It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. HealthCare Workers Are Free To Follow Their Beliefs and Conscience Again.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
January 18, 2018

President Trump's Health and Human Services (HHS) is removing another of President Obama's oppressive restrictions placed on the lives of American citizens.

This roll-back is the rule that prohibited HealthCare workers from refusing to treat people, or perform procedures, if doing so contradicted their belief system, or conscience. Soon, they will have one more God-given freedom returned to them.

The Trump administration has reportedly developed rules to shield healthcare workers who do not want to perform abortions or provide services to transgender patients, in a move activists have called a “license to discriminate” against LGBT people and women.

The rule creates a new division in the Health and Human Services (HHS) Civil Rights Office to assist healthcare workers who say they were forced to provide services contradicting their religious or moral beliefs. It will also find and discipline institutions who do not properly allow for these so-called “conscience objections," according to multiple news reports.

HHS Acting Secretary Eric Hargan said the new rule was a way to “vigorously uphold the rights of conscience and religious freedom”.

MORE at: www.independent.co.uk... ts-trans-a8166356.html

I know there will be some people who'll be upset over allowing healthcare workers to decline to treat certain individuals, and/or perform certain procedures that they morally object to. But the desire of almost every human being, is to live life with as much personal freedom as possible.

-CareWemust

edit on 1/18/2018 by carewemust because: minor title adjustment

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump and that stupid freedom thing.

I'm sure some long for Obama and his strict orders that must be followed.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This man is evil.

He did this because he hates women, and is a bigot.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
This man is evil.

Who , Obama ? I tend to agree with you . But Obama went far beyond with a hatred of the US.
Done
Next

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

That's why I said "almost every human being" wants maximum personal freedom.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thats great, you wouldent want those muslim doctors and nurses to do anything againts there religion.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

This man is evil.

You've studied acting HHS Secretary Eric Hargan's personal history?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Well, hopefully, doctors will still follow their Hippocratic Oath and not abandon a patient because of their religious beliefs but unfortunately not all Healthcare workers take such an oath, like ambulance drivers.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
How is this a good thing? The purpose of healthcare workers is to help others. Hell, the Hippocratic Oath pretty much says that you pledge to help others no matter what.

I bet if healthcare workers chose to stop helping people that support Trump there would be major backlash among those that act like this is a good thing. But as long as it seems like it just allows service to be denied to gays and transsexuals it's a good thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Thats great, you wouldent want those muslim doctors and nurses to do anything againts there religion.

You're implying that a Jewish person would be wise to not let Dr. Raul Hussein operate on him?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Well, hopefully, doctors will still follow their Hippocratic Oath and not abandon a patient because of their religious beliefs but unfortunately not all Healthcare workers take such an oath, like ambulance drivers.

I think we're safe when it comes to life-threatening situations.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Interesting point, but a dangerous game Team Trump is playing a dangerous game. I'm sure they're only rolling it back because Obama and, of course, to discriminate against the gays and women.
edit on 18-1-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
So doctors can now refuse to treat someone because of their religious beliefs.

It's funny the stuff you Trump supporters call a win. You've turned yourselves around to the point you're applauding religious based discrimination.

Seriously?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Interesting point, but a dangerous game Team Trump is playing a dangerous game. I'm sure they're only rolling it back because Obama and, of course, to discriminate against the gays and women.

Your quote is exactly what I was expecting.

Something totally ridiculous, just like the new casters presenting the news. Totally ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

You're implying that a Jewish person would be wise to not let Dr. Raul Hussein operate on him?

Wow that just came out of left filed, i was only pointing out that this a great thing for muslim americans who work in the health industry.

edit on 18-1-2018 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

link   

You think?

EMT fired for refusing to transport abortion patient sues claiming religious discrimination

Manion said that under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the federal statute that prohibits religious discrimination by private companies, the company had an obligation to at least try to accommodate Adamson.

All this does is allow extremist Christians to discriminate against whomever they want and in it's wake we'll see a spike in lawsuits all across the country. Of course, Trump loves lawsuits so he'll see that as a big win.
edit on 18-1-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: seasonal

That's why I said "almost every human being" wants maximum personal freedom.

Not me. I want the government to increase in size and I want them to force people to work for welfare in slave labor camps that produce for the rest of society. Only poor people though. I also want to film something called The Hunger Games. This will be a show about the poorest people picking someone to die so the rest of them can eat.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Its just one of those decision that was not tought out by either trump if this is even true, or who ever wrote the piece.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Really? Because Trump and his team have been trying to undo everything they can that has Obama's name on it. Do you live under a rock or just willfully ignorant?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Your quote is exactly what I was expecting.

Something totally ridiculous, just like the new casters presenting the news. Totally ridiculous.

Really cause usualy im more direct saying this sounds like propaganda or a stupid story.

Maybe you see in the future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join