It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 popup rush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So i was browsing ats on my phone and all the sudden i get bombarded by 25 popups . at first i thought it might be an alarm app i downloaded but it was only happening on ats and none of the other sites i visit. So i got on my other phone and sure enough same thing.
I get the usual popup ad from ats then a rush of 25 blocked ads. I dont use an ad blocker either . after the 25 popups when i click on a thread im redirected to a "you are a winner" web site

Is this happening on ats's end? Because it seems to only be ats and its happening on 2 different devices.

edit on 10-2-2018 by HomelessWhiteMale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yea I got a few as well. It's not normally an issue on ATS.

On mobile also.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Yea I got a few as well. It's not normally an issue on ATS.

On mobile also.

Thats why i tbought it was st4ange. Ats has never given me a problem and like i said i thought it migh have been an app on my end but its two different devices having the same problem and its only ats that seems to be happening on.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HomelessWhiteMale

No popups ever on any of my devices. Some of your own settings for websites is causing this. And use DESKTOP VERSION...even on mobile.

XL5

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Settings for websites should NEVER cause this...unless it is the setting "turn off ad blocking only on ATS".

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I've only noticed it over the last couple days. I was writing a reply eariler and a pop-up came up. Which covered the reply I was writing for the thread. The page changed to an advert and I lost my ATS page. I had to write the reply all over again.

I did notice twenty five pop-ups as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It is happening to me too...even as i type this.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thus has been happening to me for the past 2 weeks. Right now, after i opened thus thread, cell phone, chrome says it blocked 13 popups in less than 3 minutes.....wtf, 13 popups? I have to keep 2 ats pages open at all times because every 5 to 10 min, i get that stupid "you are a winner" popup that i cant back out of unless i close the page.

ATS IS THE ONLY SITE I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ON. Im starting to find it odd that it only happens on 1 specific site. I have scanned my device , did a factory reset, even before i put my gmail login in after the factory reset to load my apps and contacts, i visited ats, AND I STILL GET THE POPUPS!
Which solidified it in my mind that it is not my phone.

22 popups blocked by the time i finished typing this....

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neomaximus10

I get the "You are a winner" and Amazon gift card, and stuff from Walmart all the time on mobile. This is one of the few sites I DON'T get that crap on.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
brand new phone here, im getting the same thing, massive amounts of popups and ads, I stopped trying to post on my phone because its so annoying.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yup, been getting this crap for three days now. I'll be back in a couple weeks to see if you have taken care of it or not.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Be patient folks. I've sent up the alert for Admin to look into this and see if there's something going on. It will get handled if there is.
edit on 2/11/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
O had to download a popups blocker browser and use it to run ats only after 10 mins Im at 150 ads blocked

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Same here, 25 blocked pop-ups each time I go to a page/thread on ATS. Isn't happening when I go to any other sites and malware scanner comes back clean

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I was actually just about to make a thread about this. I even took a snapshot of my phone screen as it said 25 popups blocked. It's only on this site. Started happening just this week.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Same thing happening here. It's making it impossible to be on ATS.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Same thing for me.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The same for me. Only on my phone, and only while on ATS.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just download the pop-up blocker or use your older phones I'm over 200 at this point in just over an hour don't know how to screenshot or I would post it

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast
Just download the pop-up blocker or use your older phones I'm over 200 at this point in just over an hour don't know how to screenshot or I would post it
217 to be exact

top topics

<<   2 >>

join