It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US professor in trouble after dropping Nazi accusation... in Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Let me start this thread by providing a quote from the professor in question regarding the incident:

“This was the most extraordinary case of police corruption I’ve personally witnessed"

So, what happened, you ask? A US professor traveled to Germany and was in the process of going through the various security proceedings common to airports. If you've ever gone through an airport, you're probably aware that you aren't allowed to bring certain items. Well... A stick of deodorant was confiscated.
Now refer back to the original quote for humorous effect.

During the heated exchange the police allege that she called them “f**king German Nazi police”

However Fair, who works for the Rand Corporation, insists she never called the officers Nazis. She admits she did use the word Nazi, but claims she was referring to a man behind her in the line who had a “Hitler youth haircut.”

I'm not sure which is worse - calling German police "f*ing German Nazi police" for confiscating a stick of deodorant or calling some other random man a Nazi because of his hair... Especially while in Germany. Ms. Fair isn't exactly making a good case for herself here. Turns out she's in some hot water now.

under German law slander is a criminal offense

Professor Fair was hit with criminal proceedings on suspicion of defamation

Source
This moron just learned the hard way that pulling the "Nazi!" card doesn't exactly always work outside of the special little bubble she inhabits.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
That Nazi reference about the police taking her deodorant wasn't really wrong though. She should have known better than to say it though. The last thing you want to do is make Nazi's angry, since Nazi's aren't really good Samaritans to begin with.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
YAS!!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Isn't the Rand Corporation behind many conspiracy theories?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Thank God she didn’t slander Muslims there! The Nazis would have executed her on spot!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Professors will talk about people who are not nazis here, then one goes to Germany and calls people nazis...

She should have stayed home where she can call anyone who doesn't agree with her a nazi.
edit on 2018-01-27T00:30:17-06:002201827America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: nazi

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Her excuse is embarrassing for a grown woman. She's (more than likely) blown off at the police and thinks they're stupid enough to give her the benefit of the doubt. I bet she was looking directly in their eyes when she called them nazis and expects them to believe she was randomly shouting nazi at some bystander somewhere else.

What exactly is a 'nazi-youth haircut???' Insulting members of the public for no apparent reason actually makes her look worse imo. Is she using Tourettes as a way out of trouble?!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Now , if we could get a lot more alleged "professors" to visit Germany , the school system would work itself out..

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
good let her get a tour of the german prison system for being stupid .

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

LOLOL!!

too awesome!

Help me, mister president!!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
And"Professers"like this are helping shape young minds for a million dollar college degree.Smfh..

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Professor However Fair ???

However Fair, who works for the Rand Corporation, insists she never called the officers Nazis

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I don't think Americans realize how serious it is to call someone a NazI in Europe. In the US everyone's a NAZI because it's used against anyone you dont agree with. In Europe being a NAZI puts you in jail.

The biggest irony now is the state department will probably have to get the president to help our professor from serving jail time.think they will be greatful?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I do not think I can go to Berlin also for similar reasons.
Myself and a pal were very very drunk in this bar and the little round barman came over shouting at us in German and he wanted us to leave because we had drank too much. I explained that we would finish and leave and he went all red in the face shouting "nein nein nein" pointing to the door so I stood up shouted "okay mein furrer" and goose stepped out that didn't go down well with the locals so we ran away.
Blooming bombed my chippy as me grandad used to say

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

+1

Even more in Germany.

If an employee is caught doing the nazi salute at work, for whatever reason, this employee can get fired within the minute, without any compensation / benefit.

In many EU countries, you are not allowed to have a licence plate (for your car) with the letters "SS" on it.
In Germany, no licence plate with "HJ" (German initials of Hitler Youths) or other such acronyms, unless you can prove these are your initials (in Germany you can choose part of your licence plate)

EU is not taking its historical past lightly.
Germany is still very sensitive to anything related to nazis.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
What the hell has happened in the last few years? College professors used to be reasoned intellectuals that we felt we could trust to encourage young minds to grow and develop into an open state of intellectual enlightenment. Like so many of our institutions today colleges and universities have been polluted by the "in touch with our feminine side" childlike hysterical.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Let me start this thread by providing a quote from the professor in question regarding the incident:

“This was the most extraordinary case of police corruption I’ve personally witnessed"

So, what happened, you ask? A US professor traveled to Germany and was in the process of going through the various security proceedings common to airports. If you've ever gone through an airport, you're probably aware that you aren't allowed to bring certain items. Well... A stick of deodorant was confiscated.
Now refer back to the original quote for humorous effect.

During the heated exchange the police allege that she called them “f**king German Nazi police”

However Fair, who works for the Rand Corporation, insists she never called the officers Nazis. She admits she did use the word Nazi, but claims she was referring to a man behind her in the line who had a “Hitler youth haircut.”

I'm not sure which is worse - calling German police "f*ing German Nazi police" for confiscating a stick of deodorant or calling some other random man a Nazi because of his hair... Especially while in Germany. Ms. Fair isn't exactly making a good case for herself here. Turns out she's in some hot water now.

under German law slander is a criminal offense

Professor Fair was hit with criminal proceedings on suspicion of defamation

Source
This moron just learned the hard way that pulling the "Nazi!" card doesn't exactly always work outside of the special little bubble she inhabits.

I actually think her excuse, calling the guy behind her a nazi because of his haircut, is more offensive than actually calling the cop a nazi. At least the cop took her deodorant. She called the guy behind her a nazi just because of the way he looked.

edit on 27/1/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/1/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I don't buy it, I have been living in Germany for 3 years and their security at the airport has been so good it really makes me loathe to go through TSA.

If they got heavy handed with her I guarantee she had already crossed a line or three to get that sort of reaction from them.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I can't help but smile at this! I bet she thought she is somehow privileged and smarter than a foreigner. I hope dear professor Faith learned a lesson. Now she can teach foreign travel behaviour.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I don't buy it, I have been living in Germany for 3 years and their security at the airport has been so good it really makes me loathe to go through TSA.

If they got heavy handed with her I guarantee she had already crossed a line or three to get that sort of reaction from them.

There's something about American culture of late that challenging authority is some kind of a right. Dumb to think you can do that all over the world. She should be grateful this happened in Germany. It could have ended a lot worse in other places.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join