It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheesecake. Yes Cheeesecake.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
So, this my Cheesecake recipe I make almost every year for our annual family gathering. I know people are picky (some like plain, some like fruit on top, etc). What I do is put a layer of caramel (optional) between the graham cracker crust and cheesecake, and put a chocolate ganache on top.

***Note: make sure ALL cheese cake ingredients are at room temp (cheese, sour cream, milk, eggs).

On point.

Crust:
15 Graham crackers, crushed
4 T butter, melted.

Caramel:
14oz individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
small can evaporated milk.

Cheesecake:
4- 8oz packages cream cheese
1.5 c white sugar
3/4 c whole milk
4 eggs
1 c sour cream
1 T vanilla extract
1/4 c AP flour (sifted)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a spring form pan. Mix Graham crackers and 4 T butter and press into bottom. Cook for 10 minutes, remove.

((Optional: Mix caramels and evaporated milk in double boiler over low heat until melted. Pour over cracker crust, cool.))

Cake: Mix cream cheese and sugar by hand (no electric mixer) until smooth. Blend in milk, then eggs one at a time. Gently mix in vanilla just enough to blend. Add sour cream. Do not overmix. Slowly mix in sifted flour until smooth. Do not overmix. Pour into springform pan.

***Some people prefer a water bath. I do not use a water bath, but use a pan of water underneath the cake.**

Bake for 1 hour or until done (golden around the edges). Turn oven off, crack door, and let cool 4-6 hours inside the oven. Refrigerate afterwards.

Optional:

For ganache, which can be done next day:

9oz semisweet chocolate
1 c heavy cream
1/2 stick butter, cubed

Place chocolate and cubed butter in bowl. Bring cream to a slight boil and slowly pour over chocolate/butter, whisking until smooth. As it starts to thicken, drizzle over cooled cake (making sure springform is removed).

People will love you.

Footnote: Roomtemp ingredients and the waterbath/water pan plus allowing it to cool in the oven prevents cracking.
edit on 23-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Oh. My. Goodness!!!!
I love this recipe!😁

I have a similar cheesecake recipe...it includes some lemon zest....if could make for an interesting addition.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Haha yeah, this is pretty much my tried and true recipe. The layer of caramel was my own addition that just worked wonders. Instead of layering or marbling in the cake itself, I wanted to keep the cheese fairly pure.

You mix your zest in the cake itself? That sounds...interesting, indeed.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
You see the plate with the knife and spoon on it next to the title, it is a cross to fend off evil sweets. Well, it doesn't work very well.

That must be a trident fork, maybe that is why it doesn't work.
edit on 23-12-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The caramel and blood on top ruins it for me.

Its 'cheese' cake, not Vampire candy.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No cake for you!

Hence 'optional.'

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I felt my arteries harden a little just looking at the picture but hard arteries are good , right ?

It looks delicious , thanks for the recipe but I give you advanced warning I will sue if it kills me.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Instead of layering or marbling in the cake itself, I wanted to keep the cheese fairly pure.

You mix your zest in the cake itself? That sounds...interesting, indeed.

I can understand the pure part...and part of the reason I'm not sure I want the caramel.
Heck, I often use flax meal or almond meal in place of the graham crust!!! LOL
I May have to try the caramel some day though!

The lemon zest goes right in the batter.....enough to give it a flavor, but does not overwhelm.
Probably similar to adding pepper/cayenne to some recipes???

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Of course hard arteries are good. That just means they're tough, and can handle most anything, right?

Hey, sue the cows! I didn't make the cheese and butter fattening!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The good thing about the caramel, even though an extra step, is that it doesn't affect the taste of the cheese cake. Since it binds to the crust more like a cracker, it's just as easy to eat the cake and leave the caramel, which I saw a couple of people do.

I actually considered only putting ganache on half of the cake, because, once again, I know some people like just plain ol' cheesecake. Then again, my cheesecake, my rules. lol

I can see how a trace of lemon zest might complement the cake...

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oh yeah, and another simple dessert recipe coming later this evening.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

WTF am I doing in life ?

I am coming to live w you!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Haha, you might be disappointed. I rarely make or even eats sweets (just special occasions), and mostly eat healthily and low carb!

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

And the holidays are the bane of the low carbers existence LOLOL

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Who needs holidays? Twinkie cake recipe coming soon...lol

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I don't believe this will taste good so......

You must send me one to try!!

(looks awesome, bet it really is)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Well, shipping would be outrageously high, or it would have to be shipped via freight, as heavy as it is.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Mmmm Cheesecake!

Love the chocolate idea, I will also attest to the deliciousness of the "lemon" cheesecake as that's just the way my great grandmother used to make it.

K~

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Does the lemon actually add a lemon taste, or is it just an accent to complement the flavors?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Adds just a hint of lemon the way she did it, so not lemon flavored like a meringue or custard.

K~

<<   2 >>

join