It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher arrested at board meeting for criticizing superintendent's raise

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Note: I wanted to post this is Posse Comitatus but lack the post count.

As the title suggests, a Louisiana teacher was arrested after delivering a calm but scathing criticism to the board. After the president scolds her for speaking out and asking for her to be removed, the other meeting attendees (I am assuming fellow teachers) begin to speak out as well. The board member then taunts the rest of the people with "Oh, another comment?" in a condescending tone.

To top it all off, it appears as if the arresting officer does the classic trip/shove and says "Stop resisting!" as he flails her around like a ragdoll.

This is yet another example of authority overstepping its bounds. In this particular case, we see elected/appointed officials and a hired officer completely trample someone's rights. It's beautiful, really.

Most complete video I've found:

Local news source
edit on 9-1-2018 by OrdoAdChao because: a word

edit on 9-1-2018 by OrdoAdChao because: clarity

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You just witnessed (on a small scale) how gov't and protest works.
They take your money, give it to themselves and arrest you when you finally get upset enough to do something about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I hadn't considered that perspective. Thanks for the the chuckle and Truth pill!

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The school board members should be singled out for this one.
They appointed this asshat

link   

originally posted by: OrdoAdChao

As the title suggests, a Louisiana teacher was arrested after delivering a calm but scathing criticism to the board. After the president scolds her for speaking out and asking for her to be removed, the other meeting attendees (I am assuming fellow teachers) begin to speak out as well. The board member then taunts the rest of the people with "Oh, another comment?" in a condescending tone.

To top it all off, it appears as if the arresting officer does the classic trip/shove and says "Stop resisting!" as he flails her around like a ragdoll.

This is yet another example of authority overstepping its bounds. In this particular case, we see elected/appointed officials and a hired officer completely trample someone's rights. It's beautiful, really.

Local news source

And people still don't get why many of us want smaller government...

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: OrdoAdChao

yeah thats #ed up

stop resisting.... stop resisting as he has her on the floor and against the wall.

that woman did not resist #

been saying it for years

freedom of speech as long as you dont say anything

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Oh they do deserve a whole lot of credit for this garbage. The officer overstepped (in my opinion) when he cuffed her as soon as they were out of the room. Judging by the other teacher's reactions and their stampede following her and the officer in order to get a record of it tells me that, while this was a surprise, it wasn't exactly unexpected.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Dox 'em?

What a crook
edit on 192018 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If she hires the right mad dog attorney, her teaching days are over, she can live large on the interest from the lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

freedom of speech as long as you dont say anything

Or as long as it's approved of.

This incident in particular highlights to me the obvious divide between people in terms of social class, not just government official vs. citizen. They can vote raises for themselves that are equivalent to a teachers salary, and the only recourse for the teachers is to fight for pennies via their union. The private equivalent would be the classic "Greedy CEO" types hoarding millions while the workers wages are left stagnant or barely above inflation.

Make no mistake: most people who find themselves in a position above others will eventually view themselves as "greater" and those below them as "lesser".

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Here is an update to the story.

www.katc.com...

Its insane. No charges filed yet she was still booked and had to post bond. She has the louisiana educators association and ACLU investigating.

The arresting officer was not a cop, he was employed by the school board and not the city directly. Its on his complaint alone that she was arrested. The actual police and the city prosecutor refused charges against the teacher outright.

I smell million dollar lawsuit.

edit on 1 9 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Some of the biggest self-serving tyrants are these local school board type of politicians....

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

tadaman is on it like a blue-bonnet! Thanks pal!

How on earth do figure out an appropriate bond without a charge? Is this a LA thing that I am not privy to?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
From tadaman's link:

The deputy marshal is a school resource officer who works in Vermilion Parish schools. The Abbeville Police Department has received so many calls about the case they issued a statement pointing out that it has nothing to do with them:

Wow. The local PD is distancing itself. The "Thin Blue Line" be damned in this case, eh?
edit on 9-1-2018 by OrdoAdChao because: formatting

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
does she have a Twitter account or anyone from this school district?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
He put his hand on his weapon.

He is likely not even licensed to carry.

He is going to jail for a long time. The school board is going to be paying her for a long time.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
He put his hand on his weapon.

He is likely not even licensed to carry.

He is going to jail for a long time. The school board is going to be paying her for a long time.

hopefully
bitch ass school resource officer

with any luck she gets paid

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

It seems like he is a sworn deputy marshal, which gives him a ridiculously hazy jurisdiction. But, to that, only a very contrived and deceitful argument would give him jurisdiction at a school board meeting. He's employed as a School Resource Officer (SRO), which a deputy marshal might be the best candidate for because they can easily charge and transfer individuals despite covering multiple police jurisdictions in a given locale.

I am not defending it, just illuminating the marshal's role. I mistakenly referred to him as an officer at first (I must have caught "deputy" and immediately jumped to "sheriff"). I think this may cause problems for a suit, but only because there won't be a department or county to hold responsible for the actions of the superintendent and the marshal in a single suit.

Regardless, this situation is a flat out sham and deserves it's 15 minutes in the American spotlight. Hopefully people take notice and really begin to question the structure surrounding them. I won't be holding my breath and give the same advice to others.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrdoAdChao

Local news source

I'd protest it too. Not sure what the salary is there, but in my area (Oregon) the district superintendent here makes $217k a year, which is ridiculous at the least. Oregon is towards the bottom when it comes to education, and they're always crying about budget issues..wellllll...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: imthegoat

I'd protest it too. Not sure what the salary is there, but in my area (Oregon) the district superintendent here makes $217k a year, which is ridiculous at the least. Oregon is towards the bottom when it comes to education, and they're always crying about budget issues..wellllll...

Oh wow. Median income in Oregon is around 50k (I am sure that varies greatly area to area). So they do such a bang-up job that they're worth 4 average Oregonians? Holy...

Why am I surprised? I am sure it's a similar situation in everyone's area.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join