It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret federal court rebuffs Ashcroft: Justice Department, FBI officials rebuked on misinformation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2002 @ 03:38 AM
link   
WASHINGTON, Aug. 23 � The secretive federal court that approves spying on terror suspects in the United States has refused to give the Justice Department broad new powers, saying the government had misused the law and misled the court dozens of times, according to an extraordinary legal ruling released yesterday.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.msnbc.com...

he did speak of many tribes and a collection of theirs

posted on Aug, 24 2002 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Then I guess that the American Petition (xmb.abovetopsecret.com...) I started will have to find something other than the Judicial Branch to bring grievences up against the government...

Any suggestions? If so, please post them in the thread named above...

[Edited on 24-8-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 24 2002 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Would everyone kindly take note of the fact that all the criminal activity and wrong doing was not done while Ashcroft was at the helm, but Mr. Janet Reno. Absolutely none of it was Ashcroft's fiasco; as a matter of fact, he made it his job to clean up the situation.

Once again, the administration that did more to harm the citizen has had its media lapdog throw the blame on the present administration.

Funny thing is, most Americans won't take the time to count back the months and figure out who was in charge September of 2000!

posted on Aug, 24 2002 @ 03:35 PM
link   
By the way, do you see the futility of a petition, or anything else? William may disagree, but the media is owned, lock stock and barrel, and no news will get out unless its official and sanitized. At least not the news watched by most of the zombified citizenry!

posted on Aug, 25 2002 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Right from the beginning, I knew that disemination of the petition would have to start at "grass-roots" level & perhaps first seen at personal websites, personal distribution by individuals & alternative media. After spending *some* time in that arena, gradually building up a list of signatures along the way, that it shouldn't take long before the "mainstream" society & media could no longer ignore it...Then all hell would break loose from there.

[Edited on 25-8-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 25 2002 @ 01:14 AM
link   
WASHINGTON � A special court with power over sensitive law enforcement surveillance misinterpreted a broad anti-terrorism law when it ordered the Justice Department to alter new guidelines for FBI terrorism searches, the agency said in an appeal made public Friday.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2002 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Pardon my extreme pessimisim, M-D; I've tried to spoon feed people and I've given crash-courses and both ways it comes out the same - apathy. Just don't plug their cable TV and nobody gets hurt.

posted on Aug, 26 2002 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Perhaps someone should *try* to plug the American Petition on TV...At the rate that the "idiot box" creates idiots, it might be the only way to get someone to see it.

The problem is that I don't have the contacts & resources needed to purchase any airtime.

new topics

top topics

join