It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic National Committee fundraising hits wall as GOP sits flush ahead of midterm elections

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: pavil

Yeah. We will have to deal with elections being bought for awhile. The GOP has the rich donors. But sometimes the under dog can win in America.

Just quit it with "only the Republicans have rich donors" statements. The Democrats raised more last election and have big donors.

Open secrets top ind donors

That’s not what swills told us.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Koch brothers alone plan spending 400 million on republicans. Pay back for the tax giveaway.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Koch brothers alone plan spending 400 million on republicans. Pay back for the tax giveaway.

They always spend tons.....I don't like it. I don't like any group or person spending obscene amounts of money to influence elections. Priorities USA spend almost 200M. Just as disgusting.

Money is the cause of most of the problems in our government. Legislators care more about fundraising than doing good for their constituents.

I'd be all over campaign finance reform but neither Party truly wants that.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Liars and thieves cant raise money via donations. Shocked!

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

They always spend tons.....I don't like it. I don't like any group or person spending obscene amounts of money to influence elections. Priorities USA spend almost 200M. Just as disgusting.

Money is the cause of most of the problems in our government. Legislators care more about fundraising than doing good for their constituents.

Amen to that.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Amen to that.

See we can agree on some things.....

That's a start.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: whywhynot

Of course they do. They followed in the footsteps of R’s because they’d be dumb not to, but that’s no excuse for doing it. Wanna know why American politicans are so corrupt and don’t work for the interests of the American people? It’s because they don’t serve them, only those with the biggest bank accounts. Yet, everyday Americans from both camps mostly don’t realize this or want to fight against money ruining their govt because their news outlets, like the OP: Fox News, doesn’t talk about it and in fact supports it 100%. MSNBC, CNN, Breitbart, Alex Jones, and all the rest don’t talk about it and don’t make it an issue Americans should be concerned with.

But your first post was all about how much worse the other side was. I suppose as long as you believe what you are saying, that's all that matters.

Along with the omission of certain pesky irrelevant things called facts. Such as Dems in the past have raised more funds...

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

that would make sense if hey owned all those companies that gave out bonuses and pay increases,but they dont so it dont make sense.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The Democrats are broke both morally and financially and the Republicans are broke morally.

The perfect storm for a third party to arise.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Usually, but we have a side situation custom built to stop a third party.

1: Green and constitution party are owned by the big 2.

2: many states actively change the rules a day or two before the deadline to register to block third parties.

3: The courts are never going to back a third party over the big 2.

We have a long rough road to breaking the stranglehold they have on politics in America, the only chance is to start low and build up to the federal level.

Take the towns to get the cities, take the cities to get the states, take the states to get the Federal, is the only way to do it. We have to approach it with a long term goals, and forget the instant gratification of win the big one now.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
$6.5 billion was spent in 2016 by both parties, presidential and congressional. $2.4 billion of that was for the presidential part, primaries and all. Clinton spent $768 million and Trump spent $398 million. Clinton raised $581 million while Trump raised $340 million. The differences come from PACs and the two parties. So yes, the DNC should be dead broke, by virtue of not being fiscally conservative.

Best way to get these bums out is to stop giving them your hard earned money. Make them actually work for a living for a change. Plus with lower money hurdles we might get people that actually represent rather than lording over We the People. Just a thought.

Of course a ton of money ($1 billion or so) could be saved if the states appointed their Senators rather than direct elections. But that might lead to other budget cuts like the Fed and IRS

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yeah i had Clinton pegged about just shy of $1.5B all open things considered (never mind her personal crony network funds/value, and the not so obvious party network [that the GOP has the same exact model in play] funds/value).

Still waiting to hear why the RNC should be collecting cash when they're the same kind of corrupt primary's rigging criminal network as the DNC...

Right NOW is when we should be marshalling the 'Third Party' forces!

edit on 5-2-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Ahabstar

Right NOW is when we should be marshalling the 'Third Party' forces!

You need money to do that.

Also, both sides will stand back to back to defend off any organized third party alternative. Self preservation takes over. You'd have to fragment off parts of the existing two parties to stand a chance. You need to have current Representatives and Senators on your side.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hence the question, why give the GOP money?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hence the question, why give the GOP money?

I don't.....

I've never given even local politicans a single penny.

Personally, I'd be for zero campaign donations to ANY candidate, party, super PAC or cause or legislation. Yeah it's wishful thinking , I know.

Money can mess up the grandest of ideals.
edit on 5-2-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join