It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucker Carlson on Schools Banning Best Friends

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No you are thinking of social engineering.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

So you find it reasonable to spend time with your child correcting innocent and natural behavior? For what end reason? So they can become accustomed to authority making them spend time around people they cant stand?

Ive raised 2 boys (youngest turned 20 yesterday). I cannot imagine choosing to spend my time correcting innocent, natural, sociall appropriate behavior.

I sure as hell would not begin implememtimg hare brained ideas from some celebrity expert. I grew up during the Spock era. I know better.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I grew up during the Spock era. I know better.

I raised my kids in the Spock era.

Even he realized how wrong he was once he had a teenage stepdaughter.

You are NOT your kids friend. You are their parent.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

So why take the next fad and start victimizing kids as subjects of the newest social science expirement?

You get one chance to do it right. Screw it up your kids can be screwed up. Forcing unnatural behavior on them, using parental approval as the whip, contradicts anything ive ever known about creating psychologically stable people.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No you are thinking of social engineering.

No, you are thinking of social engineering.

Changing how people involve themselves in group environment - - by doing - - creates an environment of evolvement - - they then pass on as natural behavior to future generations.

Its past time for, the neanderthal survival of the fittest mindset, in modern humans, to be left in the dust.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

No, that does not happen.

That's like saying if you force your little boy to play with nothing but dolls and wear nothing but dresses, he will go on to have boys who will naturally only want to play with dolls and wear dresses without being forced into it.

That's completely false.

And any school that tries to cram that sort of behavior onto my child in the same kind of wrong-headed thinking is going to hear from me in a big way.

Evolvement, btw, is not a word.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

That's like saying if you force your little boy to play with nothing but dolls and wear nothing but dresses, he will go on to have boys who will naturally only want to play with dolls and wear dresses without being forced into it.

That's completely false.

And any school that tries to cram that sort of behavior onto my child in the same kind of wrong-headed thinking is going to hear from me in a big way.

I already told you, they do this at my grandsons school.

I've seen it in action on playground duty.

I support it -- because I've experienced it.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think in school, the child is separated from it's family, divided by age-grade, and a BFF is a substitute for that strong family connection....and shouldn't be taken away.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

So you find it reasonable to spend time with your child correcting innocent and natural behavior? For what end reason? So they can become accustomed to authority making them spend time around people they cant stand?

don't know why you think i'd find it reasonable. i am completely against this type of social engineering. i'm speaking against it, not for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

This psychotherapist should tell her husband to have sex with other women because it is openness and embracing diversity.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

i misread

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

How does it end up?

I think a good measure is the number of hours spent in psychotherapy as an adult, although socioeconomic differences would impact that result.

But i would like to know what the long term result is. Would a nation raised this way be able to hold a collective identity, or abrogate this to the notion of inclusion?

Social engineerimg is something Mao made me suspicious of. I want to know what the result is.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

That's completely false.

I already told you, they do this at my grandsons school.

I've seen it in action on playground duty.

I support it -- because I've experienced it.

What they are doing at your grandsons school is not at all what is being discussed in the OP. Including other kids at recess is not the same thing as not allowing those kids to have a best friend. Teaching kids to be inclusive of other kids who have a hard time socializing is commendable. Telling those same kids that they can't have a best friend is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think many of you're caught in a fog. It's really quite simple. We're all inside a room ok? And the room is losing oxygen. Everybody was doing their own tthing and enjoying their freedoms, see? Also some of them had peanut allergies and were getting sick because other people were eating peanuts. And all manner of disgusting and awkward people were causing trouble with the majority population. Everybody is so close to each other there's not much defense or consolation from what others are doing! So a council of concerned cave peoples convenes. They orchestrate a series of laws and regulations on activity inside Total Environment--as they now call it. Freedom and activities formerly enjoyed are now restricted. The more people there're living inside the room, the more concerned they're about what the other people are doing.

Our planet is shrinking. Less people won't solve this problem because improving technology will counter it and produce the same result as a higher population with older tech. You can find a derelict--but luckily repairable--alien spaceship, and try to go to another place, but that'll only bid you some extra time, it's no guarantee. In the best circumstances, wherever you go with your spaceship, the same concerns will eventually arise.

The only real option for us here on Earth seems to be making the right decision, the ONLY decision granted to us, that we should accept all this or be forced to. If you choose to accept, the only challenge is learning to be tolerant of anything. You have to be ready for all of it. Cherish nothing. Let go when something is a hindrance. If the enemy invades and it's clear the war is lost, happily surrender and serve them. If your president is a child and the law permits this child's position in power, smile and respect your president. If everything is taken from you except your clothes, thank the authorities for making the world a better place! Imagine how many others will be helped!

I don't have to explain much what happens if you're forced to. I think most of us already understand. It's normal enough to do that. When you're forced, you're broken. When you're broken, you're re-educated. Then you acquiesce. If for some reason it should fail, you're probably dead.
edit on 1/15/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I think Tucker brought her on to inform his viewers that this is a movement and to be aware. That's it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join