It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite Dangerous Xbox One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Over the past week I have started playing E.D on the XB1.
Currently I have a hauler fitted for exploration doing jumps of 30 LY.
Found most of my answers online but of course still learning as I go. - I wasn't expecting there would be so much depth to this game.
I've made 4 Million credits so far from exploring and taking in the sites. There's some very beautiful locations that I've come across.

I'm looking for a couple other xb1 players that would like to be in contact to help each other out when needed.
Example: fuel delivery lol,
I know there's the fuel rats but they are based on PC. It would be handy to have a few GT's of players here that would be willing to assist each other when things go south.

As mentioned I'm focusing on exploration currently and met my first engineer.
Not quite sure what I'm supposed to do when it comes to the engineers but I was told to find some alien artefacts.
Anyway if anyone's interested in my proposal above, you can add the GT Carignan, send me a message and let's see what we can do!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I kill scrubs like you. Pulse lasers + Torpedos for the win.

I mostly bounty hunt. Sometimes I will shuttle high-value targets. But they always get pissed when I get into combat. Its like they knew they were a valuable target but they still want to sightsee but then get mad when people actually try and kill them and I save their life.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I'm trying to build enough rep. To be able to shuttle people. Some pretty good paying jobs.
Once I get enough Credits I'm gonna fit out a combat ship.
What's a good ship to outfit for a combat vessel?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ha ha a good ship for combat? That depends on the pilot. I can't tell you how many scrubs in their 150 million credit Anaconda I have blown to pieces with my Eagle.

Upgrade the Eagle's shield and Hull and get some decent kinetic damage and you got yourself a great very fast nimble fighter. Most of the battles I win because I can outmanoeuvre my foes. And in the rare instance that I am getting beat up I just put all energy into engine and shields, punch the afterburner and SEE YA!!

The best fighter is the Anaconda for hardpoints and shields and such. But if you're a scrub you will die in any ship.

I also have a Cobra that I use for smuggling/fighting when need be. But the real money is bounty hunting/transporting people.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I've heard of the Anaconda, haven't seen one yet. Like I said, just started.
Reading up on these alien alloys for these engineers. Are their upgrades worth the trouble?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
MMO? How many players on one server at one time?

I went back to good olde planetside 2

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

From what I've read, there's no limit asides from 32 active players per instance - 32 visible players on screen at a time.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I've heard of the Anaconda, haven't seen one yet. Like I said, just started.
Reading up on these alien alloys for these engineers. Are their upgrades worth the trouble?

You will see them more and more as you gain experience. One thing to keep in mind with this game is the better you get at things the more money you make. IE the better bounty hunter I am the bigger the bounties they give me. Or for you the more you transport and mine the bigger better transportation and mining jobs will become available.

Mining is very profitable as well as buying and selling. Bounty hunting is dangerous expensive work but fun. Mining is cheap but a little on the boring side unless you are hiding from people in an asteroid belt.

My advice is find what your good at and like doing. I lost many many ships before I got good at fighting. So make sure you have insurance and a cheap ship to start.

Also, know the difference between damage types like kinetic and energy damage. Make sure you have LOTS AND LOTS of power. Your powerplant should be one of your first purchases besides weapons and shields.

My GT is DDOJSIOC hmu

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

cool deal. I'll have to look into it.

new topics

top topics

join