horses and all kinds of styles and disciplines over all kinds of terrain. This has never happened. I know there are bound to be some weirdos out there but ..No, that's not why women ride.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

My sister is afflicted. She has infected my kids. They will gladly spend hours shuffling muck but cannot be persuaded to even pick up a dirty sock at home.

It is a terrible plague.

I remember secretly cheering on a social media campaign some years ago that claimed horses didn't exist. That there was no proof. Wonderful idea.

But still, I'd rather have them hooked on horses than on drugs and YouTube. So there is that.

<<   2 >>

join