It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MITCH McCONNELL Predicts That The HOUSE and SENATE will LOSE Republican Seats in November.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yeah that's why he has a thirty three year career. Please. You are shooting from the hip.
People actually had to leave their homes and go vote in non presidential years. Not a lot do I understand. Myself I vote in every election. In May or November each year and sometimes both. In a presidential year I vote in March primaries (Virginia is included in super Tuesday) in May locals and in November presidential. And it's people like me who use their vote and voice that has kept him in Washington. It may be acceptable to call everyone stupid where you're from but not here. These folks made informed decisions with actions.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Some republicans hate Trump and wanted The Evil Blood Queen Hillary The Vile.

Mitch "The Douche-bag" McConnell is one of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I hope the Republicans lose seats in both houses.

I hope the Democrats lose seats in both houses.

I hope that there are some independents or third party candidates that will represent their constituents properly.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I don't know. Those were special elections. Traditionally in midterms the house minority will gain some.
The primaries that start next month may be an indicator. An incumbent may face opposition from his own party.

PS in Alabama Moore's horse Sassy could have run and beaten him . Flawed candidate doesn't begin to describe him.
edit on 2192018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
More of the Mc Cain type bunch,left over and overlooked,kind of like Democrats,under a different guise

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You know what they say...wish in one hand...

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

And he might have gotten my vote but he chose government Barbie for his running mate.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Sillyolme

I am certain the people of his district like him, he is pretty good at playing the game and getting goodies for his people.

Other than that he is an example of everything wrong with congress, just like Reid was, and Pelosi is, and Ryan is, years in office and completely out of touch with regular people.

One of the flaws of our system is that many of these people can rise to power and have undue sway over the entire country, but they are elected by a small district which the rest of us have zero control over. Many of these long time politicians are protected because their districts have been gerrymandered and a system put in place that makes it practically impossible for any newcomer to push them out.

McConnell doesn't care about the broader Republican electorate because he is really only beholden to the people in his district, but his power and influence affects us all.

This is an issue on both the left and the right.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It's almost March. The DNC has invested it's power in optics. They have silenced their members and have not faced accountability for bankrupting the party. They have not owned that 5 consultants ate up the money to run Hillary's campaign. They have not crafted a message that resonates in the optics. They have not been effective with their allies in the press.They have evicerated Donna Brazile. They went hunting for Pepe the Frog instead of proposing ideas.

They have not won back the population that defied the 2016 predictions.

The GOP will get back senate seats and not lose the house.

The leadership of the parties are in a bubble of self-importance and illusion. They have no idea how people live and no respect for the voters. McConnel is out of touch,

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Honest question, do you really think having career politicians has helped or hurt the country?

I think the longer they are there the more likely they are to become corrupted and seek money, and influence over doing the right thing by the country.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Just the fact that you have to raise / spend millions of dollars to get a job that pays $174,000/yr should pretty much tell you all you need to know.

The founders never intended for congressmen or senators to be a full time job much less one that people stay in for 20-30 years.

We absolutely need term limits. There should also be a ban on lobbying for at least five to ten years after serving. It should also be a part-time job as well. The only reason it is full time is because of the fund raising and that government tries to do more things than it needs to do.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
heh.... what are the dem talking points?

letting in illegals and reeeeeing about trump?

cause that worked the first time right...

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I would not be surprised if the Dems lose seats . Money and a good economy = votes . To me it doesn't make a difference . Republicans and Democrats are both the same and nothing will change .

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Glad he lost . We have enough problems with the people in office now , let's not add to it .

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I am certain the people of his district like him, he is pretty good at playing the game and getting goodies for his people.

Other than that he is an example of everything wrong with congress, just like Reid was, and Pelosi is, and Ryan is, years in office and completely out of touch with regular people.

One of the flaws of our system is that many of these people can rise to power and have undue sway over the entire country, but they are elected by a small district which the rest of us have zero control over. Many of these long time politicians are protected because their districts have been gerrymandered and a system put in place that makes it practically impossible for any newcomer to push them out.

McConnell doesn't care about the broader Republican electorate because he is really only beholden to the people in his district, but his power and influence affects us all.

This is an issue on both the left and the right.

I just want to give a real life example:

My congressman is Danny Davis. Congressman Davis is basically the definition of a good for nothing, buck dancing Democrat lap dog. He has been in Congress 20 years. Represents a poor district that might as well be a third world sh*thole. Has zilch to show for his time in office other than a nice pension. The guy is so old now, he sat behind Jesus in Kindergarten. Every time someone wants to challenge him, he get a surrogate to file a lawsuit to challenge signatures on a petition to run. For example, if you need 2,000 signatures, they claim the signatures aren't real so then you have to spend time getting the signatures reverified and certified in court.

He has a new challenger this year. A young idealistic high school teacher. He had to spend $10k and waste tim responding to the challenge of his signatures. They also won't debate, etc. I don't even support the guy running against him, but is pretty clear how the incumbents set up the system to protect themselves.

WIth Ballot Challenge Over, Clark Seeks to Unseat Danny Davis

Here is an article in Wired mentioning how the incumbents block access to voter data too.

Progressive Democrats Fight for Access to Voter Data

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

State of georgia changed the rules for getting a third party candidate on the ballot for the last election, after the VPOA jumped through all the hoops, the VPOA did not find out about the change that kept their candidate off the ballot till a few days before the election when it was to late to fix the paper work though they nearly got it done.

The established parties will do anything to prevent a serious challenge because they know if they must run on record they are screwed.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I am a kentucky citizen. Screw mcConnell. I dont care if hillary clinton or satan himself ran against mcconnel. I'd still vote democrat.

Just dont vote then. its bout th e same.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Some republicans hate Trump and wanted The Evil Blood Queen Hillary The Vile.

Mitch "The Douche-bag" McConnell is one of them.

I have to say MItch isnt sayng something wrongly here though. BUT for a different reason. Alot of them are retiring or quitting. thats where the loses will be. Mitch just got paid for his opinion.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I believe the Dems are doing everything possible, legal or illegal, to regain control.

For example, the Dem controlled Pennsylvania Supreme Court recently demanded that the boundaries of the congressional districts be redrawn. They don't want to take a chance in the 2018 election. Dems were pretty shocked when Trump won in PA.

The PA GOP is fighting the change.

Pa. GOP to take newly-released congressional map to court

"Implementation of this map would create a constitutional crisis where the Pennsylvania Supreme Court is usurping the authority of the legislative and executive branches," said Republican House Speaker Mike Turzai.

Seriously.
This is what has become of this country. The Dems are abusing powers all over the place in order to get back into power.

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

Tru dat.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join