It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House of horrors discovered in California 12 children involved

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It is really screwed up. I think we should look at anyone who chooses that haircut the father has it is often nutjobs have that style.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I just hope also the kids are not split up. Maybe they can stay with the elder ones with supervision.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Electric Chair!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

but the parents were unable to immediately provide a logical reason why their children were restrained in that manner,

uuuhhhh wtf

there is no logical reason

edit on 16-1-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

but the parents were unable to immediately provide a logical reason why their children were restrained in that manner,

uuuhhhh wtf

there is no logical manner

Ya that question threw me too....

California: “Do you have a good reason why the kids are bound and gagged?”

“Ahhh yeah, you know, just after dinner ritual”

California: “ahh ok cool well who are we to judge”

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

yeah i dont get it.

but the parents were unable to immediately provide a logical reason why their children were restrained in that manner,” the sherriff’s department said in a statement.

i will say again. a logical reason for them being chained up does not exist.

i know due process has to be implemented for all but stories like this make me think due process is for #. i keep saying there are ALWAYS gray areas with everything. each situation is different.
this is a situation where once they haul the kids away they should just shackle the parents, lock the doors, tape off the house and forget about it. come back in a month and level the place.

i know this cant happen and in a sane world it shouldnt happen but we do not live in a sane world.

going to abuse and torture kids like that for years on end???
no use for you. no rehab will help.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: redhorse

Foster kids is my guess. Not excusing the behavior mind you, just making a prediction. Most situations like this turn out to be foster kids, often with special needs.

That blows my mind, I’m not sure how that system works......but aren’t these people checked up on or vetted before they get each new foster child?

Yeah they do, but they prepare for the home studies and stage everything, coach the kids and then revert back to old behavior. For a lot of those folks, the kids are a commodity, a check from the state and they spend as little on their care as possible.

It looks like that isn't the case here though. My instincts were off.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Death is not the worse punishment this idiot couple should receive.
How about treating them just like they did the children.

They should force the the "parents" to work for the Clintons.
Capitol punishment lets them off too easy.
Working for the Clintons usually leads to an early grave, in any case...

But...but...but...Hillary!!
Somebody needs to find a hobby...LOL!!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

What the hell,we spend million's on social service workers,why are they still at their jobs?because liberal's have destroyed the state,just another fact,it's their to appease liberals,but liberals who are family relatives,this is something that happens with liberal's"hey so and so is the new mayor,now will get good jobs and a pension" especially shows no investigation in licensing school,I love my state,but it is making me sick

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I am sorry, but there is strict and then there is this.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I am, of course, disturbed by this news.

Some of the aspects of this case remind me of particulars of the Fritzl case, and all I can say is that I hope to hell that there is no sexual component to the abuses suffered by the victims in this instance.

That being said, its almost a given that if they were sick enough to chain these kids up and starve them, they were sick enough people to do more than that. The story is young yet, and much as the bile rises in my throat as I type this, I find it difficult to believe that the perpetrators were not doing more than just starving the victims.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sadly, i think there was likely sexual abuse. If the facebook pic is from 2012 and there is a baby in it, that can't be the 2 year old obviously.

That would mean the "mother" who is 49 now, had the baby at 47. It is possibe to have a baby at that age,but to me unlikely. I hope not, but it could be one of the children's child.
Thank goodness they were all rescued.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
There are no words that are strong enough to describe how horrible this is. People like this are just evil. I say we strap 'em in a rocket and launch them at the nearest black hole. (no food of course)

And "logical reason"? Really? Unless all these kids were possessed by some kind of demon, there's no reason. (and even then, it's questionable)

And for the couple of you who want to drag politics into this. FFS!! Get your s**t together and realize that some things are above that pettiness. I think we can all agree, regardless of politics, that these people are monsters.

My thoughts are with these children and hope that they can somehow find a way to get through this with the least amount of long term trauma possible.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

What the hell,we spend million's on social service workers,why are they still at their jobs?because liberal's have destroyed the state,just another fact,it's their to appease liberals,but liberals who are family relatives,this is something that happens with liberal's"hey so and so is the new mayor,now will get good jobs and a pension" especially shows no investigation in licensing school,I love my state,but it is making me sick

Wow really. I can't say I ever thought of myself as a liberal. But I guess, based on your idea here, respecting people's civil rights makes me a liberal, so be it. What right you may ask? I'm talking about the 4th one. It protects against unreasonable search and seizure. That means the cops can't kick in your door because of your hair cut. I guess in your world they should, just in case something illegal is going on inside.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A couple of tidbits this morning that clarify this clusterf# of a family slightly. Not justify, only clarify.

www.yahoo.com...

The grandparents of 13 children allegedly abused and kept shackled to beds in their Southern California home said the parents had so many kids because "God called on them."

I'm sure god said "multiply prolifically, then shackle them all in rank rooms. Blessed are you!"

James and Betty Turpin admitted the children were given "very strict home schooling," and they were required to memorize long passages of the Bible.

A red flag going up there...

The grandparents said their son was raised Pentecostal, but the couple did not attend a church in California.

Pentecostalism is already chock full of bat guano crazy, I'm wondering if they dove headlong into full Pentecostal extremism, or even progressed into something more hardcore (it's a wild guess there -- I'm not entirely familiar with any culty branched-off progressions)

Something else that for me, pinged as "you did know, asshats":

On their last visit to Perris, California, about 27 miles south of San Bernardino, the grandparents said the children "looked thin," but seemed like a "happy family."

That "looked thin" comment just seems off. There's a big Tell in it. The grandkids are pasty, dead-eyed and thin enough to border on what others might recognize as "anorexic frail" in older photos, and they didn't at least suspect anything? I call BS

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm quite certain that this is political speak for "these are sick and twisted f**kers," but the police cannot exactly say that in a press conference.

In any event, I feel soooo terribly for these adults and children, and I'm actually afraid to hear the details that emerge from this story. If I was one of the neighbors and had no clue that this was going on, I'd feel terrible that I couldn't do anything to help these poor people.

Someone posted earlier that the kids are all probably in heaven right now--I disagree. I think about "Brooks" from "The Shawshank Redemption," and realize that, psychologically, they're probably scared out of their mind because, even though they've escaped a prison, now they're in the custody and care of people that they don't know whose motives and intentions may or may not have been propagandized against by the parents for years.

I would love--LOVE--to have a few minutes alone with each of these "parents," though...

GOD DAMMIT! Who does this to innocent people?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Yeah they do, but they prepare for the home studies and stage everything, coach the kids and then revert back to old behavior.

While this does happen, it's relatively rare, and ever more rare is that the social worker handling the foster parents and the child wouldn't pick up on this.

I am friends with a family who fosters children, even adopting two brothers as a result, and I have been at their house when the foster agent came to do their checks on the children and the house. They must be allowed access to every room and into every door when doing the checks--that's just a given. Also, they have conversations in a one-on-one setting with the foster child(ren) without the foster parent(s) visible or within ear shot.

While obviously there are some better at their jobs than others, the foster agents are definitely trained to look for signs that indicate wrongdoing by the foster family. There is a such thing as 'respite care' where other foster families will temporarily house a child if an investigation is deemed necessary, and from there, the child may or may not go back to the family.

There are many other "fail-safes" in the foster system, but sadly, they don't always catch everything. Luckily, my friends are great foster parents, and they have put up with a LOT from really "damaged" children in an attempt to give them a loving, stable home...and that doesn't always work out in the end, but they do their hardest to try. I think/hope that most of the foster homes are like this, with the bad ones being the exceptions (but get much, much more attention).

For a lot of those folks, the kids are a commodity, a check from the state and they spend as little on their care as possible.

This, sadly, is accurate, but that doesn't mean that the home that they are given is worse than what they had--I'm not saying that this should be the bar, I'm just saying that, sometimes, the standards of certain things in the system are lower than they should be.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have to say why is it that it seems every time I hear about something like this the phrase "God said it was ok" comes out?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA
I have to say why is it that it seems every time I hear about something like this the phrase "God said it was ok" comes out?

Because people will always reinforce their behavior with their belief, whatever it is, religion, politics, or theology

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Agreed. The depravity of this story is yet to meet its climax, and it brings much sorrow already...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join