It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good looking lunar anomaly - 2017

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

"...just so happens to look like numbers because we humans like to see everything from the human perspective."

I agree. Very similar to the innate human quality of discerning facial features in places no image of a face should appear. The brain is great about filling in the missing information.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Oh hey , is your user name a satire of " moon rocks" "martian rocks" being entities or machine parts?

or you just a champion of the truth ?

Aye , I agree we humans love to find ourselves in nature , we are so egotistical that we cant help ourselves

that book I read recently by Brian Appleyard, Aliens and why they are here
is a good read

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Would be interesting to look at this region through a decent telescope, saying that my friend has a really nice telescope I wonder if it is powerful enough to get a look at this region, I cant imagine it will be powerful enough to see that region in great detail.

It does have gps tracking software on it so Im sure we could locate the region easily enough, we intend to goto the skypark in the national forest down in Dumfries and Galloway. We are going to go soon one weekend and take the telescope have a look at the moon and see if we can see the dust cloud of the milky way.
I will definitely take pictures of what we see and post them here.

Ta

Been there pics below taken at the Galloway Dark Sky Park

Orion Rising

Jupiter the large fat looking star and the Moon about to rise

M31

Exposure details Sony SLT A37 f3.5 10 secs at iso 3200 18mm focal length.
The fuzzy blob of light near the top middle is a fraction of the Andromeda Galaxy starting to show in the exposure.It's a wide angle shot and a crop from the full picture which was 4912 x 3264 pixels the picture above is 604 x 307 pixels.

A tip for you if the Moon is more than half full then the Milky Way will not look as good, so check times for Moon rise & set and you may be able to do both.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I think human arrogance often prevents seeing truth. It's how we're wired. I'm guilty of it; I try hard to catch it when it happens and keep an open mind.

These sorts of odd things we discover on earth and in other places need explaining, so we explain them the best we can. The search for the truth gets clouded by goofballs inserting or enhancing imagery that's not originally there.

My username comes from my daily attendance at the School of The Universe (there is so much more to learn), combined with my background as a rock guitarist.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Lathroper

The photo: "Unusual structures in Crater Paracelsus C" reminds me of a ship that crashed (or sunk?) and broke apart, eons ago.

But then, if that image only covers a few feet of terrain...never mind. (Can't discern the scale.)

The 'object'...is about 60 - 70 meters or about 200 feet long and about 10 meters or 30 - 40 feet wide.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
It can only be one or the other.

Sure seems to have rolled pretty good for a flat rock.

edit on 10-1-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: LABTECH767
It can only be one or the other.

Sure seems to have rolled pretty good for a flat rock.

Unexplained Earth Phenomenon: The Moving Rocks in Death Valley National Park, USA
strangesounds.org...

Sliding stones of Death Valley: Rocky riddle resolved
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

aww those are excellent man , I'llneed to show these to my mate and see if we can get some to compare !

thanks

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lathroper
Unexplained Earth Phenomenon: The Moving Rocks in Death Valley National Park, USA

Yeah, but doesn't it require some kind of water/ice/wind combination? Hard to find any of those things on the Moon.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Indeed, which is why the boulder (often referred to as the 'dark boulder') much more likely to be something dislodged from higher up the very steep very long slope. This crop of AS17-147-22549 shows how long the trail is, with the yellow arrow showing where it starts:

While this 3D reconstruction of the same slope that I created from JAXA data shows how steep the slope is. The yellow arrow here shows where the dark boulder is.

The nature of the boulder trail itself is much more typical of something that has rolled, rather than having slid over the surface, and there is certainly no evidence of anything resembling tracks from a wheel.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
a reply to: Blue Shift

Indeed, which is why the boulder (often referred to as the 'dark boulder') much more likely to be something dislodged from higher up the very steep very long slope. This crop of AS17-147-22549 shows how long the trail is, with the yellow arrow showing where it starts:

snip

Dislodged by lunar activity such as possible lunarquakes. On Earth, wind and ice or frost, yes.

While this 3D reconstruction of the same slope that I created from JAXA data shows how steep the slope is. The yellow arrow here shows where the dark boulder is.

snip

The nature of the boulder trail itself is much more typical of something that has rolled, rather than having slid over the surface, and there is certainly no evidence of anything resembling tracks from a wheel.

edit on 1/11/2018 by Lathroper because: To correct my grammar

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

I would like to learn more about how rectangular prism structures of that equal size and magnitude are formed.

Could you point me in the direction of that type of analysis? I would assume such a thing exists, based on your post content.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Then I would start by searching the Internet for 'jointed structures in igneous rock' and see what you find.

I'd also look at (for example) the rocks in Paracelsus C under different lighting conditions using the various LROC NAC layers at its quick map viewer in the links already posted.

Your post also contains assumptions about the size and shape of the features. They are not perfectly rectangular nor are they of equal size. There are any number of naturally occurring blocks in terrestrial geological formations that do not require alien intelligence to manufacture them. The moon is no different.

The perfectly shaped and spaced rocks in the OP image that started the topic are only that way because someone faked them to be so.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes...it is going down. Eyes wide open!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: milano

When we are aware of the horrible truth, you will look back on these days with envy. Ignorance is bliss. Let's be real - the only possible reason that such a high percentage of people "in the know" would keep such a secret is if the truth was/is absolutely horrifying. You shall know the truth

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

...But there is always the possibility that the truth about ETs is not good. They may have been growing and harvesting us for millions years, for all cattle know.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
"It's a COOKBOOK! It's a COOKBOOK!"

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: milano

...But there is always the possibility that the truth about ETs is not good. They may have been growing and harvesting us for millions years, for all cattle know.

Yet Earths population continues to grow, not very good at harvesting are they

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Ah, but that is what farming and good animal husbandry is all about.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here are the blocks in Paracelsus C under different lighting conditions.

Look very carefully at the block faces, edges and the shadows those edges cast. They are not perfectly rectangular.
edit on 12/1/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: crater name

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join