It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

eagles riots and double standards.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The same with how opioid crisis of today vs crack coc aine crisis of the 80ts was dealt with, one is a criminal issue linked to character flaws and deserving of scorn and imprisonment the other is a health issue, deserving of understanding and treatment..it all depends on the population involved.
edit on 6-2-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
They should be charged with crimes. Rioting because some overpaid football players won a game is ludicrous. People who get this excited to watch someone else play a game are complete idiots and probably beyond help.

That being said, this doesn't strike me as the racial issue you are trying to paint it as, OP. Like another poster stated, this wasn't an angry mob, so the police likely didn't feel threatened. I still think they should have tear gassed them, though.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That is the stupidest thing I've read today. Congratulations for showing everyone how ignorant you really are.

How many people complaining about what happens in Philly have never actually been here?

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Oh, and let's not forget this: More arrests in Boston following the Super Bowl than in Philadelphia. But yeah, no one pays attention to that.

www.sbnation.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Colour of the skin plays a heavy role in the perception of "Thug Rioters" and 'sports riots' for sure, another thing is 'political dissidents', the police are enforcers of the State and enforcers of upholding these systems of domination, they will treat an anti-political riot with more urgency than a "drunk sports riot"

the perception of watching a "Drunk fan" destroy things VS a "Thug" destroy things for many (not all) is a deciding factor in their view of riots

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Yeah but protesters need not start a riot before being whacked over the head and hauled away hence the tale of the O.P's two vids.
edit on 6-2-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

They tried that in the 60's; kinda like "Urban Renewal". Problem is............there was never any "renewal".

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The militarized police state needs this type of behavior to justify it's existence.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I’m from Philly and if you think the post-game shenanigans were bad, wait til the parade Thurs. when 2.5 million people gather. You ain’t seen nothing yet.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre
Oh, and let's not forget this: More arrests in Boston following the Super Bowl than in Philadelphia. But yeah, no one pays attention to that.

www.sbnation.com...

well yeah....the OP, like many others, thinks there were riots because he thinks philly is almost all black....implying "that's what black people do"...they riot, break stuff, and harm people when celebrating....as opposed to white guys sitting in a bar, having a cold one, and high fiving each other in celebration....

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

'riots' are not meant to be a 'defensive stance' or a protest against something, rather an attack against these 'systems' and disruption of the status quo

sports riots are of a different sort as they don't start out necessarily "political and/or anti-political"

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This wins for silliest OP of the day.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
This wins for silliest OP of the day.

No it does not, others are asking the same questions and drawing the same conclusions elsewhere, you can disagree which is fine but auto dismissed them??

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

edit on 7-2-2018 by SlapMonkey because: double post

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

And that is a silly response. How do you know that I didn't consider the OP before I commented? Why assume that just "auto dismissed" it?

And citing other people asking the same question and having the same conclusions (what conclusions? the OP was a question) just means that other people are being just as thoughtless with their questions.

The premise is ridiculous, it's a false equivocation, and the bulk of the correct answer came in the first response by BFFT. The remainder of the answer can be figured out by giving 30 seconds of constructive thought to the issue.
edit on 7-2-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

well yeah....the OP, like many others, thinks there were riots because he thinks philly is almost all black....implying "that's what black people do"...they riot, break stuff, and harm people when celebrating....as opposed to white guys sitting in a bar, having a cold one, and high fiving each other in celebration....

I high tenned once.

It. Was. Amaaaaaaaaaaazing.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Or maybe you just can't see beyond your own notions, if a group of Atlanta kids from couple of HBCUs had some high tensioned celebrations would the media report it as just ppl having fun and over did it, or a bunch of uncontrollable thugs.
I've seen it in regards to Florida and other places, the reporting is different and police response the comments on social media harsh.
edit on 7-2-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

That is the stupidest thing I've read today. Congratulations for showing everyone how ignorant you really are.

You should read more, but thanks for the congratulatory note.
Of course, since you're apparently from there, I'm not sure I can accept it given the level of bias involved.

How many people complaining about what happens in Philly have never actually been here?

Wouldn't know, as I'm not one of them.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Sadly, I have. Thankfully the NJ Turnpike bypasses it so when I'm on my way to that other cultural mecca, cHarm City, I can speed on past.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sadly, I have. Thankfully the NJ Turnpike bypasses it so when I'm on my way to that other cultural mecca, cHarm City, I can speed on past.

Careful, you. God forbid you express a negative personal opinion on a city you've been to multiple times for multiple reasons. That just shows how ignorant you are, you freakin jerk with opinions on personal experiences!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join