It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fusion GPS to Congress: Release our testimony

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
For nearly a year now the argument has been that the Steele dossier is fake. That it was a disinformation plot paid for by the democrats to ensure a win for Clinton.
Well we saw how well that worked out didn't we.

In August of 2017 the owners of Fusion GPS were called into the congressional intelligence committee to answer questions about the dossier, it's sources, and it's funding. Since August Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch have requested that congress release the transcripts of their testimony.

They have not. Why? Why is the GOP congress keeping this testimony a secret?

It appears to be because it dispelled the conspiracy theories being postulated by trump and his minions.

The founders of Fusion GPS took to the pages of the New York Times to push back against Republicans who have attacked the firm over a dossier related to the Trump Russia investigation — and to urge that their testimony be released

What did they have to say and why won't congress release the transcripts?
In an op-ed piece written by its owners FUSION GSP told the New York Times that the dossier was NOT the catalyst for the Russian probe and that the intelligence community took the dossier so seriously because it corroborated intelligence they had already collected including a source within the Whitehouse!

"We are happy to correct the record. In fact, we already have," wrote Glenn R. Simpson and Peter Fritsch in an op-ed published Tuesday under the headline "The Republicans' Fake Investigations."

www.politico.com...

I cannot copy paste any part of the New York Times article but here's a link for that too. I don't know if you all will be able to open it without a subscription but the content is in the article I could copy.

www.nytimes.com...

So who is the Whitehouse insider? Probably one of the people in Muellers recent roundup.
Papadopoulos I'm thinking given what we learned about him in a bar in Kensington in early 2017 where he was handing out information no one in the free world should have had access to yet.

Simpson claims that the information they were getting was serious. They urged congress to release their testimony but congress has continued to withhold that while selectively letting some information leak
Simpson says they urged congress to subpoena Deutsche banks financial records on trump but they seem uninterested in doing that instead opting to subpoena Fusions bank records instead to try and find anything dubious there and to find out about other clients that fusion had.

So Simpson and Fritsch have decided to tell it themselves in the Times op-ed.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Since August Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch have requested that congress release the transcripts of their testimony.

I bet they have. And will continue. They know it can't happen and why . Part of an ongoing investigation .
Silly folks , they are trying to recoup a little of their honor where they can make a bit more money before the hammer falls on em. And their allies.
Playing the poor little downtrodden. Oldest BS in the book ...
Made their bed , now they are attempting to lie in it.

edit on 1/3/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

They have not. Why? Why is the GOP congress keeping this testimony a secret?

Choose either a) that some parts of the questions are sensitive or b) that the answers besmudges the presidency of the United States. Neither are in the best interest of the country to give public attention.

And Fusion GPS knows that.

They could easily themselves come forward with whatever face saving revelations the testimony might contain. Yet they do not.

I wonder why.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Additionally, a filing by lawyers for the House Intelligence Committee asserts that Fusion GPS “brokered meetings for dossier author Christopher Steele with at least five major media outlets in September 2016, including Yahoo news.”

They got caught
The jig is up

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

They just did.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The dossier is real. Why won't congress release this testimony?

They got caught doing what?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

It's premature release would be seen as a political maneuver as it's net result would be the disbanding of the Mueller investigation.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

They've released others testimony. Full transcripts of others so why not these guys?
Because it doesn't fit the picture they want to paint. Devin Nunez will do what ever it takes to quash any info that smears trump. It has nothing to do with an ongoing investigation or they would keep all the testimony secret which they have not. Some of it we've watched on tv ourselves

The only reason they won't release it it because it doesn't support the story trump wants put out there.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They've released others testimony. Full transcripts of others so why not these guys?

Some have had hearings in closed sessions, not available to the public until after the investigation, was fusion GPS's testimony done under closed or open session?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Why? Muellers investigation is completely separate from congress. He is getting the bank records from Deutsche Bank and he is looking into the financial dealings of trump and his family. Nunez may think he can suppress the info or distract by opening still more investigations into trumps opponents but the truth is going to be revealed and right now trump would need some kind of miracle to get out of this jam.
I bet he wishes he never ran for president.

Who knew it was so complicated??
Well everybody Donny. Everybody knew...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

thefederalist.com...

Court filings released last month by the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence suggest growing evidence of a pay-to-publish scandal that may shake large parts of the Washington press corps.

Like I posted earlier they got caught.

Now the court filing from the U.S. district court for DC shows that Fusion GPS paid several journalists, including three who reported on “Russia issues relevant to [the committee’s] investigation,” the House Intelligence Committee said in a court filing.

Just make up stories and then have your "legitimate journalist" friends publish it.

It seems likely from the list of people at the meeting that their sources included Veselnitskaya herself and another Russian at the meeting, Rinat Akhmetshin—who both had partnered with Fusion GPS to try to undo the Magnitsky Act on behalf of pro-Putin elements. Indeed, Simpson met with Veselnitskaya before and after her meeting with Trump Jr.—a meeting Simpson says he didn’t know about until it was later reported.

or you can just make up the news yourself.....
Simpson met with Veselnitskaya BEFORE and AFTER the jr meeting
Again they got caught

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Some have had hearings in closed sessions, not available to the public until after the investigation, was fusion GPS's testimony done under closed or open session?

Closed.

That's why they can't say anything themselves except say to release it which they know won't be done because it would violate their agreement...same reason they won't say anything themselves...

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Why? Muellers investigation is completely separate from congress. He is getting the bank records from Deutsche Bank and he is looking into the financial dealings of trump and his family. Nunez may think he can suppress the info or distract by opening still more investigations into trumps opponents but the truth is going to be revealed and right now trump would need some kind of miracle to get out of this jam.
I bet he wishes he never ran for president.

Who knew it was so complicated??
Well everybody Donny. Everybody knew...

Do you have a source for Mueller Subpoenaing bank records on Trump from Deutsche?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
didn't senator Grassely say he'd release the transcripts once Fusion GPS gave them the ok?

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Closed.

That's why they can't say anything themselves except say to release it which they know won't be done because it would violate their agreement...same reason they won't say anything themselves...

Damn it man - I was hoping OP would arrive at this conclusion all by herself, but alas, you've killed my joy for the night. Now I'll never get it out of her - good one.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
didn't senator Grassely say he'd release the transcripts once Fusion GPS gave them the ok?

Yes, I saw the interview.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Why are some open and others not?

That's easy.
Anything that supports trumps view is released or open. Any testimony that is contrary to trumps claims is closed.

Why does congress let some info from their testimony leak but not everything?
Wake up.

Fusion says there's plenty of evidence of collusion and conspiracy to influence the election and harm Clinton's campaign. That's why their testimony is being withheld.

The excuse that it's an ongoing investigation seems to only be true when it's in trumps favor. When you guys ask for proof of collusion and we say the investigation is ongoing ongoing that is not good enough...but now...it is ...

Do you see it?
edit on 132018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

"We don’t believe the Steele dossier was the trigger for the FBI's investigation into Russian meddling," wrote Simpson and Fritsch. "As we told the Senate Judiciary Committee in August, our sources said the dossier was taken so seriously because it corroborated reports the bureau had received from other sources, including one inside the Trump camp."

I wonder if their “other sources” were the ones released from the Mueller investigation, the DOJ official Bruce Ohr, who met with Christopher Steele and fusionGPS during the 2016 election.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Closed.

Damn it man - I was hoping OP would arrive at this conclusion all by herself, but alas, you've killed my joy for the night. Now I'll never get it out of her - good one.

Normal result of normal reasoning but I digress.

Doing the same thing over and over with the same results..

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Or perhaps Ohrs wife who WORKED FOR GPS.........

<<   2  3  4 >>

join