It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dream and an awakening.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hi,

So, this is my first thread and it's an easy starter really. I've toyed with a few other thread ideas in the past but I thought I'd start with a non-threatening one first ;-)

I wanted to share with you a dream I had two nights ago because it had a fairly profound effect on me.
Now, it is worth noting that I VERY rarely remember my dreams. Perhaps only once a year. Normally I awake in the morning with absolutely no recollection of any dream experiences whatsoever so, it was significant to me for that reason alone.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone if they have any thoughts they'd like to share about this dream.

Anyway, on to the content....

The memory of the dream begins with an enormous battle raging all around me... a dark sky above and a bleak landscape all around.
I fight alongside men and women who perhaps resemble elves, or at least beautiful, lithe, shining people. We fight against dark and twisted creatures of great evil. Brawny, leathery, ugly ork-like creatures .

The battle is fierce and desperate, we are not quite losing the fight but we are struggling to hold our ground.

I fight my way through the dense melee, through mud and mire, surrounded by the crashing of swords and the cries of those locked in deadly combat.

I push my way forward, towards a jagged, black, shining rock face.

Suddenly there is a break in the crowd and I stand in a clearing before a monolithic cliff-face.

There I see rows upon rows of men and women, trapped in what appear to be crystal cases, embedded in the rock. I recognise these people as "the heroes of goodness": The best and most powerful warriors of all races who fight for good. They have been imprisoned in these clear, crystal-like tombs, trapped and frozen.

I raise my sword as though to strike one of these prisons but it begins to glow with an intense orange/yellow light.

The evil creatures around me cower and scurry away.
The light becomes more intense, glowing ever more fiercely, blinding adversaries and allies alike.

I cannot see anything now beyond the all encompassing, brilliant light, emanating simultaneously from the sword I am holding and (I know this by some means but do not know how) an enormous rip in the black sky above me. Connecting the heavens to the earth.

The light grows still more intense.

There is a deafening silence.

There is nothing else.

The light is all there is.

Suddenly, the light goes out and I am standing before a beautiful snow-covered valley. From my vantage point high on a hill I see, far below, the flickering flames of torches and candles, lighting the streets and windows of a town in the valley floor.

Second part below
edit on 3-12-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That's intense.
Whenever I hear of someone reciting a long lasting, vividly detailed dream, I can't help but think that they must be a hair away from lucid dreaming...Have you ever experienced a lucid dream?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

Someone approaches me and I turn to see a beautiful woman with narrow features and long black hair. She is dressed in a white robe that resembles some kind of druidic priestess' gard.

I know immediately that she is not human but that she is the living embodiment of fate (not a being who decides what will happen but one who knows all there is to know)
I know also that the battle I was just engaged in was somehow won, that the light had been some kind of divine intervention and that the heroes of good are now free.

She is smiling. She sits beside me and motions for me to join her.

I sit.

She turns to me and says "what would you have if you could have anything you wanted"

I am not sure if this is an offer of a reward for the part I (unwittingly) played in the battle just fought or whether this is simply an inquiry of the sort you might expect from a powerful deity.

I recognise that I must answer honestly and truthfully and that, in order to be truly honest with her I must be truly honest with myself.

I gaze down at the valley below and sit long in silence, searching inside myself for the answer to her question.

Eventually I turn to her, gesture to the valley below and the hills beyond and say "this"

"I only want to see the beauty of the world. It is remarkable, it is all i could wish for"

She smiles to herself and says "yes, you're very sweet... but... I'm not quite sure that's right"

Well, when a god says to you that they're "not sure if that's right" I guess that really means "it's absolutely definitely NOT right"

This strikes me as profoundly funny and I begin to laugh. She begins to laugh too and soon we're both laughing like loons, tears rolling down my face, as though we just got the ultimate punchline for the great cosmic joke.

Then she becomes still and quiet and soft.

She leans towards me and gently grasps the back of my neck with her hand, pulling me closer still, til her forehead is touching mine. She closes her eyes and begins to slowly move her head side to side, as though reiterating "no, that's not it".. the soft skin of her forehead, barely touching mine, produces, at first, a tingling, tickling sensation on the surface of my skin... this sensation begins to spread deeper into my head.. in the centre of my forehead and behind my eyes an exquisite sensation of vibration begins to build.. she holds me close to her..

I wake up.

As I physically felt myself transitioning from dreaming consciousness to waking consciousness I heard her say, clear as day:

"Live"

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I have, yeah. Only once though. It was an interesting experience.

As I said, I VERY rarely remember my dreams at all...
It's weird; I fall asleep and, often, wake in exactly the same position, as though I've been unconscious rather than asleep...

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As unbelievable as the above sounds, that is 100% how it went down.

I woke up that day feeling a profound sense of contentment, as well as a strange kind of longing.

I'm not ashamed to admit (though am slightly puzzled) that the feeling was so great that I was on the verge of tears... it has stayed with me for a couple of days now and has been in my thoughts often... guess that's why I wanted to share.. anyway.. thanks guys (and gals)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
When we have dreams of this magnitude, that stay with us for the rest of our lives in vivid detail, they are messages. Who is to say that it is just a dream? IMO, it was a message. Right now the world is fighting hard, divided in two, and we have forgotten what we are here to do.

Live.

You have been given a blessing, and a message from the beyond. I dare say this will change the way you think and view the world. Be grateful you were chosen, because as with all things Fate, there are no coincidences.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Your dream reminds me of several Bible verses...

Revelation 6: 9-11 - 9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Revelation 20:7-9 - 7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

John 8:12 - 12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Revelation 21:23 - 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Thank you (and deetermined) for your contributions.

I am not a religious man and I don't believe necessarily in divine beings or the spirit world or anything.

However, I have been engaged now for many years in an odd sort of spiritual awakening (though that's not quite right, I'm just not sure how to put it).
Recently, as in a month or so ago, I had a profound experience, whilst sitting quietly and sort of meditating (though that's not quite right either). The sense of me, myself, I, as a separate individual entity kind of... fell away... and I was just simply aware...
The only thought that came to me, more a realisation, is that living is truly effortless... this has had a significant effect on my day to day... i feel very lucky and content and as though I'm a kid again, really seeing what's there...

I have since had another peculiar experience where I was laid on my bed, totally awake but simply 'being' (effortless being). I started to see a kind of yellow glow around and between my hands when I held them apart from one another.. when I "came to" (again, not right) I felt incredibly joyful and content...

I have not spoken with anyone about this as it's all a bit weird and absolutely NOTHING like my usual 'rational self'.

I imagine the yellow glow was kind of a trick of the mind or something but still, it had a pretty major effect on how I felt....

Curious times.

I appreciate your comments and I keep an open mind.. Thanks again

ETA: Oh and in a way, it kind of felt to me that the dream was in some way connected to my experiences... the mind trying to make sense of it all perhaps...

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I believe you are experiencing a spiritual awakening.

I'm trying not to be annoying, but your words just keep bringing me back to more Bible verses...

Matthew 18:1-4 1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm not super religious either, but I am spiritual. I may have posted this before, but I had an ex husband who was shot to death in his sleep in 1999 by an angry ex girlfriend who figured if she couldn't have him, nobody could.

Over the years, he came to me in dreams but I could NEVER hear him, it was as if there was loud static. We have a daughter together and all I would say in the dreams is, "please take care of our baby" (she's 32 now).

About a year ago I dreamed that I was working in a cat rescue (which I do on my own but this was in a shelter or something), and there was Charlie, sitting there petting the kittens and smiling. I was stunned and blurted out, "Charlie! You're dead, how can you be here if you're dead and buried?"

He said, clear as day, "Where you are, in your dimension, I am dead, and have been for years. But where I am, everything happens all at the same time, so I can be here with you and still be dead. Understand?"

I then woke up and was amazed. I also felt honored to be given this information. Because it makes total sense, it explains ESP (precognition, post-cognition, and seeing things in real time without being there). Charlie hasn't come back again in dreams. We used to talk about the afterlife and he said if he ever died he would let me know what's on the other side. He did.

This has changed my thinking in a profound way. Some may say it's just a dream, but contact and visions 'feel' differently. YOU will know, as you awaken and begin to connect the dots.

I've been having these dreams since I was 10. I have changed a great deal because of them. Other's opinions mean nothing. What you feel and know in your heart, is the only thing that matters.

edit on 3-12-2017 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Hi, thank you for your contributions.. haha.. I don't find it annoying at all, I appreciate your comments.

As I said previously, I am not a religious man, though the bible has many passages that are inspirational and contain fundamental truths about the human experience.

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

This ^ is a great example of that...

I have often thought (as have most others I'm sure) that 'grown ups' could really learn a lot from children. Their view of the world, of others and of themselves can be truly wonderful and entirely honest... when we are born we are born with no concept of being separate from the universe around us.

When a baby sees the sun rise she thinks, in her own way "I did that", because her sense of I and her sense of the world are one in the same...

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

The verse that came to me was Acts 2:17: "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams."
(New International Version).

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Wow,

Firstly, I am sorry that you have had to go through that. I am constantly amazed by the resilience of the human spirit. To go through what you have and to remain (I assume) a decent person is really remarkable.

Thank you for relaying your dream experience..

Regardless of whether it was 'only' a dream, or whether it was genuinely a message from your partner, it was an experience that helped to guide you, to heal you and to come to a deeper understanding of yourself and the world around you and, so, it is really immaterial whether or not it was 'only' a dream, as the result for you was the same

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The glow you see between your hands is real. You have connected with your inner energy.

The same energy, healers are gifted with. Though many do not open themselves to connect with, and learn how to use that gift. It appears you have found that door we are all born with, keep opening it. Let the white light of your blessed life force, flow around you and others, you wish to help find serenity, and protection from that that is evil.

Bright Blessings, New Warrior.

Des.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Hey,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Destinyone..

I'm not sure if I can accept what you're saying at face value...

I'm not dismissing what you're saying though.

Perhaps you're right and perhaps what I was seeing was really there.. I just don't really know how to fit that into my world view... I don't generally believe in that kind of thing and i prefer to form my views based on verifiable evidence...

Still, I am happy to keep an open mind and I will be interested to see if I experience anything like that again in the future... perhaps I might see if I can cultivate such an experience, though that is contradictory to the experience of simply 'being'...

Interesting that we so often find ourselves in such double binds I think..

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My take:
You done good. You connected heaven and earth and the goddess is pleased. Your subconscious and superconscious were briefly, but significantly aligned.

Half your luck, nearly every time I dream about her, she's looking pretty disappointed.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Unresponsible

Haha.. ahh well.. then I am fortunate indeed

Thank you

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
to better remember dreams
have a book bye the bed with two pens.
as soon as you awake wright it down.
All the dreams!
then go back to sleep or get up.

later you can read it and remember.
in time you will not need the book.
but keep doing it.

as in years to come you can look back.
it is amazing to look back!
I find it hard to belive some of my dreams.
in one night I had seven.

I wish people would stop saying all the good is down to god!
if that was so. then all the evil is down to god to.
People CAN do good with out god.....

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This should be sold to warcaraft or skyrim as a quest.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Your writing is beautiful. You paint a very vivid picture with your words and the emotional nuances are easy to pick up. Lovely dream.

I'm sure there are various levels to such a dream.

Just on one level, it says that the battle between good and evil, light and darkness, is one that MUST be fought. It is sometimes ugly and full of danger and even death, but in the end, if you have fought the good fight, the reward is a better place and the renewal is a beautiful thing to witness.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join