It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A male backlash against #MeToo is brewing

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: mobiusmale

Well the new narrative is we have to treat all accusations as facts and shame them in public without any real evidence. Free countries don't work like that. I agree we have an issue and it's time for change just not a witch hunt

Except if the person you're accusing is Bill Clinton.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: apdjbs1
Now if I can just find where I can buy stock in the industry.

Same place you buy stocks for everything else.

Just tell them that you are sin stock friendly, or even preferred.

But! Don't forget to do your own research first. There is a bit of a race going on right now in that specific market, and the winner is going to win big. Hopefully, for you!

I always pick individual companies, such as Amazon (which yeah - winning big), and defense stocks - which felt a bit evil because profit goes up during wartime, so moved it over to other things. Anyhow, if there are any robo-woman Public Offerings (lol) on the market then let me know and I'll add it to the portfolio. Much rather for people to make love not war. :-)

edit on 7-2-2018 by apdjbs1 because: Seemed to be stut..stutt..stuttering for some reason.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I don't, and never have, had private meetings with females. Common sense has dictated otherwise for the entirety of my life.

But if you look at what many companies are doing this is not just about "private meetings". Men are being told not to share a cab with female co-workers, or even to go on business trips together with female co-workers.

To me it seems the whole "feminist" movement in this matter is about alienating men and women altogether.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
What a time to be alive. The WITCHES are the ones doing the witch hunting. Fkn insane.
Glad to have Bill Burr as a voice of reason in all of this.

edit on 8-2-2018 by Jungian because: had to add some material to keep you sane

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
There's only a backlash growing amongst sexual predators and men who know they don't act gentlemanly and realise they're now likely to get called for sexist behaviour.

So, honestly, boo hoo, poor abusive whinging menz not finding it as easy to be abusive anymore, that they've taken to the internet to try and drum up some sort of backlash.

Any backlash against a movement by and for victims of sexual abuse is by very definition a scummy thing to do.

No justification for it really.

Have you not seen the modern feminist?
Ain't no way any male is sexually harassing those things. That's why they're angry 24/7, no attention and all ugly.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I am completely for #metoo and support women speaking out against predators in industries and also in normal society outwith the celebrity world.
however you can clearly see the divide in legal process between a celebrity and a normal woman
as reference by the many ATS members stating that their friends have suffered abuse and had evidence yet were ignored by local law enforcement and the justice system.
I think it is a really good way to dismantle abuse systems in place in industries, such as child abuse, child trafficking and various other forms of human abuse embedded within power structures of our society.
Also a really good way to tear down institutions built on greed and corruption

I wish some people women int eh UK would #metoo some of the child abusing politicians here in the UK , but I hear its mostly boys they abuse
and we have yet to have #metoo male movement , co incidentally my uncles brothers (my uncle married to my aunt) his younger brother was approached in a london pub by kevin spacey and my parents were there and considered it inappropriate , of course he has just left as that a creepy experience and nothing more.
I mean could you imagine the amount of male #metoo among the catholic church ,the UK politicians or the royal family!

I recall my mother in law saying that she had heard her mother and her aunt talking and they said that not one single female in their family made it to adulthood without being abused by someone , and even into their adult life .
So abuse of females is prevalent in society and always has been , its just now women are finding strength "sadly" from celebrities speaking out , (WHY OH WHY DID WE NEED TO WAIT FOR THEM FOR # SAKE). Long may it continue

Im really surprised that a tech giant has come along with a contact lens recording unit that records by voice command so that should any sexual assault or suspect behaviour start the person simply gives the command or push of a button "safe word" that starts recording directly from the contact lens or something similar ! and this is what I think is the scary part, this will happen and people will all wear them for fear of being a victim of something
and of course the NSA will all hack the feeds and have complete access to your vision at any time you have the contact lens in or your VR / AR lens

I also agree that , if claims are made they should not be made public until a legal verdict has been given !
people should not be able to destroy someones life by accusation alone
otherwise think what society would be like , how can we bend the laws for sexual misconduct as in destroy lives and careers without proof or legal verdict
but we are super strict on other laws like violent assault , domestic abuse , murder , fraud , any crime that exists

You cant ruin someones life just now by claiming they did something like defrauded their employer in 1982 , that # would not fly in court, yet its perfectly acceptable to do this to people now with #metoo

why hasnt the US government department of Justice not released some form of official statement , and banned media from reporting these before a trial has taken place ?
I know because then the media wouldnt have anything to report on at all , and so we'd have everything being banned from journalism until a legal verdict has been given , however not all legal verdicts are even correct as many people have been banged up falsely

I know this is some slipper slope # , but think about it , where can you see this leading us in society, further governance into our daily lives ! restriction of media , restriction of freedoms
thats all I see any time I see the divide between male and female worsen!

Why is that no one actually gives a # a until a "celebrity" speaks out

we should be strengthening our bonds between the sexes , Unity, and compassion is how we ride this wave !

edit on 8-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

it really pissed me off that the feminists are now attacking the ability for women to have jobs where they are empowered by their bodies , women get power from their body and women know this. Why shouldnt women be allowed to be empowered by their natural beauty , if they are gifted with what many consider in society as good looking and have a good body are physically fit and healthy then they are empowered , by beauty natural beauty.
Women should be allowed to show of their bodies if it earns them money, they should have the choice , and it seems as again a small minority have taken that ability away.

If you are female and are blessed with good looks like and natural beauty and you are smart you can make a living and get rich easily in society today with very little effort. Females should have that choice
and not be dictated by other women who dont want this for females.

if feminism is about equality of the sexes, then women should be able to have the choice to do any kind of work they like , just like men have the choice , you dont see masculists or mens rights groups demanding that men stop parading their bodies around on tv in adverts in calanders in diet coke ads !
and you dont see feminists complaining about men being naked in sports or any other form of society

History tells us that women have immense power over men , look at the Trojan war for # sake !

a whole 10 year war that saw the deaths of millions all over a woman!

my point here is that men will literally do anything for women , but I think men wont allow a small group of females to destroy opportunities for other females who actually like to flirt with men , who like being objects of desire, who like to show off their bodies , who like to use their sexuality to empower themselves and to dominate men

again a slippery slope but all will happen is society becomes more reserved again and sex gets suppressed , but it shouldnt be suppressed it should be free , our sexuality is what makes us human as well, again its logical fallacy but you can envision it happening

I also found out today I am part of the LGBTQ community because they added kinkiness so I am a part of the community now!

Hey this is all cyclical , when was the last time sex was being suppressed in society ?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I also think that men should do more to support women with this because if we dont support them then the #s that do abuse win!

and they keep winning , they are our sisters our mothers, our aunts our grandmothers and they helped us to grow into men !
they birthed us.

if we are to work as a species and actually get through this then we need to be there for the women of earth
so for all teh good men out there , lets not let these assholes ruin it for the rest of us , lets not let these assholes abuse our women any longer,
Would you let someone abuse your own mother , sister, daugher, aunt , grandmother cousin , niece , NO you would not ! cmon lets be like the spartans and goto war for our women!

just to quote Ashley Montagu (although it is a male centric statement ) I have added my own additions in parenthesis

"Biological studies lend support to the ethic of universal brotherhood;(sisterhood, kinship) for man(/woman) is born with drives towards cooperation and unless those drives are satisfied, men(/women) and nations alike fall ill...In this sense every man(/women) is his brothers(/sisters) keeper. For every man(/woman) is a piece of the continent, a part of the main, because he(/she) is involved in (hu)mankind."

we need to fight for each others well being , we are a family , we feud and fall out , but we always make up and get back on with being humans!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
sorry I know TL
R

apologies everyone i was on lunch and had time to kill

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I wish some people women int eh UK would #metoo some of the child abusing politicians here in the UK , but I hear its mostly boys they abuse
and we have yet to have #metoo male movement , co incidentally my uncles brothers was approached in a london pub by kevin spacey and my parents were there and considered it inappropriate , of course he has just left as that a creepy experience and nothing more.
I mean could you imagine the amount of male #metoo among the catholic church ,the UK politicians or the royal family!

I agree with you and I did cover this in one of my posts>>>

Incidently lets not forget the young men who have also been abused in the
music and acting industry, some of who's lives have through the trauma ended up
in drug addiction and suicide.

I recall my mother in law saying that she had heard her mother and her aunt talking and they said that not one single female in their family made it to adulthood without being abused by someone , and even into their adult life .
So abuse of females is prevalent in society and always has been , its just now women are finding strength "sadly" from celebrities speaking out

I have to agree with that statement too..... and I wonder how many of those

celebrities would have made it without the help of what used to be called in

the old days *the casting couch* a much used *tongue in cheek* statement.

(WHY OH WHY DID WE NEED TO WAIT FOR THEM FOR # SAKE). Long may it continue

Because till someone put their head above the parapet and was prepared to

take the flack and disbelief that followed it was doomed to remain

*a dirty little secret* after all, those rich men in powerful

positions would never do anything so abhorrent, would they?

You cant ruin someones life just now by claiming they did something like defrauded their employer in 1982 , that # would not fly in court, yet its perfectly acceptable to do this to people now with #metoo

You can if you find proof?

And the #Me too usually brings out more evidence as in the number of victims

involved, there will be more evidence with more people prepared to stand up

and be counted.

Less easy to buy them off..... though I dare say many have been!!

Why is that no one actually gives a # a until a "celebrity" speaks out

Because this new thing called *celebrity* has a certain degree of power.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Suddenly and without warning, our society has adopted the sexual ethics of 1840.

a gentleman will only send his regards to a lady via her chaperone. If he chooses to sit near her, he must wait until the next church picnic, and have a female relation introduce him, and then sit between them.

A gentleman shall give up his seat on the train to a lady; lest he be accused of trying to touch her bottom.

I predict that by 2020, it will be legally acceptable for a corporation to have sexually segregated workspaces, to protect its male employees from accusations of sexual coercion.

Then men will go back to excluding women from after hours socializing. That will be the end of women's political presence in the workplace.

Hello, 1840!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Hey Eletheia I suppose the one thing celebrity culture can do for us apart from provide light entertainment is to help us dismantle these systems of power !

So yeh , as much as I despise the celeb EGO desire lifestyle
I will say yes this one thing they are doing is compassionate and worthwhile pursuit and more than makes up for all the negative aspects of celeb lifestyle has on society!

like every girl looking like the kardashians , all white shiny noses and perfect eyebrows !
attack of the clones!

and all males being super muscle men with tattoos from head to toe !

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sadly, the danger of a male "backlash" is all too real. And it will probably follow the same strategy used in the "backlash" against Black Lives Matter, the Occupy movement and Feminism in general:

A few examples that may or may not actually be true, of false accusations ruining some man's life will be presented as a denial of the very real problem that exists. These examples - true or not - will be rehashed and replayed and exaggerated over and over again, as a demonstration that the problem does not "really" exist.

And in the meantime, the very real problem will just go underground and in a while the furor will die down and the men who think they own women will resume their odious ways. It's enough to make decent people retch.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Heh...here's a funny idea:

EVERYONE here is part of the problem.

If you are discussing it, then you are indicating it is an attention grabbing $ubject.

These repeated stories in the media seem trivial in comparison to other things far more serious. Even if these "monsters" were to instead have murdered rather than grope would it really be so much more newsworthy than the uranium and lead that's killing our kids and taking our sanity?

Pollution often causes brain problems/insanity/poor judgement/crime. Sure it's no secret that CDC long ago mentioned that 1 in 6 children in U.S. has a learning disabilty, but that's not as $exy as this topic in getting attention.

Where's the "me too" for each of the thousands of cities which have far worse water than Flint Michigan? Shouldn't it be considered child abuse to live in those places if you decide to have children there and knowingly continue to poison them? Or is it not Government's job to send out pollution notices with the tax bill?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
- Louise Mensch - I think I won't need to add much more than that !

After the #MeToo gets branded a Russian intelligence operation ... very little is left to say !

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

Sorry but the fact you said..

A few examples that may or may not actually be true

Makes me want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, there are more than a "few" cases of a woman filing a false report.
Sometimes they got drunk did something they regretted so called it rape, other times its a divorce and a simple accusation of the father touching their child, or abusing the wife gets her custody and a fat alimony payment, No evidence required.
There are only two reasons I can think of to casually dismiss the problem of false accusations, you are ignorant, or you are so throughly invested in the new wave femenism that you cannot approach things with a rational thought.

Most men do not want women to be abused, most men think men that abuse women should get wrecked.
But we also feel a simple accusation should not move me from innocent till proven guilty, into Guilty until I prove my innocence beyond a reasonable doubt.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sad to say,but you are doing the sensible thing
And this is from a sane,normal woman.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
And who do women need and trust to get to arrest, detain, and attempt to solve such issues...other Men.

Comes down to what does a woman really want!? All of it...to the point it desolation.
edit on 9-5-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

And who do women need and trust to get to arrest, detain, and attempt to solve such issues...other Men.

So if women don't allow some men to molest, harass, and abuse them, then other seemingly innocent and unrelated males can't be expected to protect or help them? Are you reading that you're typing? You're insinuating that all males are indeed in on this behavior, which would make the need for MeToo even more necessary. You sound like the shady cop threatening a business to work with some of his criminal buddies or else the other "good guy" cops will coincidentally look the other way if something bad happens.

I always thought that real men were supposed to protect the women, children, and (some) elders in our families, neighborhoods, and communities. That real men were supposed to be willing to fight, kill, and die to protect our loved ones. That anyone who wants our daughters' or sisters' affection should have to prove themselves worthy to the father, brothers, etc.

But threads like this show me exactly why there are still so many sex offenders on this planet; because apparently I'm in the minority in thinking that men are supposed to protect our most vulnerable and our loved ones. Crap like this just makes me even more hardened, determined, and belligerent against it.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'll give them a #metoo they won't believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join