It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University event highlights 14 ways ‘whiteness’ oppresses society

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
More of the same. This time 14 posters detailing how whiteness in America oppresses people of color and society. Luckily whites are not part of society right?

SAN MARCOS, Calif. — A “Whiteness Forum” at Cal State San Marcos on Tuesday prominently displayed 14 poster boards detailing different ways in which students say whiteness in America oppresses people of color and society.

For 15 years and “going strong,” this annual forum has taken place as a part of Professor Dreama Moon’s “Communication of Whiteness” course, the scholar said as she kicked off the two-hour event inside a large multipurpose room.
www.thecollegefix.com...

At noon there were performances by students in the class. These students in a very expensive college expressed their frustrations with whiteness.
Professor Moon looked on and smiled, and encouraged the crowd to interact with the frustrated students and learn about white supremacy.

The forum kicked off at noon with two spoken poems performed by students in the class who took the opportunity to express frustration with whiteness.

One of the performers, a female African American student, called Africa “the greatest country in the world, where we all once originated.” Her poem went on: “On a daily basis I am seen as a threat, but you get a pass because you’re white.”

“I am an African American and by my people and country I stand,” she continued. “I identify not with the equality of America, but with the ‘We The People.’”

Another student’s poem offered similar sentiments: “Whiteness thrives on the hate of everyone. Realize we are all pawns in this chess game. Every day is a day to challenge whiteness.”

As the young women spoke their poems with passion, Professor Moon, who is white, stood nearby and watched with a smile. After the performances, Moon encouraged the crowd to interact with her students and learn about “white supremacy.”

One of the 14 poster board exhibits pointed out the fact that some tv and movies have actors that are cast white that should be black.

Another poster board labeled “Whiteness in the Entertainment Industry” depicted different films and television shows in which white actors had been cast in roles that some believe should have been portrayed by people of color. The students also accused Hollywood of stereotyping, citing as an example Sophia Vergara’s “hypersexualized” character on “Modern Family.”

One student who is objectively looking at this got it right, this is racist.
Writing It White and Asian Does Not Start With A+ are a few of the names of the 14 poster exhibits. Divide and conquer.

“The event is racist in itself,” she said in an interview with The College Fix, pointing out that if the forum was dedicated to any other race in the same way it was dedicated to whiteness there would have been a huge outrage.

The titles of the 14 booths were: “Anti-Racist Discourse in Mental Health,” “Whiteness in the Entertainment Industry,” “Writing It White,” “Asian Does Not Start With A+,” “Colorism,” “Confederate Monuments,” “It’s Not Us, It’s Them,” “White Supremacy in Government Representatives,” “Redlining,” “The Spin,” “Got Privilege,” “No Human Left Behind,” “Puerto Rico & Whiteness,” and “Build Bridges Not Walls.”

More of the same from the very fortunate college students that are frustrated. I hate to break it to these "kids" (young adults) that almost everyone is frustrated at their age.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Same thing happened in every African and Asian country where the Communists took over and started violent revolutions.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Imagine your life is so consumed by hate that you actually create an event to celebrate it.

These events are just like the KKK gatherings.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Could any other race have been the subject of this hate exhibit?

These kids are frustrated by the world they see, guess what almost every young adult can't believe how shotty the "real" world is. But they think they are the first to plant their flags on top of hill unfair life. And the idiot professors fan the flames.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
"Whiteness"? If we add the suffix "ness" on the end of the adjective "white", it comes the mean the "state of being white".

This course is racist, and given that such a forum is held in a public university, it is systematically racist.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Tempter

Could any other race have been the subject of this hate exhibit?

These kids are frustrated by the world they see, guess what almost every young adult can't believe how shotty the "real" world is. But they think they are the first to plant their flags on top of hill unfair life. And the idiot professors fan the flames.

These kids are frustrated because they have been indoctrinated to be perpetual victims instead of accepting the fact that becoming a grown up has it's ups and downs and making grown up choices in life.

The world has never been fair and never will be. Instead of teaching responsibility and morality our educational system has been doing nothing more than creating victims.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It's okay, these are college kids who have not faced the real world. They will graduate and realize that it does not matter if everyone in the world is racist...rent is still due by the first. Or they just move back in with the parents and do tumblr full time.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 30-11-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The dialectic is strong with this one. It's pretty obvious somebody really really needs the sheep to be looking at each other and not peering behind curtains and under rugs.

Gotta hate somebody, as long as it's not the folks in control...Right?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Works every time it's tried.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

The dialectic is strong with this one. It's pretty obvious somebody really really needs the sheep to be looking at each other and not peering behind curtains and under rugs.

Gotta hate somebody, as long as it's not the folks in control...Right?

Keeping the people divided is the goal. The University event was probably financed by the cabal. It's just too easy to play the American people.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The world wars were global because it is easy to play all people.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I love how the one presentation pointed out that approximately 20% of congress members are minorities as an example of "white supremacy".
That moron might want to look at the demographics of the US.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I love how the one presentation pointed out that approximately 20% of congress members are minorities as an example of "white supremacy".
That moron might want to look at the demographics of the US.

Facts belong no where near this college or it's racist exhibits.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The scary thing for the group holding this forum is that it's being held in a university--a learning system made possible by your stereotypical European white guy.

What the...is that irony that I smell cooking? Are we talking about "Whiteness" oppressing people of color in our society by discussing it in a venue (Cal State San Marcos) made possible by Wynetka Ann Reynolds, a white woman who lived on Native American reservations growing up and was the Cal State University chancellor at the time who wanted to create an independent university that focused on leadership opportunities for minorities (and women), and officially created by then-Governor George Deukmejian, the son of Armenian immigrants (Armenians are generally considered "white")?

So, in a university dreamed up by a minority-focused white woman and officially created by a "white" Governor who was the son of middle-eastern immigrants fleeing a genocide, these people find it appropriate to complain about white oppression?

Was this the theme song to the event?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
dont be surprised when all these white people fight back

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a silliness forum. i refuse to feel guilty for how i was born.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Blaming imperialism on "whiteness" is just brazen hypocritical racism of the most over the top self-deluded ignoramus variety.

Imperialism is as Iron of a Law since the inception of Homo sapiens as is spoken language. It's based on Supremacy, Pride, over other groups, which SJW has as its foundation, running through its core, and fully engaged throughout its entire nervous system.

edit on 30-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
WOW, I see universities are full of morons. Most Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese are white, as are many if not most Hispanics. Its either white, black, or brown and whether your European, South American or one of the Asians I listed their skin is still white. Black, brown and white each have about a third of the human population regardless of geography or language spoken.

There, I just made it simple for the idiots.

Here let me give an example of how blackness oppresses society. Young teenagers and adults are murdered and beaten every year for a specifically product developed by and marketed towards the black audience, Michael Jordan's sneakers. There we go, I gave my example of how blackness oppresses society. Who else has one?

Oh here we go, the overwhelming majority of black produced hip-hop/rap music glamourizes criminal culture and behavior. Oh I got me two. Can I make it to fourteen?? I better pause and wait to make sure I'm not being rude.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Whiteness has improved society far more than it has ever oppressed.

I wonder if they have "Blackness/Brownness Forums" in non white majority countries where they teach about how Blackness/Brownness oppresses people of whiteness and society?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join